"Batman Arkham City" Sequel

• 67 results
#1 Posted by PunyParker (12211 posts) - - Show Bio

So.....we had a lot of speculation about this,so i want your thoughts on the subject.....Batman Arkham 3, or this Golden age Batman game?(rumor)

A lot of secrets...is Joker really dead?....Scarecrow-Croc-Harley-Batman sad after the events of the game....Gentelmen,your thoughts !

#2 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Well first of the rumours are of silver age prequel game not a golden age, and I would like a proper arkham 3 which shows the characters most affected by the events in arkham city dealing with it, and above all be set in the whole of Gotham which seems to be what its building up to. Plus if the Joker is to be in it I hope they give a good reason for him to have survived or came back from the dead and not a half arsed reason. Above all set in Gotham and continue with the stories Arkham City has set up.

#3 Posted by PunyParker (12211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whodid said:

Well first of the rumours are of silver age prequel game not a golden age, and I would like a proper arkham 3 which shows the characters most affected by the events in arkham city dealing with it, and above all be set in the whole of Gotham which seems to be what its building up to. Plus if the Joker is to be in it I hope they give a good reason for him to have survived or came back from the dead and not a half arsed reason. Above all set in Gotham and continue with the stories Arkham City has set up.

Totally agree with you! (sorry silver age)

I also would like an open world Gotham City for the 3rd game....what Arkham games build musnt be destroyed!....

(Clayface fell into the Lazarus Pitt....a bit suspicius,doncha think?)

As about Mr.J.....i want him in the game,if they bring Mark Hamill again....if not,i will be dissapointed...

#4 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker's death was staged perfectly in the last game. And to be honest, it should probably stay that way. Now, my theory is the main villain is going to be Scarecrow, considering there were some pretty huge easter eggs in the game emphasizing that he's going to be back for revenge. Not to mention the end of the side mission with Azrael mentioned a prophecy that could be the plot of the next game.

Anyways, I figure that there's going to be a huge debate over closing Arkham City in Gotham, but at it's weakest the inmates break free and swarm Gotham. Two-Face, maybe Penguin and perhaps Black Mask could be the big name gang leaders. Between Gotham City's worst criminals plaguing the city, Scarecrow's master plan and Gotham City possibly suspecting Batman as the man who murdered the Joker, I think that'd have Batman's work cut out for him. Not to mention, there's no doubt going to be a big sub-plot about Hush and maybe Azrael, if it's not the heart of the story already...

#5 Posted by PunyParker (12211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102:

Just what you said!

#6 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think Scarecrow is gonna be the bad guy in the next game, and Azreals prophecy hints that some serious shit is gonna go down in the next game. And I hope Harley will become more dangerous than ever before in the next game.

#7 Posted by Loki9876 (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard things about a prequel

#8 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont want a prequel espacial now theres a rumor about justice league being in a prequel

#9 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

i dont want a prequel espacial now theres a rumor about justice league being in a prequel

DC is just trying to shoe horn the Justice League into everything at the moment, I don't like the way they are going about it especially when it damages things like the Arkham series which functions perfectly well on its own.

#10 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Rocksteady have any intention of putting the JLA into the next game, or the silver age prequel thing, nor do I think DC want Rocksteady to do that since they know how much people like what Rocksteady have got going on at the moment, so I think its just a rumour they released and they are seeing what happens with that rumour. I am pretty sure we will get another dark and gritty Arkham game from Rocksteady, to whether it lives up to Arkham City is another question, but I have faith that it will.

#11 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whodid said:

I don't think Rocksteady have any intention of putting the JLA into the next game, or the silver age prequel thing, nor do I think DC want Rocksteady to do that since they know how much people like what Rocksteady have got going on at the moment, so I think its just a rumour they released and they are seeing what happens with that rumour. I am pretty sure we will get another dark and gritty Arkham game from Rocksteady, to whether it lives up to Arkham City is another question, but I have faith that it will.

The creator of the Arkham games has not been asked by WB to do a third game, however it looks like they intend to do a sequel/prequel. Rocksteady can only do so much on there own since this is a licensed property, if WB wants the next "arkham" game to have the JL in it they'll find another developer.

As said above this is just the WB trying to get people excited for a potential JL movie (I know its been more or less green lit for 2015 but im still strongly of the belief that WB is waiting for how MOS does next year)

#12 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they announce SOMETHING soon, it's been over a year since the release of Arkham City and we've still heard nothing official about a 3rd Arkham game.

#13 Posted by TheCannon (19215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

Joker's death was staged perfectly in the last game. And to be honest, it should probably stay that way. Now, my theory is the main villain is going to be Scarecrow, considering there were some pretty huge easter eggs in the game emphasizing that he's going to be back for revenge. Not to mention the end of the side mission with Azrael mentioned a prophecy that could be the plot of the next game.

Anyways, I figure that there's going to be a huge debate over closing Arkham City in Gotham, but at it's weakest the inmates break free and swarm Gotham. Two-Face, maybe Penguin and perhaps Black Mask could be the big name gang leaders. Between Gotham City's worst criminals plaguing the city, Scarecrow's master plan and Gotham City possibly suspecting Batman as the man who murdered the Joker, I think that'd have Batman's work cut out for him. Not to mention, there's no doubt going to be a big sub-plot about Hush and maybe Azrael, if it's not the heart of the story already...

This 1000%! It's actually my plot for the third game....

Except for Penguin in it.

#14 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: You don't think the Penguin would be in it? What about as a side-mission or something? Maybe he'd fall back on his career as a crime lord and become a weapons dealer or something since Two-Face seized his territory by the end of the last game...

#15 Posted by TheCannon (19215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@TheCannon: You don't think the Penguin would be in it? What about as a side-mission or something? Maybe he'd fall back on his career as a crime lord and become a weapons dealer or something since Two-Face seized his territory by the end of the last game...

Maybe a side-mission, but I can at least say I don't have him in a side-mission. I'd prefer to see Black Mask as a crime lord and face Two-face.

#16 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Same here. Considering how ruthless Penguin was in Arkham City, one could only imagine how worse Black Mask might be... He'd also be a unique challenge for Batman to stand up to. And hopefully Two-Face will have a bigger part in the general story line too. He didn't have a whole lot to contribute in the last game besides in DLC and the very beginning.

#17 Posted by TheCannon (19215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@TheCannon: Same here. Considering how ruthless Penguin was in Arkham City, one could only imagine how worse Black Mask might be... He'd also be a unique challenge for Batman to stand up to. And hopefully Two-Face will have a bigger part in the general story line too. He didn't have a whole lot to contribute in the last game besides in DLC and the very beginning.

Yeah, I would just want some different villain in an Arkham 3. So Black Mask instead of Penguin. Two-face was in the first one, but like you said, he didn't contribute a whole lot. HE should have a major role in the next game, along with Scarecrow, Hush, and Black Mask.

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Would absolutely love an Arkham world.

#19 Posted by marvelftw (73 posts) - - Show Bio

If they make a prequel, I'll be pissed. These games are perfect the way they are. Don't mess with the formula by adding the Justice League or something like that. Plus, I wanna see Scarecrow's plan, if Joker comes back or not, how Azrael's prophecy plays out, and I REALLY wanna see how Hush's plan to ruin Bruce Wayne's life works out.

#20 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Absolutely. Although I'm curious as far as who else they'll might surprise us with in the next game... There's not any major Batman villains they really need to include left. Might be possible though that a lot of lesser villains like the Ventriloquist or Calender Man might get their own side missions perhaps... Could be somewhat similar to Knightfall where all the Arkhamites are free and are going to make their move as soon as possible.

#21 Posted by TheCannon (19215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@TheCannon: Absolutely. Although I'm curious as far as who else they'll might surprise us with in the next game... There's not any major Batman villains they really need to include left. Might be possible though that a lot of lesser villains like the Ventriloquist or Calender Man might get their own side missions perhaps... Could be somewhat similar to Knightfall where all the Arkhamites are free and are going to make their move as soon as possible.

Wow. Couldn't agree more. Ventriloquist should be in the game in more than a cameo, so side mission is probably the best. Same with Calender Man.

#22 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

Calender man should have a big role in it.

#23 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: That's exactly what I've been thinking. The Scarface puppets has been circulating all over the place in the last two games, I'd like to see Arnold take back his criminal career again now that Joker is finished using Scarface as a disposable toy. Plus Calender Man broke free after his stories were told on the holidays... Maybe Batman would be on his trail on a side mission before he strikes on an upcoming holiday.

#24 Posted by TheCannon (19215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@TheCannon: That's exactly what I've been thinking. The Scarface puppets has been circulating all over the place in the last two games, I'd like to see Arnold take back his criminal career again now that Joker is finished using Scarface as a disposable toy. Plus Calender Man broke free after his stories were told on the holidays... Maybe Batman would be on his trail on a side mission before he strikes on an upcoming holiday.

Again, perfect. I could not agree more.

Although I'm not sure if Arnold as Ventriloquist could work (despite me wanting him as Ventriloquist). Payton Reily was apparently revealed as the active Ventriloquist in Arkham City from what I've read.

#25 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Actually, Arnold physically appeared in the Arkham City comic series already when Joker was put on trial... And I heard that on a GCPD radio frequency he robbed a bank and took somebody hostage or something. I'm not entirely sure though so I'll try looking it up.

#26 Posted by TheCannon (19215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@TheCannon: Actually, Arnold physically appeared in the Arkham City comic series already when Joker was put on trial... And I heard that on a GCPD radio frequency he robbed a bank and took somebody hostage or something. I'm not entirely sure though so I'll try looking it up.

I never saw anything other than the puppet appearing in the case at the museum, then disappearing later on. But from what I've read. Payton was revealed to be the active Ventriloquist in the game, despite Arnold still alive.

#27 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: That's a little bizarre... Maybe they're connected somehow or working together. Since I recall she was Thomas Eliot's fiancee I believe maybe she'd have some part there.

#28 Posted by TheCannon (19215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@TheCannon: That's a little bizarre... Maybe they're connected somehow or working together. Since I recall she was Thomas Eliot's fiancee I believe maybe she'd have some part there.

That could be. The Thomas Eliot thing could tie it into a Hush storyline though.

#29 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: That's what I'm thinking... Maybe Batman would have to track her down to interrogate her about what she knows about Hush or something... Then maybe when she's taken down Arnold would refill his role as the Ventriloquist again for a side mission. Might be a bit of a stretch there but it could be plausible. I'm sure Rocksteady would know how to make the Ventriloquist into a formidable villain for at least a good side quest.

#30 Posted by TheCannon (19215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@TheCannon: That's what I'm thinking... Maybe Batman would have to track her down to interrogate her about what she knows about Hush or something... Then maybe when she's taken down Arnold would refill his role as the Ventriloquist again for a side mission. Might be a bit of a stretch there but it could be plausible. I'm sure Rocksteady would know how to make the Ventriloquist into a formidable villain for at least a good side quest.

No, I'm sure YOU know how to make the Ventriloquist a formidable villain. Your idea is awesome.

#31 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

Thanks! =D I liked them myself but never really considered them awesome. xD

#32 Posted by YoungJustice (6887 posts) - - Show Bio

Like others have stated, an open world Gotham Game. I want to be able to play as Robin and/or Nightwing too. Meet Alfred and Oracle. Have Black Canary make a little cameo (Her dad did work for Gotham PD). Scarecrow as main villian. Ras Al Ghul and The League as a sub plot.

#33 Posted by theMatthewPryor (3 posts) - - Show Bio

There should definitely be a sequel to this game, and not a prequel. I'm not really a fan of the talk of JLA being in there either. There's definitely enough to work with for a sequel to this game. Black Mask wasn't seen after escaping from Arkham City, Hush is free and could be a prime contender for the main villain in the next game, Scarecrow wasn't in Arkham City, but as previously mentioned there were plenty of hints regarding his presence, then there's the Azrael prophecy. There HAS to be an Arkham 3

#34 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterKetch: How do you know they have not been asked, or whether Rocksteady have pitched for Arkham 3 or any kind of Batman game, they are under no obligation to tell us what is going on, for all we know there may be no Arkham 3, but on the other hand it could be in the planning stages right now, or at most right now be in early development, or maybe Rocksteady is working on some other IP. We just don't know and wont know until they make an announcement. Right now all we have is speculation.

#35 Posted by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

We can blame Warner Bro's and the JLA movie as to why we are not getting a proper sequel to Arkham City. Also, I am worried about the series future since Paul Dini left

#36 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

if its going to be a silver age game id love it to have art design like the ultimatr spiderman game

#37 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, we don't need the JL in a silver age Batman game. We have Lego Batman 2 for that. Although I'm not totally against one or two of the JL members appearing in the third, there has to be a really good reason.

#38 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whodid: I read an interview with the head writer who said in response to the sequel talk that WB didn't even approach him about doing a third game, in fact they told him in so many words to look for other work.

#39 Edited by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterKetch:

Referring to Paul Dini, right?

#40 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie: This is what I read off of the Arkham City Wikipedia page (under "Sequel")

In July 2012, Variety published a report that Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment was looking to make Rocksteady's next Batman game a prequel based on the Silver Age of Comic Books, and featuring the characters Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash. The report suggested that the game would explore Batman's first confrontation with the Joker, and that it would have a release date of no earlier than 2014.

In August 2012, Paul Dini stated that he would not be involved in writing a sequel, having not been included in writing for any of the DLC, including the story-based "Harley Quinn's Revenge" DLC, and he claimed that Warner Bros. suggested that he take work elsewhere if offered. He added that he had taken on other projects that would prevent his involvement until 2013.

#41 Posted by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterKetch:

Yeah, I read that on Paul Dini's blog http://kingofbreakfast.livejournal.com/106617.html

#42 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

WE all know that they are working on a new batman game right;)

#43 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie said:

@MisterKetch:

Yeah, I read that on Paul Dini's blog http://kingofbreakfast.livejournal.com/106617.html

I was going to suggest a Heart of Hush storyline, seeing as Paul Dini wrote it himself. If he's not writing Arkham 3 though, I guess it doesn't need to be. I don't see the point of a prequel. I think a sequel would be much better. And like someone has said, I want to be able to go to the Batcave, explore the manor, talk with other Bat characters. What would be really interesting is giving us the Batmobile, or the Batcycle. Also, it would be cool to switch between Batman and Bruce Wayne for different missions. One mission could be Bruce is at a party, and a villain shows up. Or a Matches Mallone mission! Or using the Bat-armor suit (the big robot armor from Batman 8 and 9). There are so many things that you can do with Batman in Gotham City, and I don't think a prequel would add anything more.

#44 Posted by Cancer the Conqueror (78 posts) - - Show Bio

There doesn't seem like any love for the possibility of an Arkham City prequel. While I don't bash on an outright sequel itself, I don't see a prequel as being useless. The last game ended on such an outright depressing note, a prequel could display how everything led up to it. Instead of using some of the more outlandish Silver Age elements, a prequel could portray a young, inexperienced Bruce Wayne--still quick and resourceful, but looks at his job not as all-consuming with the rest of his life. While I would love more of the great Mark Hamill, if he's had his fill of the Joker, I'll respect that; the game would chronicle Batman's initial meeting with the Joker in the heydays of the Silver Age, and ends in the grim aftermath of "A Death in the Family" and "The Killing Joke". It would be a vastly different structured chronology than the last two games that lasted in a single night, but after those games established the fact that 1) a good Batman game can be made and 2) his grim demeanor and atmosphere can be perfectly represented, it would be interesting to see something different.

That being said, an actual sequel could still be done, if done properly. I subscribe myself to the idea that Batman himself loses a good deal of pathos when the Joker permanently comes out of the picture, so maybe Joker could leave an elaborate scheme for Bats to uncover should his untimely end finally come about. I am unaware with this whole Azrael & Scarecrow thing, but I don't doubt just because a good amount of people got the axe doesn't mean there's no more things to do. I just feel that in terms of overall potential into the Batman mythos, a prequel would work well, but in terms of gameplay it would be an expectation at this point to expand to Gotham itself.

#45 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

A prequel, would get people more hyped for a true sequel, look at the new Assassins Creed man! lots and lots of "mainstream" people know it, and getting ready for it.

#46 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Two is enough. They need to move on to another character.

#47 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Two is enough. They need to move on to another character.

Yeah about Joker right?

#48 Posted by charlieboymufc (3 posts) - - Show Bio

In a way i hope they do both a prequel and a sequel to arkham.

I'd love to see the game in a silver age storyline. It would be good to see when batman first met joker and have other playable characters which are in the justice league, i'd also like to see dick grayson as robin. And for the sequel, i would want to see what azrael was talking about to happen.

#49 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes the Azrael part....so sick....hope it gets to a reality!

#50 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

In order for a sequel to be a success it has to be epic. bigger than the previous games. I just hope they get new characters as level bosses or side missions and they just do a better job with bane cause what they done with him so far is just pathetic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.