Batman #673!! Black not Blue!

#1 Posted by The Black Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman 673 was a great issue. I loved the depiction of the earliest version of Batman. "Horned" cowl and plain black gloves. I've always disliked the blue color scheme in the Bat-costume, Jet black and gray is more appropriate. I'd love to see him go back to his earliest "look" for a while. And the spooky "shadow" laugh was a kick too.

#2 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I liked this issue too, though I'm a bit confused, is that really happened to Joe Chill or is it just the fake Batman messing with him?

#3 Posted by The Black Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its just grant morrisons's version of what happend to Joe Chill. There's the version where Joe Chill has a heart attack after finding out Bruce Wayne is Batman and the version where a bunch of gangsters kill Joe for creating The Batman (but forgetting to ask what Batman's secret identity is,natch.) I like morrison's version best.

#4 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

ah that's cool, you wouldn't happen to know what issue those versions are would you? And welcome to the vine.

#5 Posted by G-Man (30213 posts) - - Show Bio

They dealt with Joe Chill before. It was sorta similar to this. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Year_Two

I also remember a version where Joe finds out he "created" Batman. He brags to his buddies and they kill him because he's to blame. Then they're like, Oh, we should've asked him who Batman was first. Doesn't sound like that's from the above according to wiki. Can't remember where I read that then.

Staff
#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

It was without any doubt the best issue of Batman since Morrison joined the book

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.