Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23619 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman '66 : Why?

Deadpool_Bot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Almost everybody who's into comics is a fan of the Dark Knight. But I can't help but feel a certain feeling of displeasure when I try reading Batman '66. I mean...it was something I consider to be a stain in Batman's almost flawless records. Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I like it.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Batman '66 is a part of Batman's legacy, it helped comics go mainstream and Batman himself. So why not DC make a comic about it, they always do that with most of their media projects.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought the first issue and liked it. Haven't bought anymore because I don't feel the need to and to save money, but it was good and its great that dc is respecting what that silly show and movie did for batman and comics. It seems like a fun series.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@deadpool_bot: Lol, you're obviously young. I'm not too old myself.

Batman's "record's" are far from flawless. Just as with any character, there have been many interpretations and not all of them or going to be to every fan's liking.

Batman 66 is made and marketed to all of us who remember the tv show and love the cheesiness and camp that come with it. Personally, it brings a smile to my face and brings me back to when i was a little kid and would watch "Batman: The Movie" because it was on the shelf at Blockbuster and it said "Batman."

If you don't care for it, don't pick it up lol.

Deadpool_Bot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh. Alright. Thanks for your opinions dudes. I never really expected people to like...like it but yeah.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read the first issue and liked it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.