Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and Nightwing in Smallville Season 11 Comics

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Not sure if this topic has been brought up here or not. I just started reading Smallville 'Season 11' (sorry I actually liked that show) and apparently Batman and 'Nightwing' are in issues 13 to like 28 or so. Interesting interpretations of Bruce and...I think it's actually Barbara Gordon as Nightwing in these issues. It's supposed to be a continuation of the show which explains the not so out there costumes I suppose. Was wondering if anyone else was reading and what they thought

Avatar image for captaintightpants12
    CaptainTightpants12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

It's a different take, that's for sure. Nightwing was supposed to be Stephanie Brown, but DC had them change it to Babs instead for whatever reason. There's a lot to like, and there's a bit that is kind of weird. I'm not a big fan of Batman's face makeup, but I guess I get it. Once you get to the most recent arc, I think you'll find a certain iconic character's big twist to be pretty interesting. They certainly could have done a worse job adapting the characters.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman
    RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

CaptainTightpants12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I was trying to avoid the spoiler, but I'll drop it here I guess:

The Joker is Bruce Wayne from a parallel Earth.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lifeofvibe

Dont know about all of you but I freaking hate that series for changes like those two (I dont give a Damn if its good writing) not only that but batmans fight with supeman was indeed quiet humiliating on batmans side I've never heard of a humiliating supeman figth so something up here. how do I know this you ask? (I read it free in Barnes and Nobels)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I was trying to avoid the spoiler, but I'll drop it here I guess:

The Joker is Bruce Wayne from a parallel Earth.

Woah, I didn't expected that, I thought it will be just a underwhelming spoiler but this is very overwhelming.

CaptainTightpants12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Yeah, it's pretty wild. A lot of people would be upset about that kind of thing, but I kind of welcome the experimentation that Smallville has allowed for various characters. It doesn't always work out, but sometimes it turns out really awesome.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captaintightpants12: It sounds really cool, the best thing about Joker's origin is that it can be played so many different ways but everything depends on the execution.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I'm not going to mouse over the spoilers for once. Considering that it's supposed to be a continuation of the show and has nothing really to do with the original continuity or New 52 it's pretty cool and I've always dug the subtle little things they did. Like when Bart was first on the show and Clark found his various alias's; they were Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, and Wally West. Watching the comic unfold the way it has still trying to keep the relationships and such like the show instead of saying, hey it's a comic let's really superpower and make everything really over the top even more has been nice.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the series, watched all of Smallville prior to reading the book, not necessary but a good general background would be helpful to guide you... Great book.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a different take, that's for sure. Nightwing was supposed to be Stephanie Brown, but DC had them change it to Babs instead for whatever reason. There's a lot to like, and there's a bit that is kind of weird. I'm not a big fan of Batman's face makeup, but I guess I get it. Once you get to the most recent arc, I think you'll find a certain iconic character's big twist to be pretty interesting. They certainly could have done a worse job adapting the characters.

Don't even joke about such awful ideas...cuz then dc will take it seriously

CaptainTightpants12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I don't mind it, Smallville is an Elseworld's tale as far as I'm concerned, since Chloe already is "Oracle" I guess Babs had to be something else.

CaptainTightpants12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I think he's more upset that they canned Steph. I think. His avatar is Nightwing though, so maybe he's more mad about a not-Dick-Grayson-Nightwing.

*coughs*Bluebird*coughs*

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind it, Smallville is an Elseworld's tale as far as I'm concerned, since Chloe already is "Oracle" I guess Babs had to be something else.

wow...I never made that correlation until you brought it up, but yea, they totally made her Oracle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.