Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and Wonder woman- Romance New 52

• 107 results
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@mitran said:

@wolverine08 said:

@mitran said:

@wolverine08 said:

I don't know what problems y'all have with this.

Batman gets b%tches.

Deal with it.

Wonder Woman's not a b%tch. Therefore he can't get her. Fanboys just can't realize that SMH -_-

Any women in the vicinity of Batman becomes one of his b%tches!

One can only resist his brooding charm for so long before he gets them.

Batman's got this eyes set on Wonder Woman!

No Caption Provided

-________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

What's funny is I actually hate this emoticon.

No Caption Provided

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

WW shouldn't be with anyone.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
    XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the Superman/ Wonder Woman relationship. It's so cool, I like seeing them kick ass together. The new Superman/Wonder woman comic is a good of example of why it "can" work. It's so freaking awesome, I've always wanted superman and Wonder Woman to be a couple.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanisMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BatmanisMortal

@deaditegonzo said:

@johnni_kun: Wonder Woman has saved Superman's a** twice against HIS OWN villains. If I was as insecure as some of the others on here, I could even make the argument that Superman has been portrayed as the submissive partner in the relationship. Which honestly, even if he is, I DONT CARE. The problem for you and people like you is that youre looking at each showing of Supes and Wondy as a competition, instead of how it all comes together in the narrative. their relationship feels really forced so it does not come off very well, narrative wise

Whereas with Batman, she would have to be gimped just to make him relevant. Imagine Wondy having a scuffle with the Olympians in a Batman/Wonder Woman comic. Anything Batman contributed would be PIS.yea it would, but this is a hypothetical, the authors have not done this.

I dont even particularly like Cyborg, but when Batman does something with gadgets that Cyborg couldnt figure out: IT PISSES ME OFF. Its insulting to weaken another character, just to make the "normal human" (who everyone likes because he's "just a man") look useful. i completely agree, while i love batman's character it also pisses me off when authors make him bat god, like when he shot darkseid with a gun *facepalm.

And maybe you should just accept this is how Superman is now, and that the pre52 is never coming back. Either get with the program or move on. well i guess I'm moving on

For my last statement, I would say you should look at any team up book that Batman has been in since the New52 started, from the less popular characters perspectives. I will give you an example from the first six issues of Justice League to consider: Batman STEALS Hal Jordans ring. Regardless of concentration, the ring has an auto shield. WTF? haha lol, sometimes it makes sh!t sense.

A better fighter than Wonder Woman. Has a stronger will than Hal Jordan. Better reflexes than the Flash. Knows more science than Firestorm. Maybe the writers should just make him a reality warper. you do realise that wonder woman has asked batman on tips mostly because he spent 9 years? training around the world, while the amazons only know the martial arts in the amazon. 9 years training, parents died vs a pilot, yea batman has more will. when said he had better reflexes then the flash? and more science then firestorm, where do you get your info?

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam said:

WW shouldn't be with anyone.

This or Superman.

BatmanisMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BatmanisMortal
    No Caption Provided

@hyperbertha: Is it just me or do I smell a dupes fanboy not open to anything other than superman "winning".

---> Deal with it ;)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanisMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I'm going to give you answer before the modern day Superman fanboys come to spam SM/WW in this thread.

Are they even exist?.....

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
    XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanisMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: sadly, yes, they are a special type of fan boys that want superman to "win" in life, it funny as hell when its a troll, when you want opinions, good luck, ALL HAIL SUPERGOD (sarcastically)

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@deaditegonzo: Wonder Woman has saved Superman's a** twice against HIS OWN villains. If I was as insecure as some of the others on here, I could even make the argument that Superman has been portrayed as the submissive partner in the relationship. Which honestly, even if he is, I DONT CARE. The problem for you and people like you is that youre looking at each showing of Supes and Wondy as a competition, instead of how it all comes together in the narrative.

It's perfectly fair to bring up competitive points when the narrative is one sided in most of its execution. Everything revolves around Clark. The story, concepts and even the characters. Diana's whole world is Clark in that book. Which I find funny that you don't have a problem with, considering that you said that it was a fault in how she is portrayed in DCAU regarding Batman. But I digress......

Whereas with Batman, she would have to be gimped just to make him relevant. Imagine Wondy having a scuffle with the Olympians in a Batman/Wonder Woman comic. Anything Batman contributed would be PIS.

Again, you don't know that. Batman could very much be forced in a different situation. He could face weaker enemies. Or could be forced with other objectives not relating in what WW is physically doing. This happens most of the in his team ups with heroes, anyways. All you have is assumption with this Batman/WW. That because this is no Batman/WW.

Everyone is gimped when they are with other Superheroes. That doesn't mean it would weight on to the story and characters to an unpleasant degree. Take Batman/Superman as an example. Obvious Superman doesn't need help, but that is the concept of the book. The Story is still good, and characterization of the character remain intact that are still enjoyably. B/S Stories usual main problem is, characters needing to be there. And the minor instances with Superman, rarely(if that) affect him as a character. They are practically semi canon in their relevance.

We just disagree. Its a severe difference in perception, with your batfandom and my preference for literally any other character. Just as an example, I dont even particularly like Cyborg, but when Batman does something with gadgets that Cyborg couldnt figure out: IT PISSES ME OFF. Its insulting to weaken another character, just to make the "normal human" (who everyone likes because he's "just a man") look useful.

Again, it seems like all you can do is throw insults. How do you expect to be taken seriously, when all you do is form your opinion in such a childish matter. I however, do care about these characters; the only difference is I understand the natures of fictional concepts. Something you apparently don't. Every character has a part to play. And if you really cared about the characters being limited then why don't you have a problem with the ones that are not related to Batman? When characters that were not intended in their creation interact with each other, they overlaps in powers and abilities. Superman has to be the strongest, even though Flash has shown being able to handle just as strong as enemies. And yet he's stuck being the "fast guy." Same goes with Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and most of all Captain Marvel.(Shazam) Who was actually shown to be Superman's equal (and possibly superior), yet he was held back (or depowered) to make Superman more relevant in most of their interactions. However, you only see the problem with Batman. That because you don't realize that he's already gimped. He is gimped because he has no Super powers. They are vastly superior to him and this is what you do not understand. There is nothing that writers can do to change that at the end of the day. So, actually they are all limited in some way or another. You just don't want to see it that way. I think before you complain maybe you should try understanding the concepts of these books.

And maybe you should just accept this is how Superman is now, and that the pre52 is never coming back. Either get with the program or move on.

The dictator mentally is not a good one to live your life by. I'm sure if it was something negative to you, wouldn't be so willing to just "get with the program." This is also very funny considering that you choose not to “get with the program”, of Batman’s relevance with other heroes. Of course I'm sure that's different........

For my last statement, I would say you should look at any team up book that Batman has been in since the New52 started, from the less popular characters perspectives. I will give you an example from the first six issues of Justice League to consider: Batman STEALS Hal Jordans ring. Regardless of concentration, the ring has an auto shield. WTF?

Yeah, it's stupid. But, apparently Johns changed the rules. He also made Superman punked Flash. Flash would be able to dodge Superman’s finger flick before Supes even had a chance to hit him.

Or how about this: As I posted above, the only time K-nite instantly turns Superman into jelly is when Batman is involved. K-Nite Man < Batman. Metallo < Batman. Knite In Superman's Brain < Batman. Kryptonite Men + Superdoom + 5D Imp + Occasional Red Sun < Batman. Be objective here, actually think about it. Superman is made to look like a b****, only when Batman is around.

I don't know what you are trying accomplish here. I never said the Superman wasn’t portrayed poorly at times. I said that is wasn't severe as you like to make it seem. Kryptonite is a weakness to Superman. And it always has varied in terms of degree from writer to writer. Do I agree with it? No. Do I understand it? Yes. However, I am impressed with your tactics. When you can't debate the topic, you verge the conversion into a new one. It's a good one and you actually had me here for a second. This argument is on BM/WW, not SM/BM. Other heroes’s interactions matter not in relation to the topic of BM/WW. What matter is how their interactions are portrayed. Actually if we go by their last story of them together, I sure there would be nothing to worry about.

DC is not as stupid as you like to make it seem.
    DC is not as stupid as you like to make it seem.

The some others accounts.

Batman is going to show WW whats up, huh?
    Batman is going to show WW whats up, huh?

Batman mentions the nanites on Amazo even though Cyborg is right there scanning Amazo. Oh well, Cyborgs useless.

Wrong!
    Wrong!

Batman is also usually unless in the final confrontation. Look at that arc you were just talking about. What did Batman do? He didn’t fight Darkseid. (Because that would be hilarious.) All he did was sneak in and saved Superman after he was hit by Omega beams and carried off. He usually just stands there and maybe says some bs. Everyone has a part to play.

Batman is more powerful than Superman. A better fighter than Wonder Woman. Has a stronger will than Hal Jordan. Better reflexes than the Flash. Knows more science than Firestorm. Maybe the writers should just make him a reality warper.

No, he is not. No one after reading anything those moments thinks that Batman is any of those things. And neither do you. So stop acting like this how people perceive these characters. Your “I'm Batman” meme logic is bs and you know. Even, Batman fanboys deep down inside know that Batman isn't the greatest hero. They will never admit it, but it's true. All you are doing is basing your anti-BM/WW argument on the idiotic banters of fools. You even make out like it’s a human fault to like Batman. You look down on fans of his with you superiority views, like they are lesser people. And all it does is make you look like the bias one. The ignorant one. The wrong one. So maybe you’re not fit to give opinion on this subject. Or at least maybe you should reevaluate how to handle your opinion in more dignified matter.

This is so great.
    This is so great.

@punyparker More than you think there are.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By Superguy1591

Diana with anyone on the JL has always bothered me, seeing as how she is the only dame most times, it's kind of insulting to make her the group pass around.

Even in SM/WW, even though I'm enjoying the read, I don't expect them to stay together forever and I'm expecting DIANA to dump him since DIANA has been shown to be the stronger of the two emotionally. Clark's always worrying about protecting her, always worried about what the world would think, always worried about life while Diana has taken on the masculine indifference "let's just chill, brah".

As far as Batman/Wonder Woman, that is something I will hate to the pit of my stomach. As a fan of Wonder Woman, the idea that they turn Wonder Woman into one of Batman's groupies is something that just rubs me off the wrong way. As a fan of the character, I'll always prefer her with Supes because Clark Kent isn't known as the ladies man in comics or in our conceptualize version of him. Superman has been with one girl his whole career, they rarely ever show women pinning over him and he's not the guy people would pick if they were asked who the coolest character in comics was. In that sense, Wonder Woman will never be considered Superman's "b*tch" because Superman's not that guy. Compared to Batman with Zatana, Vicki Vale, All his female rouges... list goes on.

Also, you can hint at the people who say Wonder Woman's super-vag is made for Supes, but that's because Supes is mere popular so the limelight is going to go to him. But how's about I give you reasons why this pairing is beneficial for both.

Anyway, Superman's better off with anyone other than Lane. Di is better off by herself or with Heracles.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun It's perfectly fair to bring up competitive points when the narrative is one sided in most of its execution. Everything revolves around Clark. The story, concepts and even the characters. Diana's whole world is Clark in that book. Which I find funny that you don't have a problem with, considering that you said that it was a fault in how she is portrayed in DCAU regarding Batman. But I digress......

Your biggest issue is clearly that you dont know what subjectivity is. Because you dont think Wonder Woman is portrayed equally doesnt mean she isn't. The fact you dont have a problem with how ANY other character is written in Batman's presence shows your bias. I know I have a bias, I admitted my opinion is based on perception, you still hold the delusion that your biased opinion is somehow fact. Theres a big difference in what we are debating, because you still figured havent figured out that your opinion is just that. Just as an example, are you denying that she had better combat feats in the last two books than Superman? Are you denying that Superman was the one fawning over Wondy, and not the other way around? Or are you just trying to continue creating strawman version of my argument?

Again, you don't know that. Batman could very much be forced in a different situation. He could face weaker enemies. Or could be forced with other objectives not relating in what WW is physically doing. This happens most of the in his team ups with heroes, anyways. All you have is assumption with this Batman/WW. That because this is no Batman/WW.

We dont have one, so it is based on assumption, which is based on the historical evidence we do have. Supes has looked like a punk in all the team up books he's had with Batman. So did Green Lantern. So has Lex Luthor and Bizarro. Want me to keep going? My opinion is, if every other character has suffered with Batman, why would I want any more of my favorite characters put on the line by being paired with Batman? And dont argue something I didnt even say, respond to exactly what I am saying.

Everyone is gimped when they are with other Superheroes. That doesn't mean it would weight on to the story and characters to an unpleasant degree. Take Batman/Superman as an example. Obvious Superman doesn't need help, but that is the concept of the book. The Story is still good, and characterization of the character remain intact that are still enjoyably. B/S Stories usual main problem is, characters needing to be there. And the minor instances with Superman, rarely(if that) affect him as a character. They are practically semi canon in their relevance.

This is all subjective as well. How can you expect anyone to debate what basically amounts to you saying "I am enjoying Batman Superman". Uh, ok, have fun reading it, I guess? for what its worth, I loved the first arc, the second arc with Mongul was just ok (it was sort of campy for my taste), and the last one was pretty good, except the Batforce was in full effect. So, cool we compared our notes on how good Superman/Batman is. Back on topic, out of three arcs, Superman has already been made a fool of once. Supes is one of my favorite characters, Wondy is another personal favorite, I dont like seeing Supes get jobbed, but I definitely dont want it to happen to Wonder Woman as well.

Again, it seems like all you can do is throw insults. How do you expect to be taken seriously, when all you do is form your opinion in such a childish matter. I however, do care about these characters; the only difference is I understand the natures of fictional concepts. Something you apparently don't. Every character has a part to play. And if you really cared about the characters being limited then why don't you have a problem with the ones that are not related to Batman? When characters that were not intended in their creation interact with each other, they overlaps in powers and abilities. Superman has to be the strongest, even though Flash has shown being able to handle just as strong as enemies. And yet he's stuck being the "fast guy." Same goes with Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and most of all Captain Marvel.(Shazam) Who was actually shown to be Superman's equal (and possibly superior), yet he was held back (or depowered) to make Superman more relevant in most of their interactions. However, you only see the problem with Batman. That because you don't realize that he's already gimped. He is gimped because he has no Super powers. They are vastly superior to him and this is what you do not understand. There is nothing that writers can do to change that at the end of the day. So, actually they are all limited in some way or another. You just don't want to see it that way. I think before you complain maybe you should try understanding the concepts of these books.

I actually dont think you do understand fictional concepts, as youre confusing fanservice for the sake of a cash grab with the necessities of plot. Id suggest considering the actual "whys" involved, and stop thinking purely from what you like and dislike. You pretend to know a lot about me, but either you havent seen many of my posts or you havent actually read them. For what its worth, ive always said both Superman and Batman should leave the Justice League, and both should be less involved in team-ups. Of course Batman team-ups with Green Arrow, Deathstroke and the like could still happen all the time, and Superman team ups with Wonder Woman, Shazam, MMH, and whoever could still happen frequently, but putting characters who are all so distinct from a power level standpoint together on a regular basis is bad for whichever character is chosen to be sacrificed for the "other" (usually, all characters are free to be sacrificed to Batman). I also think you've built up your own vision of what the DC universe is, and you dont realize that your version of DC isnt the canon one (case in point, you dont like the current Superman, and yet he is the version the actual world builders are using). In a debate with another human being, may I suggest mentally compartmentalizing your preferences from actual facts? Because in every statement, it seems that you have the idea that your version of the universe should be/ is the factual one, when in fact it is not. Arguing what you believe "SHOULD BE" is absolutely fine in my book, but make sure you present it as such, presenting it from an objective standpoint is intellectually dishonest.

The dictator mentally is not a good one to live your life by. I'm sure if it was something negative to you, wouldn't be so willing to just "get with the program." This is also very funny considering that you choose not to “get with the program”, of Batman’s relevance with other heroes. Of course I'm sure that's different........

Um, are you giving me ethical advice? Perhaps keep that to yourself, ok? But anyway, when it comes to a commercial product that is made purely for financial gain, you are subject to the tyranny of the majority, and it is simply a fact of life. When something makes money, the producer will run with it, when something losses money, it is scrapped. Once again, you have a version of the universe you believe wholeheartedly should be the canon version, but nobody else, especially DC, cares. So, if you want to debate what you would prefer, more power to you, but dont be surprised when nothing changes, or when somebody disagrees as they have a different vision of what changes should be made. I would definitely prefer a universe where Batman's involvement is reduced, I will support such a universe as long as I am a comic book fan, but I dont necessarily expect any changes. But of course, when something that to me is the worst imaginable idea (a Batman + Wondy book/relationship), dont be surprised when I express how opposed to such I concept id be. If it offends you, I suggest you dont read my posts, as my opinions havent changed for years, so i doubt they every will. I have hated B/W since the Justice League.

Yeah, it's stupid. But, apparently Johns changed the rules. He also made Superman punked Flash. Flash would be able to dodge Superman’s finger flick before Supes even had a chance to hit him.

Im glad we agree on this at least.

I don't know what you are trying accomplish here. I never said the Superman wasn’t portrayed poorly at times. I said that is wasn't severe as you like to make it seem. Kryptonite is a weakness to Superman. And it always has varied in terms of degree from writer to writer. Do I agree with it? No. Do I understand it? Yes. However, I am impressed with your tactics. When you can't debate the topic, you verge the conversion into a new one. It's a good one and you actually had me here for a second. This argument is on BM/WW, not SM/BM. Other heroes’s interactions matter not in relation to the topic of BM/WW. What matter is how their interactions are portrayed. Actually if we go by their last story of them together, I sure there would be nothing to worry about.

My whole point has been the negative impact Batman has on other characters. I dont know what you think you're debating. I believe Wondy will be horribly treated because every other character is. And I do think it is severe. Which is why ive said it before and i'll say it again: its perception. What in your mind is totally acceptable may not be to anyone else. You might think it was ok for Batman to for example, pull an armbar on Wonder Woman like BP did to Silver Surfer, but I wouldnt (its just an example).

Batman is also usually unless in the final confrontation. Look at that arc you were just talking about. What did Batman do? He didn’t fight Darkseid. (Because that would be hilarious.) All he did was sneak in and saved Superman after he was hit by Omega beams and carried off. He usually just stands there and maybe says some bs. Everyone has a part to play.

Superman was out the entire arc, and Batman saved him. Thats pretty rough, but I rolled with it. That, unlike some other things, seemed like a concession of plot.

No, he is not. No one after reading anything those moments thinks that Batman is any of those things. And neither do you. So stop acting like this how people perceive these characters. Your “I'm Batman” meme logic is bs and you know. Even, Batman fanboys deep down inside know that Batman isn't the greatest hero. They will never admit it, but it's true. All you are doing is basing your anti-BM/WW argument on the idiotic banters of fools. You even make out like it’s a human fault to like Batman. You look down on fans of his with you superiority views, like they are lesser people. And all it does is make you look like the bias one. The ignorant one. The wrong one. So maybe you’re not fit to give opinion on this subject. Or at least maybe you should reevaluate how to handle your opinion in more dignified matter.

EVERYONE IS BIASED! Everyone wants their favorite heroes to look cool. I dont look down on people who are Batman fans, even when they are fans of the honest to goodness BatGod. I do however look down on people with a false sense of enlightenment. The most enlightened thing a person can say they are just human, with human thoughts and opinions. If you dont think im fit to have an opinion, then it's easy, dont reply. You sure seem concerned with everything I have to say for thinking im not fit to have an opinion. A big problem with Batman is one that Neil Gaiman pointed out before me, I will let you do some research, its called: running the asylum. Have fun expanding your opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Batman and Catwoman...

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@deaditegonzo: Your biggest issue is clearly that you dont know what subjectivity is. Because you dont think Wonder Woman is portrayed equally doesnt mean she isn't. The fact you dont have a problem with how ANY other character is written in Batman's presence shows your bias. I know I have a bias, I admitted my opinion is based on perception, you still hold the delusion that your biased opinion is somehow fact.

I need to ask you, when did I say that I didn’t have a problem with the portrayal Batman/WW relationship? Go back and look. I never said anything any such thing. I clearly stated that their relationship was the superior way of handle trinity pairing.

Theres a big difference in what we are debating, because you still figured havent figured out that your opinion is just that. Just as an example, are you denying that she had better combat feats in the last two books than Superman? Are you denying that Superman was the one fawning over Wondy, and not the other way around? Or are you just trying to continue creating strawman version of my argument?

I only have the first issue digitally. The rest are physical copies. I’m been planning on doing a complete analyst when the arc is finished. I'm going to make a blog post of all my probelms with it. As well as when I have the scans to back them up my claims. You can choose to continue this debate then. Until then I'm going to hold off this part and focus on the BM/WW. Which, seem like what OP originally wanted to know. If you really care you can go through my old posts in my profile to see some accounts on the inequality that you may had missed.

We dont have one, so it is based on assumption, which is based on the historical evidence we do have. Supes has looked like a punk in all the team up books he's had with Batman. So did Green Lantern. So has Lex Luthor and Bizarro. Want me to keep going? My opinion is, if every other character has suffered with Batman, why would I want any more of my favorite characters put on the line by being paired with Batman? And dont argue something I didnt even say, respond to exactly what I am saying.

They usually always humble Batman in their relationship.
    They usually always humble Batman in their relationship.

Or you can base an opinion on how there non-romantic relationship is shown. You based your argument using moments with every character that is not Wonder Woman. Correct? How can you possibly say that is a proper way of making a judgment call? Isn’t this point here in your argument based around ignorance? Their competitive feats are usually in her favor. (Like they should be.) I’ve posted earlier images showing how their interactions are shown. And how the differ from other characters involved with Batman. Actually, it’s harder to find moments of Batman having the upper hand, in both the confrontational and non confrontational moments.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is all subjective as well. How can you expect anyone to debate what basically amounts to you saying "I am enjoying Batman Superman". Uh, ok, have fun reading it, I guess? for what its worth, I loved the first arc, the second arc with Mongul was just ok (it was sort of campy for my taste), and the last one was pretty good, except the Batforce was in full effect. So, cool we compared our notes on how good Superman/Batman is. Back on topic, out of three arcs, Superman has already been made a fool of once. Supes is one of my favorite characters, Wondy is another personal favorite, I dont like seeing Supes get jobbed, but I definitely dont want it to happen to Wonder Woman as well.

I could argue that everything is subjective. So we just have to agree to disagree. I didn’t even want to debate their interactions anyway. If wasn’t related to the original topic at hand. Actually, I’m going to discredit anything from the future, just so the thread doesn’t get more derailed.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I also think you've built up your own vision of what the DC universe is, and you dont realize that your version of DC isnt the canon one (case in point, you dont like the current Superman, and yet he is the version the actual world builders are using). In a debate with another human being, may I suggest mentally compartmentalizing your preferences from actual facts? Because in every statement, it seems that you have the idea that your version of the universe should be/ is the factual one, when in fact it is not. Arguing what you believe "SHOULD BE" is absolutely fine in my book, but make sure you present it as such, presenting it from an objective standpoint is intellectually dishonest.

Thanks for the advice. However, didn't you say and I quote; "Batman is a plot black hole, anyone with him is immediately sucked in. They stop having any characterization and become plot devices for him", earlier in this thread? Is this objective? Certainly doesn't sound like it. But, maybe I am wrong.

My whole point has been the negative impact Batman has on other characters. I dont know what you think you're debating. I believe Wondy will be horribly treated because every other character is. And I do think it is severe. Which is why ive said it before and i'll say it again: its perception. What in your mind is totally acceptable may not be to anyone else. You might think it was ok for Batman to for example, pull an armbar on Wonder Woman like BP did to Silver Surfer, but I wouldnt (its just an example).

I understand that. However, I don’t see how it is relevant to the matter at hand. You basing an argument on how one character will be treated, from the interactions of a completely different character. That like saying Batman’s encounters with green arrow is good indicator of how his relationship would be written with Black Canary. Should I base an opinion on how Batman and Batgirl’s relationship will be from how he interacts with Nightwing? Or maybe instead of that, I should base an opinion on how they interact with their previous actual encounters together? What kind of logic is that? It doesn’t relate to their relationship in the slightest. Those are not even valued points. That is called stereotyping. This is argument drench ignorance. Other heroes might get the short end of the stick with Batman. But, Wonder Woman rarely ever does, at all. You have to base your opinion on how their actual relationship is portrayed in the comics. Regardless of what it is. And if you know anything with them that is in the comics, you would see that your assumption is wrong.

No Caption Provided

EVERYONE IS BIASED! Everyone wants their favorite heroes to look cool. I dont look down on people who are Batman fans, even when they are fans of the honest to goodness BatGod. I do however look down on people with a false sense of enlightenment. The most enlightened thing a person can say they are just human, with human thoughts and opinions.

However it does seem like there is a connection between the two. I defended Batman and you insinuate and insulted my intelligence, saying that I don’t know any better because of my “Batfadom.” That’s does sound like you are A.) Looking down on me. And B.) Because of involvement with Batman.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Perhaps if you don’t want the unnecessary attention you shouldn’t go around calling people that defend Batman, Batfanboys.

You said I shouldn’t present my opinions as facts. However, what is considered a “false sense of enlightenment?” It seems to me that could mean very different things. As well with very different outcomes of opinions. It seems that you think that there is only one true way of thinking. That doesn’t sound like you fallow your own advice.

If you dont think im fit to have an opinion, then it's easy, dont reply. You sure seem concerned with everything I have to say for thinking im not fit to have an opinion.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I feel just same as you do. You present your opinions as facts, so I responded. It that simple and I will continue if there’s something I don’t agree with. Just as I’m sure you will.

A big problem with Batman is one that Neil Gaiman pointed out before me, I will let you do some research, its called: running the asylum. Have fun expanding your opinions.

I can’t find it. If you could provide a link, or maybe summaries that would be nice. Having said that, one man’s opinion does not define a character. However, it is interesting to hear other people interpretations on these characters. Every character can easily have their flaws pinpointed. Just look at the opinions of Superman and Aquama.. Doesn’t make it true, it doesn’t make not true.

Perhaps your next post should focus on the actual portrayal of their friendship, partnership or Romantic relationship. Until then, I don't see how your agrument has any merit to it.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Bats/WW is a good idea for the same reason I don't approve of the current Supes/WW relationship. Dating between teammates isn't a good idea, especially when said teammates are core JL members.

BatmanisMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak: who do you think a pairing with wonder woman would be good with?

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanismortal: If she really has to be paired up with somebody, then I would prefer it to be a character originating from her book.

Avatar image for gotham_s_dark_knight
    Gotham's Dark Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Wonder Woman could be interesting. But, it also could be cancer like Superman x Wonder Woman. So I leaning more towards no.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It could look like this.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that Batman and Woder woman should have a serious relationship, I mean they could hint that they love each other but nothing away from that. Like it has been in comics before the New 52.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread s seriously lacking of the times batman beat Diana in sparring. Also, we have had his relationship twice in my memory. Once in DCAU and once in justice league comics with grant Morrison I think. Both times it was done well so I'm not seeing the problem

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatGod would reck her

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By primebonnick

No hell no bad enough he has zatanna ZATANNA to go along with talia, vicki and catwoman you want to add diana too hells no.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By primebonnick

@johnni_kun: Wonder Woman has saved Superman's a** twice against HIS OWN villains. If I was as insecure as some of the others on here, I could even make the argument that Superman has been portrayed as the submissive partner in the relationship. Which honestly, even if he is, I DONT CARE. The problem for you and people like you is that youre looking at each showing of Supes and Wondy as a competition, instead of how it all comes together in the narrative.

Whereas with Batman, she would have to be gimped just to make him relevant. Imagine Wondy having a scuffle with the Olympians in a Batman/Wonder Woman comic. Anything Batman contributed would be PIS.

We just disagree. Its a severe difference in perception, with your batfandom and my preference for literally any other character. Just as an example, I dont even particularly like Cyborg, but when Batman does something with gadgets that Cyborg couldnt figure out: IT PISSES ME OFF. Its insulting to weaken another character, just to make the "normal human" (who everyone likes because he's "just a man") look useful.

And maybe you should just accept this is how Superman is now, and that the pre52 is never coming back. Either get with the program or move on.

For my last statement, I would say you should look at any team up book that Batman has been in since the New52 started, from the less popular characters perspectives. I will give you an example from the first six issues of Justice League to consider: Batman STEALS Hal Jordans ring. Regardless of concentration, the ring has an auto shield. WTF?

Or how about this: As I posted above, the only time K-nite instantly turns Superman into jelly is when Batman is involved. K-Nite Man < Batman. Metallo < Batman. Knite In Superman's Brain < Batman. Kryptonite Men + Superdoom + 5D Imp + Occasional Red Sun < Batman. Be objective here, actually think about it. Superman is made to look like a b****, only when Batman is around.

Batman mentions the nanites on Amazo even though Cyborg is right there scanning Amazo. Oh well, Cyborgs useless.

Batman is more powerful than Superman. A better fighter than Wonder Woman. Has a stronger will than Hal Jordan. Better reflexes than the Flash. Knows more science than Firestorm. Maybe the writers should just make him a reality warper.

Cry this is beautiful i thought i was the only one that notices this. Does Bats have a special relationship with kryptonite that makes it work better with him or what. Preach my brother or sister

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@deaditegonzo said:

@johnni_kun: For my last statement, I would say you should look at any team up book that Batman has been in since the New52 started, from the less popular characters perspectives. I will give you an example from the first six issues of Justice League to consider: Batman STEALS Hal Jordans ring. Regardless of concentration, the ring has an auto shield. WTF?

Cry this is beautiful i thought i was the only one that notices this. Does Bats have a special relationship with kryptonite that makes it work better with him or what. Preach my brother or sister

Ok...let me look at the most recent, Forever Evil...Batman TOTALLYdidn't look like a whiny fool compared to Lex or Sinestro...

And I agree with @johnni_kun it is illogical to assume one characters treatment with another character is equivalent to that characters treatment with a different character. The way I treat my frat brothers is fairly consistent except for my lil brother who I am MUCH more protective about

batboy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By batboy1989

Hey guys and girls.
    Joined the side so that I could have some fun talks here. Love the discussions here.

And why not start with my fav Batman and the great Wonder Woman. I would love to see them together. Lets be honest. We watch a movie for the stars and we read the comics for our beloved heroes. And these 2 are up there for most people. And we never! got anything longer and in canon. Both are so similar and so different. Warriors but divided by her god heritage. He is just a man.

And everyone loves an underdog story. So why not a mortal, sometimes deeply broken man, who gets the most powerful female being, an actually goddess. I would read a Batman/Wonder Woman! ;D

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This reminds me of this Batman and Wonder Woman (Robin) #30 issue. They worked pretty well together there, and seeing them fight together was great.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO plz no. Bad enough it was hinted he has feelings for her in forever evil

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

batboy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller:

Thanks. And now get out here, you MARVEL FANBOY!

Just kidding. Love Cap. ;)

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

As most of you know the batman and wonder woman romance has been hinted at many points of comic book history(JLA series, blackest night, etc). In the New 52 the batman and wonder woman romance is not even hinted is the mildest. would you like to see a New 52 romance or are you happy with Superman and Wonder Woman. BTW what are your opinions of the new wonder woman, mine are not that pro

It was kind of hinted at last issue of Forever Evil when Batman was able to use Wonder Woman's lasso to bring back the heroes. Catwoman asked him about it seeming kind of jealous of their "friendship" so there's that.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope to see them together in the DCCU.

Rajput_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I HATE BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN AS A COUPLE! She is too good for him and out of his league! Batman is an overrated miserable asshole! Wonder Woman deserves better. She belongs to Superman. Batman should be with someone less important and who is just as shit as he is, Catwoman. They can be terrible characters together. Superman and Wonder Woman are perfect for each other.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ZariusII

@daviddv0601 said:

I HATE BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN AS A COUPLE! She is too good for him and out of his league! Batman is an overrated miserable asshole! Wonder Woman deserves better. She belongs to Superman. Batman should be with someone less important and who is just as shit as he is, Catwoman. They can be terrible characters together. Superman and Wonder Woman are perfect for each other.

Wrong. She already told Steve in 2016 that New 52 Superman was nothing but an "easy" distraction for her. She never really loved him. The REAL Clark is with Lois and they have a child, which means that Amazonian homewrecker will hopefully never be near him again in any capacity except as a friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
    deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope DC will not pair Bruce with Diana, that would definitely backfire one day. It's better to leave Diana with Steve and keep her far away from anything remotely close to a romantic relationship with Batman(Superman too, thankfully he is married to Lois now).

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @daviddv0601 said:

Wrong. She already told Steve in 2016 that New 52 Superman was nothing but an "easy" distraction for her. She never really loved him. The REAL Clark is with Lois and they have a child, which means that Amazonian homewrecker will hopefully never be near him again in any capacity except as a friend.

What she had with Superman in the New 52 was real.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daviddv0601: Yes, you showed us why Lois will always be with Clark, no matter what. Thanks ;P

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assassinb said:

@daviddv0601: Yes, you showed us why Lois will always be with Clark, no matter what. Thanks ;P

No, I proved that Wonder Woman DID have serious feelings for Superman. He wasn't a distraction. What they had together was real. Even the classic Lois Lane feared Wonder Woman was going to try and steal classic Superman away from her.

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daviddv0601: But is over. Lets move on with Wonder Woman together. ;P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.