Batman 0

#1 Posted by ANOMALY0964 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we really need another origin story especially since Earth One just came out? Are they going to significantly change the origin or just give us some "facts we didn't know?"

#2 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling it will a bit more than an origin story, because EVERYONE knows Batman's origin and I'm pretty sure Scott said he wasn't changing it. I don't know exactly what will play out in the 0 issue, but I have a feeling there will be more to it.

#3 Posted by Lvenger (20653 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I have a feeling it will a bit more than an origin story, because EVERYONE knows Batman's origin and I'm pretty sure Scott said he wasn't changing it. I don't know exactly what will play out in the 0 issue, but I have a feeling there will be more to it.

I believe Scott said in an interview that he had an early Batman story planned out and that the 0 issues thing DC are doing gave him the opportunity to write it as it fitted in well with them. I think he mentioned that it's a post year one story or it's a year one style of story, I'm not sure which one.

#4 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's origin is never significantly altered. My guess is this will be another shot at Year One, which Earth One failed to overthrow.

#5 Posted by SupBatz (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've heard it's not another origin story but is an issue just showing how he set up to being Batman. We've seen that before but I'm sure Snyder will do something to make it his own while still maintaining Batman's classic origin.

I'm more worried about Batman: The Dark Knight 0. Spoilers from the description of the issue but apparently it will have us "Meet Joe Chill and explore the epic conspiracy to wipe out the Wayne family!" I've always liked the plain and simple origin that Joe Chill was a regular, petty criminal who killed the Waynes (not knowing who they were) out of desperation. I don't like the idea of an "epic conspiracy".

#6 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Batman's origin is never significantly altered. My guess is this will be another shot at Year One, which Earth One failed to overthrow.

Because Earth One is garbage and shows a complete lack of respect and knowledge for the characters there in.

@SupBatz said:

I'm more worried about Batman: The Dark Knight 0. Spoilers from the description of the issue but apparently it will have us "Meet Joe Chill and explore the epic conspiracy to wipe out the Wayne family!" I've always liked the plain and simple origin that Joe Chill was a regular, petty criminal who killed the Waynes (not knowing who they were) out of desperation. I don't like the idea of an "epic conspiracy".

It's obviously playing on the Court of Owls.

#7 Posted by SupBatz (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

@SupBatz said:

I was afraid of that but I certainly hope not. In one issue of Batman, Bruce talks about how when his parents died he was convinced that some greater power (the Court) was involved and that he came to realize that that was just his imagination and inability to accept that his parents could be killed by some random guy. To me, that felt like Snyder's confirming that the Court was uninvolved.

#8 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Please teal me The Dark Knight zero issu isn't really gonna be about Bruce's parents death being a conspiracy and isn't Bruce also gonna get beat up in Nightwing zero issu

#9 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

@Durakken said:

@SupBatz said:

I was afraid of that but I certainly hope not. In one issue of Batman, Bruce talks about how when his parents died he was convinced that some greater power (the Court) was involved and that he came to realize that that was just his imagination and inability to accept that his parents could be killed by some random guy. To me, that felt like Snyder's confirming that the Court was uninvolved.

Read I believe the second to last issue in the arc where Bruce goes back to the spot he search previously which lead him to all the other nests so it didn't disconfirm it but rather confirmed it pretty solidly.

#10 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure but I think Batman #0 is supposed to focus more on year-one era Gotham than Batman himself, which I'm kinda excited for because it probably won't be a huge origin changer, but I love when Snyder writes about the city itself. And I really hope Batman: TDK doesn't try to make the Wayne murder into a conspiracy...

#11 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

on the DC website the description said it was supposed to be about how he got the batsuit and stuff

#12 Posted by Lvenger (20653 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

@SupBatz said:

@Durakken said:

@SupBatz said:

Read I believe the second to last issue in the arc where Bruce goes back to the spot he search previously which lead him to all the other nests so it didn't disconfirm it but rather confirmed it pretty solidly.

And in that same second to last issue, Lincoln March (I won't spoil who he might be in case one of you hasn't read the issue) confirmed that the Court of Owls were not involved in Thomas and Martha Wayne's murder.

#13 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yeah but he's insane and doesn't know really what happened. Plus it wouldn't be smart for them to tell him that they did do it.

#14 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

They should give him Bale's TDK Batsuit for issue 0 IMO.

#15 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: NO. keep the movies away from the comics

#16 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why Batman wears black and grey. Full black would be better in the night. Can he even turn his head in the comics?

#17 Edited by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

From what I've heard it's not another origin story but is an issue just showing how he set up to being Batman. We've seen that before but I'm sure Snyder will do something to make it his own while still maintaining Batman's classic origin.

Dang-nabit, why would they do such a thing? I can only hope that Hurwitz does something good...but I kind of doubt it. Making the Court of Owls part of the Wayne's history was ok because they didn't really change anything definitively. If they connect Chill to it, it's going to be awkward.

All I can say about Batman: 0 is that I'm glad Batman will be about Batman! I can't say I enjoyed Batman: 12, not because I didn't like Harper Row, but because Batman was only there for like 4 or 5 pages! Not to mention I thought the best part of the art was the cover, which was Greg Capullo's. (Not bashing on Becky Cloonan or anything, she was fine, it's just that I like Capullo alot)

#18 Posted by ComicStooge (13360 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

I don't get why Batman wears black and grey. Full black would be better in the night. Can he even turn his head in the comics?

He can, I've seen him turn it to glare at someone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.