Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman 2 and Batman Returns

wyjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

If anyone has read the Batman 2 script for the movie that eventually didn't get made, and instead took elements from it and made Returns, this should make more sense.

If not, I'll sum up Batman 2. Penguin is getting released from prison. He has a bird fetish, but isn't a freak, so much. He uses birds to kill in ingenious ways. He has an icy hideout, but it's not underground. The setting is Christmas, as well. Catwoman isn't a resurrected soul out for revenge. She's an assassin like character and an artifacts dealer. Something something about the five families and hidden treasures under the bat cave. It's pretty decent.

Read it if you haven't.

I was thinking if this got made, then maybe Burton wouldn't have gotten the rug pulled out from in under him before the 3rd film.

If he'd made this instead, he could have had a more grotesque art film swan song with a third film. In fact, I think he could have substituted a Killer Croc character living in the sewers for his mistake of a Penguin origin, and a Poison Ivy character origin for his mistake of a Catwoman origin. Walken could have played Woodrue, the guy who experimented on and created Ivy, and I really think Burton could have pulled off some incredible makeup effects with Croc.

What do you guys think? past is past and done, but it's fun to think and re-imagine, sometimes.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

- Honestly, i'm not particularly concerned.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weren't they planning to introduce Robin in the second movie?

I could of sworn that he was suppose to have a black costume.

wyjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, in the script for Batman 2, Robin lived just outside a shanty town of Gotham's displaced tenants of slum lords. He hid in the sewers, underneath a statue of Bruce Wayne's great grandfather, and would acrobatically fight off the henchmen of a construction company. Marlon Wayans was supposed to play the character.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Honestly, i'm not particularly concerned.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.