Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and Robin Eternal will change Robin's origin

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

So, the Batman and Robin Eternal 8-page original preview story, is on sale today, i've already readed it, and i saw some very interesting things, specially when it comes to the Robin's (Dick Grayson) origin-story, which apparently will be rebooted:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

His mother is alive?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@xwraith said:

His mother is alive?

She wasn't adressed on this preview, but "The Mother" (the woman with white hair) apparently kidnaps children and sells them, at least, that's my guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds cool.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This looks interesting

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis

Snyder cant resist changing the past can he? why mess with things that have worked for 75 years? he's becoming the Batman equivalent of Geoff Johns,except Batman never needed Johns and his retcons.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

One things for sure, the more days pass, the more i want to start reading it :D

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Snyder cant resist changing the past can he? why mess with things that have worked for 75 years? he's becoming the Batman equivalent of Geoff Johns,except Batman never needed Johns and his retcons.

Exactly.

Though he's not the only one. Barbara, Tim, Jason, everyone's gone through unnecessary changes since the reboot.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

Of course it's gonna change it, I mean it wouldn't be a Snyder story if there was no blast from the past or some groundbreaking revelation that changes the status quo of a character.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason I am thinking of Silver St. Cloud

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

@entropy_aegis said:

agree on the point you're trying to make.

Though what retcons did johns make?

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

snyder can change what he wants, he is boss now as johns is boss in the justice league comics

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Exactly.

Though he's not the only one. Barbara, Tim, Jason, everyone's gone through unnecessary changes since the reboot.

It has been sated by both James Tynion and Tony Daniel that "this will be a different Cassandra Cain" so we can assume that her origin will be rebooted too :(

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@nathaniel_christopher said:
    @entropy_aegis said:

Exactly.

It has been sated by both James Tynion and Tony Daniel that "this will be a different Cassandra Cain" so we can assume that her origin will be rebooted too :(

I wouldn't get my hopes up really,Batman Eternal did nothing for Stephanie Brown despite the hype, it's another attempt to get no one's favorite characters Harper and Duke some more panel time.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we even have an idea about how his origin is changing? It can't be that big of a change. We've already had him deal with the circus and zucco in the n52.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:
    @nathaniel_christopher said:
    @entropy_aegis said:

Exactly.

I wouldn't get my hopes up really,Batman Eternal did nothing for Stephanie Brown despite the hype, it's another attempt to get no one's favorite characters Harper and Duke some more panel time.

Yup, steph's return was a let down...and Harper Row is indeed Scott Snyder's favourite (it has even occurred to me that Eternal year 1 was a giant plot to introduce Harper, like Harper's origin-story, since she barely gets a cameo in the Batman title).

And the thing is, characters like Duke, Cullen and Harper Row and the like, like-wise will be left under the bus once the current writting teams leave to other projects...i mean who would pick them up, honestly? and for what stories? we already saw on Eternal 1 what happens to the characters around them when they get to be the "main-stars"...everyone else ends up looking worthless...i only see a biased writter for them using them, but i don't know anyone who is besides their own creators.

And it sucks for Duke, his character does have potencial.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

Do we even have an idea about how his origin is changing? It can't be that big of a change. We've already had him deal with the circus and zucco in the n52.

We do have an idea, according to the Batman And Robin Eternal preview, chances are that Dick was a missing children that Batman rescued adopted and then lied to, now how this scenario works with what we already know about Grayson's origin, don't ask me, we will have to wait and see.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: That's a lot of assumptions. The first part could be true but the rest seems far fetched to me. I'll give Snyder the benefit of the doubt.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.