Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and Spiderman..

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

All the match ups with these two on "Battles Forum" give Spidey an edge in the opinion of most, but I am not so sure...obviously in a cage match scenario without weapons Spidey wins, but in a random encounter, or one where Batman has prep, I think Spiderman has one problem with Batman and its the fact that he is not bullet proof, bomb proof or anything else proof. Against Superman, there are numerous examples of Batman using his mini explosives and blowing Superman out of buildings etc,

Batman is like Daredevil, a very fast and skilled fighter and we know DD has given Spidey a hard time in the past. Add his arsenal of gadgets and weapons which can blow holes in the likes of Solomon Grundy, I think Bats is easily capable of neutralising the spiderman. On Spidey's side his webs are a great problem for non super-powered Batman.

.yep, I think this little match up would go the distance, I assume the majority of bat fans would agree?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Spider-Man has almost every advantage except skill.

Can Batman prep better? Sure, but Peter is a good prepper too.

Does Batman have more gadgets? Sure, but Peter has some cool stuff too.

Unless you set it up specifically for Spider-Man to fail, he's going to take a majority every time. Super-powers vs no super powers.

Also if you were looking for non-biased opinions, its probably better off in the off topic general section >.>

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You're also forgetting the fact that yes, Daredevil may have gotten Spidey before but how about when Spidey have DD on the ropes and said he was holding back?

Also, Prep Time kinda helps Batman's case. But If he's prepping to fight Spider-Man and has adaquent time, I can say he can take him. In a random encounter? No. Unless he has some specific gadgets with him he can easily use to beat him. It always depends on the scenerio. However, Peter wins if it's H2H by a margin. His super-powers is almost tailored to help take on opponents like Batman with ease.

Also, I like to point out Comics have told us a thousand times that just because one has superpowers doesnt mean they win against anyone with no superpowers, whether or not they're a gadgeter. people like Batman can take out a guy who can shoot flames with his hands via stealth, using water, a fire entiguisher, etc. It just depends on what powers they have and how skilled they can utilize it. Spider-Man's powers, however, elimate a lot of thing Batman has over fighting superhumans. Stealth and skill.

Also, Daredevil =/= Batman. They take different things to the plate. Just cause one character can do something doesn't mean another street level can do it just as easy. Different fighting styles and all. They're only similar by fact they're regarded as their universe's Top-Tier Martial Artist and they fight many people above them and manage to win on skill. That's it. Don't snap into just because Daredevil did something, it means Batman can because he's more skilled or something. Spidey is fast, but he can still be tagged in hand to hand combat still and has. And also, keep in mind Spiderman holds back.

Batman uses gadgets in lethal ways to Grundy because he's undead. He wouldn't be like that to Spider-Man under normal, IC circumstances.

bxhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By bxhybrid89

Spidey would def. beat bats

he can lift 10 tons easily

run up to 200 mph

dodge automatic fire within inches of him

webbing can restrain the hulk

and took a grenade straight to the face,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.