Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Arkham Asylum 2: RIP?

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Eclipse-

Don't know if any of you played the first game... I got it for Christmas, but also bought Uncharted 2 and I've been distracted by that, lol 

Now before someone tells me to shut up and get my butt back to Giant Bomb or something, I made this topic because I wanted your opinion on something. 

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9012982 

^ this guy has ideas for what the next Batman game could be about, based on the trailer... It all sounds pretty exciting, so I thought I'd share it with the rest of you. What do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Sounds reasonanble now I want to be Red Robin even more
    Also that's society in ten years

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Caligula

I hope that's it. because I would love to play RIP/Battle for the Cowl. 
    and if that's so we may get a multiplayer experince, like mabye some tag-team free-for-all fighting extras, like the first game, but just Multiplayer this time.
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

I want a co-op and different costumes to use in gotham city. And also more importantly I want when you beat the game you can still fight crime just like in the spider-man movie games

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I hate Dick as Batman, I want my Bruce Wayne!!! But I can see that some one has had a lot of time on their hands to hink this all through and lay it out for us, very interesting I must say.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

If this isn't an evil future where I can kick ass as a 60-something Bruce Wayne.... I WILL BE VERY DISSAPOINTED.
    Mr. Punisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mr. Punisher
    @InnerVenom123:
    That wouldn't be Arkham Asylum it'd be DK
    Roechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Roechi

Well guys, 
    I agree. It would be fun for sure to play the RIP/BFTC storylines, but to be honest: The fact of Batman being killed during the Final Crisis would confuse most of the players, or even distract them, 'cause the average gamer ins't really up to the current happenings in the DC Universe. 
    II don't think that Rock Steady would gamble like this on the strong name BATMAN:ARKHAM ASYLUM. 

but at least there's Two-Face and the Penguin featuring this second part, and a very free to explore Gotham City, hopefully.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @Roechi:
    I'm an averege gamer and I'm up to speed on whats going on on in the comics
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Mr. Punisher:
    I know, but it'd still be awesome.
    Roechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Roechi

Yeah and you are in a comic forum. 
    What I am trying to say is, that only a small percentage of the gamers world wide is quite into the dc universe. It would be just to much stuff going on in the game. It would be somehow difficult to explain the death of Bruce Wayne during the final crisis, since most of the gamers just know the ruff outlines of the Batman story. Additionally Dick Grayson would have to be introduced and this whole Nightwing stuff. You just can't put all this information into the game, uness it would have half-an-hour-length cutscenes.  
    The first game featured just the main idea of Morrisons Arkham Asylum, so how should the second title include RIP, Battle for the Cowl, Final Crisis and I don't know what? 

I guess the frame of RIP would be enough for one game.  

Greetings from Germany.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @Roechi:
    I have at least 10 friends that are HUGE gamers and are deep into the DCU
    Roechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Roechi

@Mr. Dead Pool said:

" @Roechi: I have at least 10 friends that are HUGE gamers and are deep into the DCU "

Yeah but that doesn't make you even one percent of all the gamers world wide. And surely your friends are people you share interests with. So it's no coincidence they are gaming AND into the DCU. So what's the point? I've got a lot of friends and 30% of them are gamers, but none of them reads comics. 
    See, I don't know where you are from Deadpool, but here in Germany, comics are not really the big thing here, but videogames are ( we've got some of the best E-Sport teams of europe here). Though I said some more things that could possibly contradict story arc that huge in the game. 
    Peace.    
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Caligula said:
    " I hope that's it. because I would love to play RIP/Battle for the Cowl. and if that's so we may get a multiplayer experince, like mabye some tag-team free-for-all fighting extras, like the first game, but just Multiplayer this time. "
    Co-op would be fun, but I've heard people suggesting team deathmatch type modes, which I don't think would work well at all... Multiplayer should be restricted to members of the Bat-family only/some villains and no competitive modes. 

@SUPER-MAN 23 said:
    " I want a co-op and different costumes to use in gotham city. And also more importantly I want when you beat the game you can still fight crime just like in the spider-man movie games "
    That is a MUST. 

@War Killer said:
    " I hate Dick as Batman, I want my Bruce Wayne!!! But I can see that some one has had a lot of time on their hands to hink this all through and lay it out for us, very interesting I must say. "
    Have you been reading any of the series with Dick as Batman? 

If you have... Meh, difference of opinion, lol... If you haven't, well, you should really give Dick a chance before you declare your hatred for him, hehe 

@Mr. Punisher said:
    " @InnerVenom123: That wouldn't be Arkham Asylum it'd be DK "
    Donkey Kong? ;P 

@Roechi said:
    " Well guys, I agree. It would be fun for sure to play the RIP/BFTC storylines, but to be honest: The fact of Batman being killed during the Final Crisis would confuse most of the players, or even distract them, 'cause the average gamer ins't really up to the current happenings in the DC Universe. II don't think that Rock Steady would gamble like this on the strong name BATMAN:ARKHAM ASYLUM.  but at least there's Two-Face and the Penguin featuring this second part, and a very free to explore Gotham City, hopefully. "
    They don't have to include the fact that Batman died in Final Crisis (in fact it would be totally ridiculous to do so) and they don't have to stick rigidly to the comic book storylines. Perhaps a combination of several storylines? A bit of RIP to start, and then maybe, instead of the death of Bruce, he could be injured, much like when he had his back broken by Bane. With Batman out of action, the events of Battle for the Cowl take place. We play as Dick, who eventually takes on the mantle of the Dark Knight temporarily while Bruce recovers. 

It's a game. They can pick and choose pieces from whatever comics they want and create their own game. As I said above, Bruce doesn't even have to die for the basic idea of RIP/BFTC to work... 

Two-Face and Penguin FTW! lol, I also hope it's free-roam. They have a great way to introduce side-missions in the form of the Bat-signal. If you see the signal in the sky, either you go about with your business, beating on random thugs, or go help out the Commish... Or perhaps the signal should appear over your next objective/potential side mission. 

@Roechi said:
    " Yeah and you are in a comic forum. What I am trying to say is, that only a small percentage of the gamers world wide is quite into the dc universe. It would be just to much stuff going on in the game. It would be somehow difficult to explain the death of Bruce Wayne during the final crisis, since most of the gamers just know the ruff outlines of the Batman story. Additionally Dick Grayson would have to be introduced and this whole Nightwing stuff. You just can't put all this information into the game, uness it would have half-an-hour-length cutscenes.  The first game featured just the main idea of Morrisons Arkham Asylum, so how should the second title include RIP, Battle for the Cowl, Final Crisis and I don't know what?  I guess the frame of RIP would be enough for one game.   Greetings from Germany. "
    I don't think an introduction of Dick Grayson is necessary. For starters, I think a lot of the general public know who the original Robin was. Secondly, did you see an introduction for any of the characters in Arkham Asylum? A flashback cutscene for the origin of everyone in the game? Nope. They didn't even have a flashback to Batman's origin or who HE is. And when Killer Croc showed up, I'm sure a lot of non-comic readers were scratching their heads, wondering who on earth this big crocodile-man was. 

The information on the characters is provided in the profile for each character. It certainly wouldn't be at all difficult to create one of said profiles for Nightwing. Or Tim, for that matter. Any character from the whole Bat-verse could be included, they don't have to worry about whether or not the general public will know who they are or not. Zsaz and Croc are two Batman villains that I don't think are very well known, yet were included in the first game. And Barbara Gordon as Oracle? I doubt anyone without knowledge of the comic would know what that was all about. 

As I said above, I don't think it's necessary to replicate every aspect of the stories speculated to be a part of the game. They could include parts of RIP and BFTC in the game if they wanted to. However, I think it would be best if Battle for the Cowl was left for the third game. And while they're at it, why not let us choose which of the Robins we want to play as? I don't much point in including Tim as a playable story choice, but it would certainly be fun to be able to play the game from the perspective of both Dick and Jason, with both versions culminating in a battle between two Batmen...
    Roechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Roechi
    @-Eclipse-:  
    Yeah buddy, sounds like some quite good solutions you give there. And that stuff with the Bat-Signals, awesome idea. I am really looking forward to this. Since Rocksteady made the first game like flawless, I am sure they won't screw up the second one.  
    Whua! Can't wait for it-

Greetings and a fat grin^^
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16  Edited By jakob187
    @-Eclipse-: Did you ever play Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow?  You can absolutely do unique multiplayer modes without restraining it the way you want. 

There's also the possibility of doing some type of competitive setup with the challenge rooms.  Having two players in there, trying to duke it out for the highest possible score. 

An option for co-op would be interesting, but in all honesty, let's leave that to MUA and keep Robin out of this game franchise, amirite? 

When it comes down to it, there are a ton of options available to Batman Arkham Asylum, and even though Rocksteady's first game didn't take off very much (Urban Chaos: Riot Response), the multiplayer had some interesting stuff going on. 

In the end, I'm just hoping that the excellence of Arkham Asylum wasn't a one-time thing.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Roechi said:
    " @-Eclipse-:  Yeah buddy, sounds like some quite good solutions you give there. And that stuff with the Bat-Signals, awesome idea. I am really looking forward to this. Since Rocksteady made the first game like flawless, I am sure they won't screw up the second one.  Whua! Can't wait for it- Greetings and a fat grin^^ "

I also think it would be pretty cool to be able to visit the batcave, in order to plan for the mission ahead. Choose the costume and weapons that are best suited for the task ahead, or perhaps those that are least suited, in order to give yourself more of a challenge. Choose specific gadgets that will assist you during the mission, which vehicle you're going to use, what weapons to upgrade the Batmobile with. I think that more of a planning element would be very appropriate for a Batman game. 

@jakob187 said:
    " @-Eclipse-: Did you ever play Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow?  You can absolutely do unique multiplayer modes without restraining it the way you want.  There's also the possibility of doing some type of competitive setup with the challenge rooms.  Having two players in there, trying to duke it out for the highest possible score.  An option for co-op would be interesting, but in all honesty, let's leave that to MUA and keep Robin out of this game franchise, amirite?  When it comes down to it, there are a ton of options available to Batman Arkham Asylum, and even though Rocksteady's first game didn't take off very much (Urban Chaos: Riot Response), the multiplayer had some interesting stuff going on.  In the end, I'm just hoping that the excellence of Arkham Asylum wasn't a one-time thing. "
    I did not, but doesn't that involve guns? 

My main problems are: Freeflow combat would not work on other players and if it did, that would be pretty unfair; Two people could not occupy the same gargoyle; It would be Batman against Batman unless they introduce other characters. 

MUA has no Batman, though. It also has superpowered characters, while a co-op Batman game would not. I think Batman, Nightwing and Robin all kicking butt together would make a very awesome game. Although I'm not sure whether co-op would work in the story mode or not. Still, for the second one, I would like another solitary Batman experience. I don't think I'd be very happy with Tim following me around all the time. The only characters I DO want to see are... 

Batman (duh) 
    Jim Gordon 
    Alfred 
    Nightwing 
    Oracle
    Two-Face 
    Penguin 
    Clayface 
    And perhaps Jason, too...
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @Roechi:
    I'm American. and it's MR. DEAD POOL to you
    Roechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Roechi
    @Mr. Dead Pool said:
    " @Roechi: I'm American. and it's MR. DEAD POOL to you "
    aha.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Caligula
    @-Eclipse-:
    as for characters to see I agree, but you left out 

-Black Mask 
    -Riddler 
    -Fire Fly
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Caligula said:
    " @-Eclipse-: as for characters to see I agree, but you left out  -Black Mask -Riddler -Fire Fly "
    I agree on Riddler. 

Black Mask, however... I dunno, I preferred the original Black Mask to the one we have now. And I prefer my Bat-villains to be more colourful than the Dark Knight himself, like the Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, Penguin... It contrasts with the dark costumes usually worn by Batman and his supporting characters. 

Fire Fly... I've only read about him during his short appearance in Battle for the Cowl, so... Meh.
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Being able to be Bruce Wayne in wayne enterprises so that I can make new equipment  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.