Batman and Detectiv Comic vs Superman and Action Comic (new52)

#1 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

this topic is not about which is the better comic,but more like if Batman and Detective comic should have different time periods like in Superman and Action Comic.

Like in "Action comic" we see how Superman character that evolved in a superhero that we read in "Superman" comic.

I think that is what they should have done in a new 52 with batman.

We see how he evolves in a character that we read now.

what's your opinion?

#2 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that could have been a good idea, especially with soo many Bat-titles out right now.. the Bat is in everything, litteraly, and with all the confusion with his timeline, they could have taken one out and explain his past, but who knows - maybe they are planning on revealing his past along the way.

Also, Detective Comics was kinda bad from issue 1-12ish, its a whole lot better now though.

#3 Posted by Dernman (14975 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that's what they were originally going to do but changed somewhere in the building of the book. It would have been better if they did go the Action Comic route.

#4 Posted by SupBatz (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with that is that you can really only go so long in the past before you have to jump to the present. Perhaps a few arcs would work to show the evolution of the character but eventually the title would either need to:

a.) reach the point where the character has developed as he is in the present and would need to jump ahead so that the stories take place in present time.

b.) risk becoming tedious and showing an underdeveloped Batman or Superman who, after plenty of stories showcasing his "noobieness", would appear stagnant.

I have only read the first five issues of Action Comics so I cannot speak against it. But I imagine that eventually the title will need to jump to the present because it cannot tell stories of Superman's early developing years forever.

#5 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

The problem with that is that you can really only go so long in the past before you have to jump to the present. Perhaps a few arcs would work to show the evolution of the character but eventually the title would either need to:

a.) reach the point where the character has developed as he is in the present and would need to jump ahead so that the stories take place in present time.

b.) risk becoming tedious and showing an underdeveloped Batman or Superman who, after plenty of stories showcasing his "noobieness", would appear stagnant.

I have only read the first five issues of Action Comics so I cannot speak against it. But I imagine that eventually the title will need to jump to the present because it cannot tell stories of Superman's early developing years forever.

That's right.i agree.but still it would be cool to see how they would approach batman beginnings.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (24045 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Detective Comics should focus on ALL the detectives in Gotham, maybe introduce Renee Montoya again, have a Bollock story, a Gordon story. I like the small featurettes they have at the end, like with Two Face, Clayface etc, just expand upon that a bit.

#7 Posted by ScarletBatman (364 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't just have to show newbiness but they could show us how the batfamily grew and evolved over time. How long was Dick Robin? How quickly was Todd beaten to "death"? Is Stephanie Brown even alive? How did Barbra become Batgirl? Why did Drake take the moniker Red Robin rather than just Robin? When the hell did Bruce conceive Damian?

All of these questions could be showcased in a "Batman's Past" book.

#8 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@ScarletBatman said:

They don't just have to show newbiness but they could show us how the batfamily grew and evolved over time. How long was Dick Robin? How quickly was Todd beaten to "death"? Is Stephanie Brown even alive? How did Barbra become Batgirl? Why did Drake take the moniker Red Robin rather than just Robin? When the hell did Bruce conceive Damian?

All of these questions could be showcased in a "Batman's Past" book.

I think Drake's story for him becoming Red Robin is in Teen Titans #0,but it short.

And as for Damian i made a topic about that http://www.comicvine.com/batman/29-1699/how-old-is-damian-wayne-in-new-52/92-735154/#10 it's a little confusing sinc Bruce is only 5 years batman and that would mean that Damian is like 5 yeard old

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.