Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and Justice League Movie Speculation

• 179 results
    Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Citrus

You see, if he were Bruce Wayne, that'd be fine.

But since they made him omega Robin-fusion in DKR, now he won't be Bruce Wayne. They'd better not make omega-Robin-fusion some kind of constant, because it would have been so damn easy to just call him Dick Grayson.

MarrtheBearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By MarrtheBearer

As a Grayson-like Batman you couldn't get better casting, but it's hard to imagine WB and DC finally putting together a Justice League movie without Bruce Wayne as Batman :/

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

No!!!! I want Bruce Wayne as Batman...and definitely not JGL, he is good...but not suitable for a role like Bruce Wayne.

The Reality based Nolanverse is a total nonsense, I am actually glad they ended the franchise and reboot.

I think Ryan Gosling or Jim Caviezel would be a great choice, they both have the emotional maturity on them.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By danhimself

WB is going to screw this movie up

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By ALdragon17

I disagree with OutlawRenegade said: about wonder being Gemma Arterton it should Gina Carano for Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman

Gina Carano is freaking beautiful and she can really kick butt. Omg her smile so beautiful here :)

Check the show case and actually show how much damage she can do, nice I love :)

I love the youtube on her she chokes out a host, he like I'm feeling sleepy. I would say her creek structure is the same as wonder woman, thats my opinion

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@danhimself said:

WB is going to screw this movie up

just lke they used to

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By dondasch

In all honesty, DC cannot compete with Marvel on team based movies. I'd just as soon they not make Justice League and focus on individual efforts like, I don't know, Wonder Woman ?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#158  Edited By turoksonofstone

Josephe Gordon-Levitt lol that would be rich.

Weddep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Weddep

I posted this in another thread, but I think it belongs here as well.

I just can't wrap my head around a "non-Bruce Wayne" STARTING as Batman..... Bruce Wayne is supposed to set a huge example for anyone even attempting to become Batman "ie. Dick Grayson and even Terry McGinnis". I don't see Nolan's Trilogy setting a good enough platform for what Batman is supposed to become. Anyone can't be Batman as it was said so much in TDKR. It takes years and years of perfecting yourself, Body and Mind. It goes against all of Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne left for what 7 years in Batman Begins? (I don't recall the exact amount of years right now, but I know it was significant) and John Blake only needs to go through the few months that Bane was terrorizing Gotham City? Aside from all of that.... Even the Batman in the Nolan Trilogy doesn't really stand up to the one we know in comics. I was OK with that because I always took it as Nolan's Batman and it was a totally separate from the one we know in the comics. Partly because Nolan was going for a more realistic approach and that was fine. But the Batman we know in the comics is so much more, and that is why he deserves to be one of the main members in the Justice League along side Superman and Wonder Woman. He doesn't have any powers.... He brings his incredible intelligence and unquestionable loyalty to the cause. He is one of the most important members of the Justice League. Even Nolan's Bruce Wayne/Batman I feel would be out of place in the Justice League. I didn't get the impression that he was the "Greatest Detective in the World" and one of the most Brilliant tacticians ever. He was more of an above average man on a mission. All in all what I think I am trying to get across is I think Nolan's Universe is too different than the actual DCU we know in the comics and I just hope they bring the Batman we all know and love into the Justice League so that he can actually stand up with Superman and Wonder Woman and the audience as a whole knows he belongs there.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#160  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @Selinaky said:

JGL is a great actor and all, but I'm hoping for a different actor in the role of Batman. I think Bruce Wayne should be in the Justice League, and an actor who resembles him more.

Kondorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 13

#161  Edited By Kondorr

I believe, that the inevitable end to Bruce Wayne's Career as Batman, and the appearance of a new Batman is a great idea!

It opens tons of new possibilities.

1. You could have JGL as Batman in the Justice League... he could realize there, that he is not Batman, but COULD be Nightwing
    2. Then You could go to a point were you recast Bruce Wayne for a Duo Movie ... and make him return (Batman & Nightwing) as a quasi follow up to the Nolan movies AND the JL movie... where JGL dons the Nightwing costume...
    3. Diffrent Batmans was for a long time essential in the comics world... I think it is time the movies would address it too.

This way they could maintain the existing "Nolanverse" and lead it into a different direction... while maintaining the continuity of the recent films (including Man of Steel). And swaping actors for Bruce Wayne this way would be very elegant...

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#162  Edited By Captain13

@ALdragon17 said:

I disagree with OutlawRenegade said: about wonder being Gemma Arterton it should Gina Carano for Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman

Gina Carano is freaking beautiful and she can really kick butt. Omg her smile so beautiful here :)

Check the show case and actually show how much damage she can do, nice I love :)

I love the youtube on her she chokes out a host, he like I'm feeling sleepy. I would say her creek structure is the same as wonder woman, thats my opinion

While Gina Carano has the physicality for the role, she can't act. Yes I've seen Haywire. Whoever is cast as Wonder Woman in the Justice League movie needs to be able to act her a** off--especially since that actress will need to carry a bunch of solo films. Gemma has already proven she can play badass in Prince of Persia. And she has more than enough time to pack on a little muscle. Part of Marvel's success is that they got ACTORS. John Cena didn't play Captain America; Chris Evans did.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Superdork

@OutlawRenegade said:

I like JGL, but I like Bruce Wayne way more. I hope this is a rumor and nothing more.

The should just get Ryan Gosling to be Bruce (see Drive and Ides of March). Just dye his hair.

Superman- Henry Cavill

Batman- Ryan Gosling (see Drive and Ides of March).

Wonder Woman- Gemma Arterton (See Prince of Persia)

Green Lantern- Jake Gyllenhaal (See Source Code)

Cyborg- Chadwick Boseman (see 42)

Flash- Scott Porter, Charlie Hunnam, or Matthew Bomer

Quoted for truth and relevance.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#164  Edited By Teerack

I don't think Waener Bros. is stupid enough to make a Justice League movie with out Bruce Wayne.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By GodOfMischief

I can just see the whole Justice League film being one massive failure, trying to fit all those characters in and introduce them all while including their backstories is going to be ridiculously hard to do.

Avatar image for nostralock_holdamus
    Nostralock_Holdamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully at the end of man of steel movie, superman goes and finds Christian Bale to ask for help starting the justice league.

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#167  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

just for the fun of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjTsjgk3Lg&feature=share

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Dhor

if he would play Bruce Wayne would be great. it`s something like Xmen. There not in the same continuitty but it`s a not to the original trilogy. anyway he`s 1 milion times better then Arnie Hammer

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 9

#169  Edited By Ironhawk22

Great idea! Really liked his character in DKR! Although I heard on Bleeding Cool, that the rumor may have been denied.

Weddep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Weddep

Christian Bale is out for me as Batman. He seemed too scrawny for Batman, he wasted too much time being a weirdo and recluse between TDK and TDKR. In the comics there's no way Gotham wouldn't need Batman for 7 years just because "The Dent Act" cleaned up the street. The Joker alone not escaping Arkham and wreaking major havoc again is unbelievable to me. 7 years is a LONG time. That's time for training Robins, for having new super Villains emerge and for Batman to have some real experience. The whole Nolanverse is out for me, it was set up for an ending and it ended. Leave it how it is now, a completely different universe. Two Face, Ras and Talia Al Ghul are dead. Not sure about Bane he was blasted by Catwoman could be dead. Wayne Manor is filled with small children now..... I don't see Bruce just booting those kids out. Just have a new Batman and let the Nolan Batman be what he was, just an above average man on a mission. I'll take the world's greatest detective and master tactician Batman over Christian Bale any day of the week.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#171  Edited By Lvenger

@Weddep said:

Christian Bale is out for me as Batman. He seemed too scrawny for Batman, he wasted too much time being a weirdo and recluse between TDK and TDKR. In the comics there's no way Gotham wouldn't need Batman for 7 years just because "The Dent Act" cleaned up the street. The Joker alone not escaping Arkham and wreaking major havoc again is unbelievable to me. 7 years is a LONG time. That's time for training Robins, for having new super Villains emerge and for Batman to have some real experience. The whole Nolanverse is out for me, it was set up for an ending and it ended. Leave it how it is now, a completely different universe. Two Face, Ras and Talia Al Ghul are dead. Not sure about Bane he was blasted by Catwoman could be dead. Wayne Manor is filled with small children now..... I don't see Bruce just booting those kids out. Just have a new Batman and let the Nolan Batman be what he was, just an above average man on a mission. I'll take the world's greatest detective and master tactician Batman over Christian Bale any day of the week.

QFT.

And the rumour's been debunked now. JGL isn't appearing as Batman in the Justice League movie.

AlexMarks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By AlexMarks

Christian Bale did a great job as Bruce Wayne but made a terrible Batman. I think they should use Joseph, he's a good actor, he's young so the executives at WB will love that and that the Dark Knight Rises was the most comic booky yet. It had the batwing in the movie, Gotham City taken over by criminals and a organization of assassins, the city about to be blown up by a bomb and so on. A better question would be does Batman fit into the DC Universe? I think he does but it is obvious that the Batverse and the rest of DC are quite different. And lets face it, if you are a active user on this site and you have an account, you're going to go see the movie, whether or not Joseph is in it or not so don't say you won't see it.

Weddep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Weddep

@AlexMarks said:

Christian Bale did a great job as Bruce Wayne but made a terrible Batman. I think they should use Joseph, he's a good actor, he's young so the executives at WB will love that and that the Dark Knight Rises was the most comic booky yet. It had the batwing in the movie, Gotham City taken over by criminals and a organization of assassins, the city about to be blown up by a bomb and so on. A better question would be does Batman fit into the DC Universe? I think he does but it is obvious that the Batverse and the rest of DC are quite different. And lets face it, if you are a active user on this site and you have an account, you're going to go see the movie, whether or not Joseph is in it or not so don't say you won't see it.

I would see it..... but I would be rolling my eyes the entire time if JGL was Batman..... He's 5'10" and probably 165 pounds tops..... There's no way he would be able to pull off Batman. Sure he's a great actor.... but who cares? There's plenty of good actors out there that fit the profile way better I'm sure. Maybe some we've never heard of or just never thought of. Either way it's not him and that has been confirmed. I had a major sigh of relief from that. I have high hopes for the Justice League movie and all the Tie-In's that will go with it. I hope I'm not disappointed! rofl

brunjl02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By brunjl02

Let me start by saying that I agree with most here in that Batman in the JL movie should be Bruce Wayne, not a successor. However, unlike most here I can see a reasonable tie to the Nolan trilogy given its explained well enough.

Try and follow this:

TDK trilogy could have taken place, continuity wise, a few years before both Man of Steel and even Green Lantern. This would allow Bale to travel off leaving Joseph Gordon Levitt as Nightwing to defend Gotham in his absence. Meanwhile, the events of GL and MoS take place, ushering in the "new" metahumans. Bale could then cameo toward the end of MOS in Metropolis as Bruce, possibly investigating Clark/Supes, all the while reports of the GL play on tvs and newspapers in the background. Then jump to the JL movie, Nightwing has taken a beaten in Gotham requiring Bruce to come back as Batman.

Now I know not everyone was thrilled with GL but that doesn't mean the character, whom audiences already are familiar with, can't work in a team movie. And as for Bale, throw whatever amount of money need be to bring him back, if only for the first JL and then you could properly promote JGL (Nightwing) to Batman.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By havoc1201

i really cant see the studio signing off on a batman that is not bruce wayne, i dont think they would dare to try that.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#176  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I was just hoping for something new as I hated the ending in Dark Knight Rises. Also don't think it's a good idea having it connected to the Nolan films and think they should start a fresh.

I wouldn't have minded him as someone else if he hadn't appeared in DKR but if he's involved in JL he has to be the equivalent of Batman whether in name or not and the film won't be right without the Batman character, not Nightwing, not Robin, Batman.

Also think it's a bad move doing this before Man of Steel as they should have treated that like a tester in case by any chance it fails, and they wanted to go with an entire new roster.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By havoc1201

thank god this is a rumor

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't think it's that bad of an idea.  The only real problem for me is the name.  Maybe if in the JLA movie  They explain that his FULL birth name is Dick "Robin" Grayson and John Blake is his adopted name   Or  Tim "Robin" Drake  Then it would be more than fine with me.(+)
    lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#179  Edited By lifeboy

@OutlawRenegade: great movie picks!! how about for the Worlds Finest powergirl and huntress movie? I pick martha macullum and kimberly guilfoyle. both are form Fox News.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.