Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and superman ( Friends)

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well we have Clark and Bruce as friends and it stands to reason if they are truly friends.

Why does Clark not give Bruce better armor and gear.

I mean they always show Clark as needing money but truth be he would never need money. He can find gold anyplace , salvage anything from any place and get money. Need that satellite in orbit got you covered. So its not like he needs money and he could always make a few diamonds anytime he chose to.

When it comes to tech he has Bruce beat hands down his fortress has tech from the most advanced race bar none. So why not hook Bruce up with a better suit?

What would it look like if he did?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe because Clark knows what Bruce would do with the suit

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think because Clark understands that Batman doesn't like anyone telling him how to do his job and he doesn't want Bruce to think he's looking down on him.

If Batman asks, Clark would be more than willing to share his alien tech.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

I think because Clark understands that Batman doesn't like anyone telling him how to do his job and he doesn't want Bruce to think he's looking down on him.

Pretty much this.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@scouterv said:

@rdclip said:

Pretty much this.

Yep

minutemen_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman got all his technology from his dady he can't build it his self, he only has a limited supply of technology , batman on the other hand actually builds his own stuff and doesn't need to wear power armor allthough he has in the past used it , l remember an lssue of batman & robin were batman has a lron man like suit built into his batmobile , lf he used advanced armor he could kill someone by mistake

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rdclip said:

Exactly this, I vaguely recall an issue of Supermnan/Batman where Clark's inner monologue says something to this effect.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't need it.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arthurkerr

Superman got all his technology from his dady he can't build it his self, he only has a limited supply of technology , batman on the other hand actually builds his own stuff and doesn't need to wear power armor allthough he has in the past used it , l remember an lssue of batman & robin were batman has a lron man like suit built into his batmobile , lf he used advanced armor he could kill someone by mistake

he used to build all sorts of things he has the mind to do it. Super memory and all the other things that goes along with it. I am pretty sure he could build anything he wanted to and learn anything he wanted.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean like the Hellbat? TBH, post-crisis, when he didn't use all the fancy suits he uses now. He could have easily acquired tech from Steel, Booster Gold, reverse engineered one of Luthor's Warsuits, etc. He never did because that's not his style simple as that. Batman has worked with Kryptonian and Apoktolyptian tech in the past, but given his goals and his role in the Justice League, I never saw a need for him to have a suit that makes him into a power house, IMHO.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's also because Batman's greatest weapons are his mind and his body. I don't think he would depend on suits to do everything for him. Seems to me that he wouldn't because, in his eyes, if he uses technology for everything, it would make him weak and unable to handle himself if it failed.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@minutemen_64:  "batman on the other hand actually builds his own stuff" aww, you made Lucius Fox feel unappreciated :(

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

I think it's also because Batman's greatest weapons are his mind and his body. I don't think he would depend on suits to do everything for him. Seems to me that he wouldn't because, in his eyes, if he uses technology for everything, it would make him weak and unable to handle himself if it failed.

well it depends on the threat. I mean it would be like a surgeon not using a scalpel to operate. So to say Superman would never use a sword or a weapon when you know in some cases he just has to is like saying batman would not use armor when you know in some cases he would be forced to. Any great story or even in history knows one wrong move in battle will end your days. As comic fans get older they want to see stories for older people , no more saterday cartoon comics that has Batman or Superman letting the villain kill half the city but only detain the villains he or she can get out and kill the other half later.

What would be the price Clark would be willing to pay to keep Bruce alive , a story maybe that lets one or the other see tomorrow and make adjustments to do what they have to do to safe the other person.

Post traumatic stress is about somebody that knows the path that something takes and sometimes goes over board to not let things develop the same way twice. Batman suffers from this and his whole life is about going overboard to keep people safe. No social life , no kind of life what so ever other then seeking justice. The league would relieve allot of that stress but in a world that has no league just Batman it would be a whole new place and Batman would almost be as bad as the villain.

Surely no force would stand in his way to take the bad guys down.

Add Superman to the puzzle and things change he gets to breath deeper and relax , add Flash and Wonder Women and Martian Manhunter and you get a Batman that has a family again and this makes things function on a whole new level.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Batman is also an extremely prideful person. He is very much well known to tell other heroes to stay out of Gotham unless he ask for their assistance. He has the utmost confidence in his own abilities and, for the most part, that confidence is justified. I'd rather read about Batman constantly challenging the limits of his own abilities rather than constantly depend on the goodwill of metahuman or super-tech.

Batman's psychological problems is one of the things that make him interesting. If he just called the JL everytime Bane shows up, that would make a very uninteresting story. Sure, it would make logical sense when you look at it outside of the story, but the story needs stakes. I prefer my Batman to be untrusting of most people and be self-sufficient as possible because that produces the best stories.

Yes, adults want stories that appeal to them. However, the superhero genre has very well defined tropes that these fictional universes depend on. If you dismantle them too much, you're left with a very different beast; one which would betray the very concept of the genre. In other words, you can only put in so much realism in a superhero universe; if you put in too much, the narrative falls apart. If Batman depends on his superhuman buddies too much, he has no reason to exist as a vigilante.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

@arthurkerr: Batman is also an extremely prideful person. He is very much well known to tell other heroes to stay out of Gotham unless he ask for their assistance. He has the utmost confidence in his own abilities and, for the most part, that confidence is justified. I'd rather read about Batman constantly challenging the limits of his own abilities rather than constantly depend on the goodwill of metahuman or super-tech.

Batman's psychological problems is one of the things that make him interesting. If he just called the JL everytime Bane shows up, that would make a very uninteresting story. Sure, it would make logical sense when you look at it outside of the story, but the story needs stakes. I prefer my Batman to be untrusting of most people and be self-sufficient as possible because that produces the best stories.

Yes, adults want stories that appeal to them. However, the superhero genre has very well defined tropes that these fictional universes depend on. If you dismantle them too much, you're left with a very different beast; one which would betray the very concept of the genre. In other words, you can only put in so much realism in a superhero universe; if you put in too much, the narrative falls apart. If Batman depends on his superhuman buddies too much, he has no reason to exist as a vigilante.

It really depends on the story , a true story has a beginning and a end. A good hero at the end of the story will have effected those around him in such a way as to make the town a better place to live. Crime will decline and the world will prosper.

What happens in Gotham is none of that. Crime gets worse , force creates more forces , no trust creates untrusting people and the city becomes a dark twisted place. Batman not only fails but in the future you see he is still trying to save the city and he does so through a clone of himself. A great story could use the resources around it , Superman whom also would sooner or later be untrusting because down deep he would know the heart of people by hearing them in the most harsh of times and the best of times. Wonder Women with her war like ways and so many others. Two differing worlds to look on one with heroes and one without. What if Batman started having memory problems for it comes to those whom are the brightest and smartest at times. Having to deal with the world he cannot remember and having to rely on others would make Bruce more understanding and the bottom line is to keep the city he loves safe. The world as well because he would know Gotham is no bubble and what effects the world sooner or later effects Gotham. I think they need more stand alone stories no stories where every other story invades the one and has no merits on it and the actions of the characters. Lets get stand alone stories and this would give the character more depth then before.

Is that not the point to begin with and a ridged character that never changes ( I speak of the true character not the mask in case of Thor that would be Thor son of Odin , Spiderman would be Peter Parker , and Captain America would be Steve Rogers) Characters are one things story line is where we place them, what if Bruce Wayne was in the matrix , what if Clark Kent was Neo , what if Diana Princes was a optimist and most important. What if we had open minds and knew that a story is just another idea we take or leave and that is about that. Stories that are really good give people something and they demand more. Really good stories are told for years to come. It is why we still read Batman and Superman and Wonder Women and The Flash. One day all the stories will be told and they will fade away. Until that day lets keep and open mind shall we.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mysticmedivh

@arthurkerr: Someone has probably mentioned this already, but I'm not going to bother reading through all the comments. However, Clark did help Bruce build the Hellbat.

No Caption Provided

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Every comic fan understands that the story goes on, the character goes on; superheroes have outlived generations of people and they will probably outlive us. It's just the nature of the business model that DC and Marvel use. They tell monthly stories that generally never end. Batman can never beat crime, that's why Superman's quest for peace is called the ```never ending battle``. If you want stories with a defined ending, I`d look elsewere than the big 2 publishers.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigcimmerian

@mysticmedivh: That hammer Superman is using is some super tough hammer considering it didn't melt in sun :D

Geoschua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: @rdclip: @algorhythm511: @mysticmedivh: Ah, the Hellbat suit. What an amazing piece of equipment that was. It was definitely needed for the task at hand and served its purpose nicely. What a ride! While I, too, think big fancy suits aren't Batman's favored style, I think he get's a huge kick out of wearing them from time to time. I hope they fix it :)

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

@mysticmedivh: That hammer Superman is using is some super tough hammer considering it didn't melt in sun :D

It's obviously Mlojnir.

Haha, that's what I was thinking.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

minutemen_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By minutemen_64

@fuzzylittlerodent: fox is a Nolan character , In reality fix only runs the company when bruce is doing something else , he doesn't build anything

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.