Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman: Arkham City Sells 4.6 Million Units Worldwide in One Week

• 71 results
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By BatteredArmor

I don't whether to say "No Duh, what did you think it sold" or "Congrats Bats"

MSBoyd23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By MSBoyd23

AC Revelations might give Batman a run for it's money, but I can see how AC's sales might be hampered by coming out second. Some people might not want to drop over $100 in less than a month to pick up both games.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By armylife1124
    @MSBoyd23 said:

AC Revelations might give Batman a run for it's money, but I can see how AC's sales might be hampered by coming out second. Some people might not want to drop over $100 in less than a month to pick up both games.

I will be buying AC Revalations, but I do not think it will come anywhere close sales wise, people have already dropped money on the last 3 AC games and may not rush out to get this one...Battlefield and Call of Duty will have huge numbers, and the Skyrim game will go pretty big, though not as high as Battlefield, CoD and Batman.....

Not a surprise Batman went big, great game with a lot of hype, and reviewed excellently everywhere!
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By ComicCrazy

BEST GAME EVER MADE.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By goldenkey

@HunterGP02: Pretty much every review I read said something like more 10 plus hours, but those were from much bigger gamers then myself. I remember the last one and there was a couple of times where I just had no idea what the hell to do next so I had to jump on Youtube and watch the walk thru and go "Jesus Christ how stupid am I" Im expecting I'll have to do the same thing on this one too.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Primmaster64
    @azza04 said:

It's a awesome game. Playing as Catwoman is a treat.

You know what would have been more awesome?
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Phenomenal!

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Or35ti
    Yeah the economy might be part of it.But in general when theirs a down turn in the economy theirs a up turn in entertainment.Worse yet...
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/25/shonen-jump-going-digital-only-for-99-cents-was-only-the-start/
    This manga sales around 125k per month.its gona shut down an go weekly for 99 cents a week.Funny any thing over 80k by the big two is considered a hit.An at least in the US their going digital .If the big two was smart ( an we know their not) they would tie in older digital comics with all kinds of things .From Captain America to Batman  dvds/bluerays  to even shirts just have a scratch off code an a web site to go to.
    Dc is sorta getn the idea with some comics you get digital as well.Maybe theirs hope.But as a long term comic fan not only have i seen the comic industry shoot it self in the foot.. but reload an keep on shooting.
    Avatar image for old_comic_lover_50
    Old_Comic_Lover_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOS energy drink has the Batman Beyond skin svailable for one point so go buy one and get the skin. Here's the link for it... http://www.drinknos.com/rewards.do?itemId=15766 Get them while you can they're going fast!!!

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CitizenJP

Arkham City is amazing. With all the cameos and awesome story, I kinda wish that all of the elements in this game could be applied to another character...like maybe an actually good Superman game? Orrr something of that nature. Just saying. :)

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Hector

They are getting a buy from me tomorrow! :)

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By jrock85

I'm not surprised. The Bat is the #1 cash cow in comics.

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RScottH08

I dont think im even half way through and I love it, its so much more challenging and open than asylum. Im just glad the two main games i had been lookin foward to this year have not dissapointed and have just been amazing. (the other was gears of war 3, which was also just amazing imo) So ya this along with gears 3 and maybe a couple of others are definetly gonna be the top selling games, not to mention as its get closer to the holidays and kids start asking parents for em, sales on these and a couple of other games will just continue to skyrocket. Its really been a good year for games and its been an even better last two months in games to me.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Eyz

It could really be on its way to actually beat the best selling Batman movie itself! (Dark Knight)

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

I've been the first game, collected all the Riddlers Trophies, Riddles as well as complete all physical task and just started on the Story+. Also found alot of easter eggs like Scarecrow's Boat and a certain villainess' pregnancy.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Fhiz said:

I believe they actually 2 million out of the 4.6 shipped. Nevertheless, really great sales for a single week.

Thanks for the correction. This was expected especially because of the good reviews.

I don't know who has sold more comics: Batman or Spider-man ? But i think Batman wins here cos he started first.

I am not confident that Batman is still the greatest comic character if we based on everything (not done with all the research), but I'm leaning towards him. : )

anyway, just a few info you might be interested

Batman

Total films: 7

estimated total sales: $2,633,156,775

number of video games: 14

number of video games sold: 17 million

Spider-man

total films: 3

estimated total sales: $2,496,346,518

number of video games: 41

number of video games sold: 26.68 million

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By azza04

@Primmaster64 said:

@azza04 said:

It's a awesome game. Playing as Catwoman is a treat.

You know what would have been more awesome?

Playing as Superman of course :)

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheSheepHerder

I hate this two week wait for the PC port. T________________T

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

there are some spoilers just sitting out there which would surprise everyone if they looked for it. i saw or found many of them and was amazed. oh, there is a certain bat ally who is around who definitely hints at a sequel.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#70  Edited By kennybaese

@Marshal Victory said:

Um how much of those are counted for pc sales? Its not out on pc for a few weeks.
    @walkingcarpet said:

@Or35ti said:

Nice! Has anyone noticed how comics are rising in nearly every form of media? Seriously, the Avengers and the Dark Knight Rises are probably the two most hyped films of 2012, the Walking Dead just broke a record in viewership last week and now Batman: Arkham City is selling like crazy! Now if only more people would buy actual comics.

My thoughts exactly. People keep pointing at the movies stuff and saying that comics are doing better than ever but, with the exception of some of DC's relaunch stuff, that really isn't the case. Even with the relaunch, I really don't think it will be either. However, with publishers embracing digital distribution, that might change.

i guess me and Jeff at Giant Bomb are alone in thinking that the Catwoman stuff in Arkham City was a little less than great. She doesn't feel different enough to me except in the way you move through the city with her, which was more annoying than anything, I thought. I like her inclusion, but I wish she had felt less like a faster version of Batman and more like her own thing.

Its a combination of things. Many still remember 1 buck comics.Not thinking what that was as a % of the average wage then.Plus 20 pages for 4 bucks turns off alot of people.Tho trades an hard bounds can be a much better value ,people just see it as a money sink. Not as a hobby.At least in north america. Comics in other areas are doing quit well.if you count world wide manga sales.

Fair enough. My point was simply that people who don't buy comics have told me on several occasions that there wasn't any way that comics could be doing poorly with all of the comic movies and such that are doing so well these days, movies they all saw and loved. However, if I ask them when the last time they bought a comic was, their answer is something between never and about ten years ago.

waw003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By waw003

The RockSteady team should make ALL comic book games; not just Batman, not just DC and not just Marvel but all comic book video games.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.