Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman #673!! Black not Blue!

The Black Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The Black Ace

Batman 673 was a great issue. I loved the depiction of the earliest version of Batman. "Horned" cowl and plain black gloves. I've always disliked the blue color scheme in the Bat-costume, Jet black and gray is more appropriate. I'd love to see him go back to his earliest "look" for a while. And the spooky "shadow" laugh was a kick too.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By zero edge

Yeah I liked this issue too, though I'm a bit confused, is that really happened to Joe Chill or is it just the fake Batman messing with him?

The Black Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By The Black Ace

I think its just grant morrisons's version of what happend to Joe Chill. There's the version where Joe Chill has a heart attack after finding out Bruce Wayne is Batman and the version where a bunch of gangsters kill Joe for creating The Batman (but forgetting to ask what Batman's secret identity is,natch.) I like morrison's version best.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By zero edge

ah that's cool, you wouldn't happen to know what issue those versions are would you? And welcome to the vine.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

They dealt with Joe Chill before. It was sorta similar to this. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Year_Two

I also remember a version where Joe finds out he "created" Batman. He brags to his buddies and they kill him because he's to blame. Then they're like, Oh, we should've asked him who Batman was first. Doesn't sound like that's from the above according to wiki. Can't remember where I read that then.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

It was without any doubt the best issue of Batman since Morrison joined the book

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.