Batman Arkham 3 Title Teaser?

#1 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Warners Bros have registered several domain names here is the full list.

arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)

batmanarkhamuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)

batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)

batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)

batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)

batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)

batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)

batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)

batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)

batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)

batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)

darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)

dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)

dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)

thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)

Sound at all Batman Arkhamish to anyone.

#2 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting....

What do you think is the real title? Arkham knight sounds cool to me (even if it doesnt make much sense)

#3 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Knight I like that one too, if it is to be a prequel (which I am hoping against) Arkham Origins sounds right

#4 Posted by comicace3 (1859 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's a prequel I'm gonna be pissed. How do you make a vid game with a bunch of easter eggs hinting the next game/ future. Then you do a prequel. Tell me if that makes any sense. Anyways I would like the title to have something with Gotham in it.

#5 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whodid said:

Arkham Knight I like that one too, if it is to be a prequel (which I am hoping against) Arkham Origins sounds right

You know, an option many havent considered is that maybe they're making both the prequel and the sequel, but the prequel may be a spin-off for PSVita and Nintendo 3DS

I wonder what's the deal with the "Arkham universe" thing, though...

#6 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom: I really hadn't of considered that, and if that's the case that is cool but I would think its the Nintendo WiiU rather than the 3DS, but still that's not a bad thought. They released Arkham City on the WiiU that could of been a test of the system to decide whether its viable for a spin off game, well not just a test but still. But as long as I get a sequel on the major platforms I will be happy.

@comicace3: And no that doesn't make sense which is why I have always believed those rumours to be false.

#7 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whodid: at least it would be better than Arkham City Lockdown...

But yeah after all the stuff with Scarecrow, Azrael and Hush, I think 99% people out there want a sequel

#8 Posted by PurpleCandy (768 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it remains a good video game series and dosen't appeal to teenagers who eat pizza and drink mountain dew (i.e. Call of duty)

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27285 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy: I love pizza and Mountain Dew and I hate CoD

#10 Posted by War Killer (19475 posts) - - Show Bio

These titles suck...

#11 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom: Although Arkham City Lockdown was not as good a game as either Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, it is not in the same genre, and was made by different developers, as a fighting game, and as far as fighting games go on mobiles Lockdown wasn't half bad. But yes whatever Rocksteady does I think it will be of high quality. And I think that the reason its been so long without any announcements is that they are changing a lot for the next game, because they have previously said each game they make they want a lot of changes from their previous games, so I think they are evolving their next Batman game to another level entirely.

#12 Posted by The_jackolantern (438 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be happy with a prequel or a sequel as long as its builds on what has happened has improved the graphic engine and fighting like they did from 1 to 2 then I'm gonna love it.

#13 Posted by PurpleCandy (768 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous:

But I meant most of the people who like Call of Duty also like Pizza and mountain dew

#14 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O_O

#15 Posted by TheCannon (16060 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorites:

• Batman: Arkham Arises
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Batman: Arkham Legend(s)
  • Btman: Arkham Night

While I have nothing against the names for Arkham Origins and Arkham Begins, I HATE the idea of a Prequel and think the people at DC are complete retards if they're considering a prequel.

#16 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Take my money already!!!

#17 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

3rd game: Arkham World

4th game: Arkham Solar system

5th game: Arkham Galaxy

6th game: Arkham in a galaxy far far away

7th game: Arkham universe

8th game: Arkham fuck this I'm not doing this shit anymore

#18 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

While I have nothing against the names for Arkham Origins and Arkham Begins, I HATE the idea of a Prequel and think the people at DC are complete retards if they're considering a prequel.

I dont know why people always give dc flack for any stuff related to movies or video games

They have practically zero creative control over this stuff, its wb (and wb games) the ones that control this

The only time most people got it right was with the whole dc nation fiasco (where they blamed cartoon network)

#19 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whodid: Sorry, but I thought Lockdown was terrible. Crappy controls, forgettable story and just a bland and boring Infinity Blade knock-off. The guys from Netherrealm were clearly more focused on Mortal Kombat's PSVita port than that lame Arkham City spin-off

If Arkham Origins/Begins/Etc. is a spin-off, I sure hope its way better than what we got with Lockdown

#20 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom: For the most part I agree with you, but I do still enjoy the game occasionally, but that's just opinions and all that, but more to the point if there is a spin off batman prequel it will be better because it will probably not be done by netherealm (nothing against netherealm by the way) as it will most likely be more like the arkham games in terms of game play if it exists.

#21 Posted by SmashBrawler (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Legend is a horrible title. Sounds more like a famous inmate than, well, something cool, like "Arkham Knight" or "Arkham Dark Knight".

Legends kinda sounds more like a fighting game.

#22 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Kind of like what they did with X-men Legends.

#23 Posted by SupBatz (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

Take my money already!!!

This without a doubt.

#24 Posted by SmashBrawler (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whodid: I never liked that title either. Cool games, though.

#25 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemax_7: after in a galaxy far far away, arkham star wars! YAY

#26 Posted by batshrine (962 posts) - - Show Bio

I am placing my bets that its going to be Arkham Universe. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both places and thats the only one on the list that is a place.

#27 Posted by SmashBrawler (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine said:

I am placing my bets that its going to be Arkham Universe. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both places and thats the only one on the list that is a place.

Forgot to comment on Arkham Universe.

Most retarded title ever, and I rarely use that kind of insult.

#28 Posted by spetsnaz_gru (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemax_7 said:

Someone forgot Arkham State, Arkham Timezone, Arkham Country, Arkham Continent....

....Then before Arkham Universe there should have been Arkham Cluster, Then after Universe we have Arkham Stage 1 Multiverse all the way to Arkham Stage 4 Multiverse.... Then of course the epic conclusion Batman Omniverse starring Wolverine (cause Wolverine has to be in everything).

#29 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@spetsnaz_gru: Okay, thank you

#30 Posted by PunyParker (7021 posts) - - Show Bio

Best known for his work as Batman in most of DC's animated work as well as the Arkham game series, Kevin Conroy was at SacAnime to talk about his long career voicing The Dark Knight. Joining Conroy was voice actress Grey Delisle, who voiced Catwoman in Arkham City. During the panel they were asked if there was any plans to do another Arkham game. "If we talked about it, we would have to kill you," Conroy joked. He went on to say he, "is not aware of anything." A fan pushed him further and asked about the possibility of a Justice League game, where he once again shrugged it off and said he didn't know.

DeLisle on the other hand was a little more forthcoming. "We can't say," she said. "Because if I wasn't involved in a Justice League thing I would just say I wasn't involved." This in now way shape or form confirms that the next Arkham game will be based around the Justice League, it could be a different game based of the League. Also, it could be DeLisle toying with the audience to get a reaction.

With Warner Brother registering some new domain names that are heavy with the word Arkham, it would seem that it they might be possibly planning another game. Some of the domain names feature the word Universe as well, so it could mean it might contain some of DC's other heroes if the project is indeed moving forward.

#31 Edited by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe theyre annoucing a new Arkham game at E3...

#32 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: One can only hope.

#33 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

One can only hope.... Indeed mein freund.

#34 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman: Arkham Arises

#35 Posted by Nightwing4 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at the people who complained about lockdown and hoped the next arkham game isn't the same. It's obviously a MOBILE GAME PEOPLE! It's like saying: "I hope the next elder scrolls game isn't like infinity blade becuz they are similar sounding" You're all stupid. If that's what you think.

#36 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing4 said:

Lol at the people who complained about lockdown and hoped the next arkham game isn't the same. It's obviously a MOBILE GAME PEOPLE! It's like saying: "I hope the next elder scrolls game isn't like infinity blade becuz they are similar sounding" You're all stupid. If that's what you think.

I never said I wouldn't like the next Arkham game to be like Lockdown, I just said I dont like Lockdown

No need to be so aggressive

#37 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16855 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a little tired of the Arkham title.I mean if it involves Arkham in some way fair enough but if it doesn't then I dont see why it needs to be in the title

#38 Posted by consolemaster001 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

If it's a prequel I'm gonna be pissed. How do you make a vid game with a bunch of easter eggs hinting the next game/ future. Then you do a prequel. Tell me if that makes any sense. Anyways I would like the title to have something with Gotham in it.

There's a rumor where it's going to be a silver age prequel based on batman and jokers first encounter.

#39 Posted by gettogaara (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

I am a little tired of the Arkham title.I mean if it involves Arkham in some way fair enough but if it doesn't then I dont see why it needs to be in the title

This. I mean if it actually does turn out being a prequel with the Justice League and Batman's first confrontation with the Joker then how is Arkham going to be incorporated? They should just switch the title to Gotham for the next one.

#40 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Really hating how the next game is gonna be a prequel.

#41 Posted by consolemaster001 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemax_7 said:

9th game: Arkham in a pinapple under the sea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.