Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman 663

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

Has anyone else read this issue? http://www.comicvine.com/comic/batman/796/106607/

I don't know what to make out of it. It literally took me like three tries to read the thing. It's not a comic book. It's a bunch of text with scattered pictures. I don't have anything against reading but what's goin' on? I've always gone back and forth with Morrison. I know some people just love his stuff. I'm not sure if his need to re-vamp Joker was needed or if it even worked. My major gripe is parts were just hard to follow. I re-read certain parts and couldn't figure out what happened. Did Joker slice up and then stitch his face? Did he slice up Harley's. The text just wasn't clear.

But hats off to DC for trying something different and not letting word get out before the issue hit the stands. I just hope they don't try this again. The comic based novels just always feel kinda cheap to me.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Prodigal Son

Post Deleted.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
    Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

I haven't read it, but it's not sounding too great....

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I haven't read it, Batman isn't one of my regular reads. But I agree with the sentiment on Morrison, he can be hit and miss. Some of his JLA stuff was great, some bad for instance.

Dr_Gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dr_Gee

Batman is one of my regular reads but sadly enough..i have not read this..it isn't sounding too great but it has a sweet cover :)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

I applaud them for trying to do something different but it just seems like it wasn't handled properly. It's not like us readers can't read but when you buy a comic, you do have certain expectations. This could've been a good issue but parts were just so unclear. The writing was just left so vague and the limited pictures didn't help. You would think with all the extra "words" it should've been overly clear as to what was happening. Overall it just feels like a big gimmick on DC's part that didn't go quite as planned.

sparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sparky

i want to say something how do you battle?

Del D Boy 9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Del D Boy 9

Haven't read it. Whats the big difference in his take on Joker?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild

god i hated that issue it was so ahk i read the first 3 pages and stopped

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

It wouldn't have been so bad if A) we had prior notice and not have it flung on us, and B) if it was easier to follow. The few pictures didn't follow the entire story. It's just weird that since there were so many "words," it should've been more descriptive. I felt it wasn't really clear what was going on the entire time. I regret having bought it. It didn't feel like it was necessary or really added anything worth while.

Flying Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Flying Fox

I got annoyed by it. I like reading, really I do. Yet, for me, comics are more about the art with the story and text being a secondary thing. If you want to do a story like this put out a book, don't do it in a comic. I tried reading it a couple times but just couldn't get into it.

Avatar image for illkidspaidamonki
    IllKidSpaidamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, i haven't read it. I think I saw a sneek peek on the DC comics website (I'm not sure) - realistic art, sorta dark,.. Anyway ..if it's as bad as those who claim to have read it say, then I really have to give it to the cover artists. they really make peops buy a lott crap!

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By htb106

i can't get onto that page

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.