Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman #17 Predictions!!!

• 66 results
    Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Joelislegend

Plot twist:

Joker serves Batman a huge plate of spaghetti they both become best friends and they kill all of Batman's rogues together and move to Mexico and live happily ever after.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By BatWatch

After all this buildup on "Does Joker know?" I'm beginning to think they are not even going to answer the question. I think they will leave it ambiguous.

I don't think anybody significant will die.

That's all I feel confident about. Watch me be wrong on both counts. (grins)@Joelislegend said:

Plot twist:

Joker serves Batman a huge plate of spaghetti they both become best friends and they kill all of Batman's rogues together and move to Mexico and live happily ever after.

I would buy that issue and read it often and laugh and laugh. I'd also be ticked, but I'd still laugh.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

Avatar image for gothamsknight15
    GothamsKnight15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By GothamsKnight15

I dont believe this will happen at all, but let me get your opinions on this.

The joker has been wearing the mechanic overalls with the nameplate of "Joe". Obviously for the Joker, but lets get wildly creative for a moment. Snyder has already brought back Thomas Wayne. Why not a homage to Joe Chill and bring his presence as the murderer of Thomas and Martha in the New52.

Mister J being the modern Joe Chill and essentially killing Alfred, "Bruces Father" once more. Alfred has done so much for Bruce and he could see it as making Bruce weaker.

Sound off!

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Cavemold

alfred eyes are taken out

Avatar image for gothamsknight15
    GothamsKnight15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GothamsKnight15

Also possibly Barbara tries to save Jim or her mother and in the heat of it all is crippled. Shortly following Harper Row becomes part of the Bat-Family.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By entropy_aegis

Joker will die,the Bat family will squabble amongst themselves,Bruce gets pushed further in to darkness,allies will start abandoning Batman,Harper Row will be the only one who "understands and sympathizes" a character might get physically or mentally maimed.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#57  Edited By Mighty Thorion

After having psychologically scarred the whole of the Bat family, the Joker is on the verge of killing them 1 by 1 before Batman's eyes when somehow Batgirl shoots him from behind and he is paralysed from the waist down

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#58  Edited By wessaari

@entropy_aegis said:

Joker will die,the Bat family will squabble amongst themselves,Bruce gets pushed further in to darkness,allies will start abandoning Batman,Harper Row will be the only one who "understands and sympathizes" a character might get physically or mentally maimed.

the most realistic outcome ive pretty much heard, but i am getting the feeling that something really unxpected and heart wrenching will happen

Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Moccles

Alfred's eyes? I can't see them outright killing Alfred considering he is such a prominent character in the Batman universe.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By wessaari

Im getting a feeling that whatever is under those silver trays is something that none of us are expecting, and it is terrifylginly exciting me

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By Strider1992

I'm going to throw out a very very far out theory here! What if there are two Jokers? Think about it for a second in Batman 14 he knocked into the river and said he couldn't find his body. There must have been some significance in bringing that up. What if there are two Jokers one that has had his face cut off and one that hasn't. When Dollmaker cut the Joker's face off we never saw him directly do it as all we saw were shadows. The other person speaking (the guy who said tonight we will both celebrate our rebirth) could have been the other Joker and not Dollmaker. What if it was another Joker and the original still had his face. Also when Joker went to the police station we didn't get to see his face without his skin as it was in the dark maybe that was a way of preserving the possibility of their being more than one. We know its possible for Joker to create more people like him as we saw how he created Harley Quinn. The Toxins could have changed anyone. This also supports the Jokers change in character. Harley said it wasn't Mr. J anymore maybe that is literal and it really isn't the original Joker.

In Batman 16 both Penguin and Two-Face recognized whatever was on the platter. Maybe it was just a note saying "I'm not the Joker" or at an even bigger push maybe the original Joker's head. Hence two-faces comment of "you must be joking". This Joker of course has a different way of doing things. So under the other platters will be different things for different members of the family. Possibly Alfred's eyes, Jason's face etc...

If we consider this for one moment it means that the fact the Joker's face has been cut off is easily retconned and it explains his shift in personality. It is literally a different person.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By wessaari

@Strider92 said:

I'm going to throw out a very very far out theory here! What if there are two Jokers? Think about it for a second in Batman 14 he knocked into the river and said he couldn't find his body. There must have been some significance in bringing that up. What if there are two Jokers one that has had his face cut off and one that hasn't. When Dollmaker cut the Joker's face off we never saw him directly do it as all we saw were shadows. The other person speaking (the guy who said tonight we will both celebrate our rebirth) could have been the other Joker and not Dollmaker. What if it was another Joker and the original still had his face. Also when Joker went to the police station we didn't get to see his face without his skin as it was in the dark maybe that was a way of preserving the possibility of their being more than one. We know its possible for Joker to create more people like him as we saw how he created Harley Quinn. The Toxins could have changed anyone. This also supports the Jokers change in character. Harley said it wasn't Mr. J anymore maybe that is literal and it really isn't the original Joker.

In Batman 16 both Penguin and Two-Face recognized whatever was on the platter. Maybe it was just a note saying "I'm not the Joker" or at an even bigger push maybe the original Joker's head. Hence two-faces comment of "you must be joking". This Joker of course has a different way of doing things. So under the other platters will be different things for different members of the family. Possibly Alfred's eyes, Jason's face etc...

If we consider this for one moment it means that the fact the Joker's face has been cut off is easily retconned and it explains his shift in personality. It is literally a different person.

This is a very interesting theory, and one that I can say that I have not seen. From what I am gathering, alot of people are thinking that there has been more than one Joker, and the timeline of events surrounding the Bat-Clan has gotten to a point where this theory is looking more and more plausible. Now, I dont necessarily agree with your theory, and let me explain. I dont think or remember that there was any plans to use what Detective comics had done, but the fact that Snyder has adapted this so well calls into question that maybe a Joker story has been in the works, and that Snyder was the first one to actually make the face removal apart of his story. Snyder can easily do what you have just put forth but there are questions that come with it. WHo is the second Joker? With everything going on in this last issue, I dont think that can be explained. Now i do think an explanation of Joker's change in character and his ability to be everywhere at once will be given but if there is more than one Joker, I dont think that this second Joker has been doing this by himself. It is an interesting theory, that this may be one of the best Joker stories out and not even have Joker in it, but I think it is clear that the removal of Joker's face has set in motion a darker and unbelievably more twisted and deliciously evil Joker than we have ever seen before.

Your point on the Joker creating the second Joker, well to say that Joker can make more of himself and copy the effects done to him are a long shot. Hell, I can tell you the Harley that got out of that vat of chemicals was not everything he expected. (granted that Joker was actually expecting anything), but to create a carbon copy has astronomical odds. Batman has tested the chemicals himself, and nothing really adds up. Harley referenced that Joker wasn't himself anymore, and that goes back to my point that the face removal has taken Joker to a whole new level.

The platter theories mainly consist of, Alfred, and severed body parts of loved ones of the respective Bat-Clan. As of now, I am withholding my own suggestions and theories, because I literally have no idea what the hell could be under those blood splattered trays. To have Alfred on there would be as of now, expected, but still shocking. The preview of Jason's face being cut off has sparked a wave of theories depicting that Jason's face might actually be off, or that it is symbolic in some way, or that everyone's face will be cut off. To have Jason be the only one with such a injury, would be gruesome and difficult, but not life shattering. So, the trays will most likely contain soemthing that will harm them psychologically and emotionally.

The last part of your theory, in my opinion, wraps it up in a way that we don't have to worry about retconning fixing Joker's face. The problem I have with this, is if this is a new Joker, than he has really set himself so high it really leaves the previous Joker out of the loop. Like, the standards for a Joker story have been set so high, to have the Joker who couldn't reach those heights would be uninteresting, and thats why i believe that this is the Original Joker, though I do have a mystery as how he has been all over Gotham. Joker could die, fake his death, have his face reattached i really dont know what will happen to him after issue 17 and if I ddidnt have my previous convicctions about this subject, I would believe this could absolutely happen, but hell this could be it and Im all wrong. That is the beauty of what this single issue is dong to us. THere has been so many conversations and anxiety, and suspense that we must know as soon as possible. I will be staying up all night tuesday, til I finally have this in my hands

Jigme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jigme

My prediction: jigmetenzin.deviantart.com/art/thanksgiving-with-the-joker-344841670?q=gallery%3Ajigmetenzin%2F38615055&qo;=10

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By TDK_1997

I think the Joker will fool Batman to think that he is dead and he will do something really wicked.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By wessaari

@TDK_1997 said:

I think the Joker will fool Batman to think that he is dead and he will do something really wicked.

mmhmm possibility, but i think that scenario is too similar to what happened in Arkham City, and Snyder has stayed pretty original so far. I do think by the end of the story, that Joker might fake his death only for continuity sake, that way Joker could be around for any possible future stories

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By TDK_1997

@wessaari said:

@TDK_1997 said:

mmhmm possibility, but i think that scenario is too similar to what happened in Arkham City, and Snyder has stayed pretty original so far. I do think by the end of the story, that Joker might fake his death only for continuity sake, that way Joker could be around for any possible future stories

Actually Snyder ain't that original.His stories just feel good.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By wessaari

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.php?p=1352161&postcount=17

PReview of Issue 17, guys dont read unless you wanna wait til Wednesday.... if you do, your anxiety will be through the roof

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.