Batman and Robin Annual

#1 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.. If you have not got to read this you should. I will not through and spoilers... but this was a great piece that really dealt with a amazing story between Father and Son.

#2 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

agree! ;)

#3 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is such a good character, i loved this!

the bit where he's being so serious jumping into the batmobile reading to charge into the night...and he has to pause mid dramatic dialogue to adjust the seat. i died. So good.

and does anyone else love Titus?

#4 Posted by havoc1201 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

great story Damian was great

#5 Posted by Joelislegend (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Was nice. We really need a solo damian book of older Damian as Batman 666.

#6 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it was pretty funny, seemed an episode of the animated series.

Eheheh awesome, but remember that Morrison is disappointed for this, because he wanted a cat not a dog for Damian :D

#7 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Great story. ^^

#8 Posted by Kangaxx_54 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read any of the new comics (waiting for trades), but I caved in and bought this one, and I don't regret it for a second. It's just pure awesome sauce. So many good highlights that it's difficult to mention just one, but the moment where Damian realizes that size does matter in the Batmobile is just too funny for words.

#9 Posted by akbogert (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone address where this fits in, continuity-wise? I hear it's good and makes Damian more likeable...but I don't want to like him just to see something happen to him in Batman 17.

#10 Posted by thatbamaguy (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really thinking about grabbing it. You guys are tearing through my will power! :)

#11 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

buuuuuuy it! support :D!

#12 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatbamaguy said:

I'm really thinking about grabbing it. You guys are tearing through my will power! :)

IMHO, it was a very good story...so...you should buy it.

#13 Edited by thatbamaguy (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok ok. Ill grab it a little bit later. Ill be sure to update you guys late with what I thought of the issue.

Edit- Ok, I loved it! Damien was hilarious, and very thoughtful. Great issue and totally worth it! Loved the character Development. I wonder where it takes place chronologically though?

#14 Posted by Joelislegend (215 posts) - - Show Bio

It was cute I love how Tomassi is fleshing out Damian's character and making him a lot more likeable. This series has been great for showing us another side of Damian.

#15 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

This series is the bomb! I nearly like it as much as Snyder's.

Initially I was never a fan of Batman having a biological son, and Grant Morrison never changed my mind on that. To me, it was like the Superman-Lois wedding. Something that you know will be retconned out of existence.

Regardless of what happens to Damian, Tomasi changed my mind about him - and I absolutely love this character. Very interested to see what the future has in store for him. I like that he's more standoffish to the outside DC universe - but intensly loyal to those in his inner circle.

#16 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

It was incredibly good, I love Damian.

#17 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite part is when Bruce says TT.

#18 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say one thing...I do feel guilty liking Damian - knowing, full well that the emergence of his character is majorly responsible for the clusterf*** that has hit Tim Drake in the New 52.

Some of the best stories in the 90's and early 00's were Tim Drake Robin stories.

#19 Posted by JakeN7 (11527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505 said:

Yes, it was pretty funny, seemed an episode of the animated series.

Eheheh awesome, but remember that Morrison is disappointed for this, because he wanted a cat not a dog for Damian :D

Yeah because the future Damian that Morrison wrote had a cat named Alfred. That's why Morrison showed Alfred (Pennyworth) going to the pound and picking up said cat in one of the latest issues of Batman Incorporated. Damian says he'll call him Alfred, and the rest is history (one would assume this is the same cat that future Damian has, and he's just been using Lazarus Pits to bring him back whenever little Alfred's nine lives are up.)

Now the official Bat-Menagerie is as follows:

Bat-Cow (the cow, duh)

Titus (the Great Dane)

Alfred (the cat)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.