Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batfleck fighting strength and style?

• 51 results
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How do you imagine this more faithful, less grounded version of Batman translating on film as far as fighting prowess goes? One of the biggest complaints against the Nolan films was the slow, labored fighting style prevalent in each film. While his Batman certainly was no slouch that type of fighting style definitely wouldn't work in the new DCCU. So, in your opinion, what would? Should they forgo realism and put Batman on Captain America's level and just never address it or would you prefer something along the lines of Arrow?? And what style would you prefer him use??

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I personally would prefer that they incorporate more of his acrobatic abilities into his fighting. His style in the Arkyhm series is my optimal interpretation. If he is going to be fighting against/alongside superman he sure as heck is going to have to be faster than Nolan's batman.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Afflecks going to punch people 30 feat across the room, and be able to do triple axle back flips in his sleep. I don't really know what I want but I never underestimate Zach Snyder and a good fight scene.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It not like being as fast and strong as cap is gonna make a difference against superman. Also this batman is older so he's likely less athletic, and affleck is likely not pulling off any stunts. I doubt they will go the acrobatic route. They'll likely just have him be really strong.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam west style POW! BLAM! KAPOW!

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: The Watchmen were semi retired like Batman right? Nite Owl was doing crazy flips against OZy IIRC. I know they're different but still Snyder. I think Watchmen is pretty much what we can expect from Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: possibly, I just can't imagine Affleck batman doing flips and stuff. It would be cool though.

Avatar image for perchance2dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Afflecks going to punch people 30 feat across the room, and be able to do triple axle back flips in his sleep. I don't really know what I want but I never underestimate Zach Snyder and a good fight scene.

Lol, I need this in my life. Please Mr. Snyder, let it be so.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

BvS's choreographer said the fight scenes are going to be radically different from the Nolan movies:

“Now Batman is going to fight the way I’ve always dreamed seeing him fight,” Grispo boasts.“He’s a character so prepared in martial arts that you can do a lot of things with him, but filmmakers usually don’t go all the way with it. Even in the last Nolan movies the action scenes aren’t very good from a technical, martial arts point of view to things like choreography, filming, bad camera movements…”

Grispo then goes on to bolster Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder’s reputation as an action maestro, having collaborated on the choreography for 300, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel.

“Don’t get me wrong, Nolan is great, my hats off to him… but I think that he did not pay too much attention to the fights,” adds Grispo. “Those are the kind of details that Zack, being so physical himself, loves preparing. I think there’s going to be a big difference when you see these Batman fights in comparison to the previous ones.”

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenhttp://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/nolan-batman-respect-thread-1632841/#52

People here believes Zack Snyder its better that Gareth Evans, Donnie Yen and Yuen Woo-ping in his fight scenes

Also people should see more modern martial arts movies and less Kill Bill and The Matrix, they are out dated as h311.

Sure for the mainstream Zack Snyder its the best, since he its one of the few directors on big budgets that film proper fight scenes.

This dont change there its tons of people better that him outside the mainstream Hollywood.

I could talk of some mistakes that Snyder does in his fight scenes, but in comicvine talking bad of Snyder action is some type of sin.

People want that Batman fights like Scott Adkins, but trash talk abous Scott Adkins.

Loading Video...

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

In the dark knight returns Frank Miller was able to combine old man Batmans strength and martial knowledge and this batman is gonna be younger, 30 or 40 instead of 50, so I'm sure he'll use lots of fancy moves.

For the record the fights in Nolan's batman movies are meant to be realistic and are very cool. One of my favorite fight scenes in any movie besides The Lord of the Rings fight scenes was when batman fought the joker and his crew on the roof. Batmans fight against bane was more about emotions and batman "rising" up against the one man who beat him, just like the fights in the original Star Wars movies.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

I feel like it will be a lot like Watchmen.

Jackal9901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A more brutal Ozymandias, that´s what I want

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: Batfleck will fight much better than Bale. I'll also be sure to use Batfleck in the Battles-Forum. Lol.

Now I don't think it'll be the 127-martial styles version because Batfleck is based on DKR Batman who had lost some of his skill due to age.

Batfleck will crush Arrow in fighting style.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS trailer comes out next month right?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

The rumor is WB is going to attach it to Jupiter Ascending to boost that movie's profile, but as far as I know that hasn't been confirmed.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Mrnoital

all his fights should be at least as good as the first fight in watchmen, maybe a bit more acrobatic

Loading Video...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

They choreographer said the fights would be crazy

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tikbaz

@ultrastarkiller said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

@jayc1324: The Watchmen were semi retired like Batman right? Nite Owl was doing crazy flips against OZy IIRC. I know they're different but still Snyder. I think Watchmen is pretty much what we can expect from Batman.

@saren said:

BvS's choreographer said the fight scenes are going to be radically different from the Nolan movies:

“Now Batman is going to fight the way I’ve always dreamed seeing him fight,” Grispo boasts.“He’s a character so prepared in martial arts that you can do a lot of things with him, but filmmakers usually don’t go all the way with it. Even in the last Nolan movies the action scenes aren’t very good from a technical, martial arts point of view to things like choreography, filming, bad camera movements…”

Grispo then goes on to bolster Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder’s reputation as an action maestro, having collaborated on the choreography for 300, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel.

“Don’t get me wrong, Nolan is great, my hats off to him… but I think that he did not pay too much attention to the fights,” adds Grispo. “Those are the kind of details that Zack, being so physical himself, loves preparing. I think there’s going to be a big difference when you see these Batman fights in comparison to the previous ones.”

I don't know if the movie will be any good, I really hope it will, but I do know this: Snyder will make both Bruce and Clark serious forces to be reckoned with, and they will have glorious battles to behold on screen.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buttersdaman000

@frozen said:

@buttersdaman000: Batfleck will fight much better than Bale. I'll also be sure to use Batfleck in the Battles-Forum. Lol.

Now I don't think it'll be the 127-martial styles version because Batfleck is based on DKR Batman who had lost some of his skill due to age.

I can't wait to use Batfleck in the battle forums! Shoot, I was itching to use Cav-El too lol

And, nah, I don't think it'll be 127-martial arts Batman either, but I would like to see to have a Batman that clearly radiates dominance and master class skill. And I really hope his age isn't something they focus too much on. Ben could easily play Batman for another 10-15 years if he stays in shape.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame Disney scooped up The Raid fight choreographers. Imagine Batman fighting with direction like that....glorious.....though, i'm equally excited to see their work in Star Wars lol

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd be much stronger and more skilled than Bale's Batman for sure. He won't be as skilled as Batman from the Arkham franchise due to Batfleck being aged up but he's definitely going to hit harder and his fighting style would be better than the one in Arrow.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 frozen  Moderator

@saren: Actually the new rumor is that it's attached to the superbowl

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A mixture of arkham and tdkr animated film.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I can't wait to use Batfleck in the battle forums! Shoot, I was itching to use Cav-El too lol

And, nah, I don't think it'll be 127-martial arts Batman either, but I would like to see to have a Batman that clearly radiates dominance and master class skill. And I really hope his age isn't something they focus too much on. Ben could easily play Batman for another 10-15 years if he stays in shape.

I can already tell Batfleck will be used a lot in the battle forums, vs Captain America and him in his armor vs Iron Man and probably Thor and Hulk too.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

Oh yeah, I'm not going to hold back with the matchmaking once Batfleck is out. I'll be even more tempted to use him once they release clips of his fighting pre-movie release.

I think it will definitely be a masterclass Batman --- even in DKR, when they did focus on his age, he was still far more skilled than most. He might have the robotic enhancements.

ManDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

@frozen said:

I can already tell Batfleck will be used a lot in the battle forums, vs Captain America and him in his armor vs Iron Man and probably Thor and Hulk too.

Batman vs Ozymandias.

Delicious.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want Batman to be so skilled in the movies, to the point where he literally has mastered all the martial arts, as his comic counterpart. The only thing I want his fighting style to be is a combination of Muay Thai, Krav Maga, Karate and maybe some Taekwando as well, combined with speed, agility and strenght, and that, for me, is more than enough to be entertained.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

There's also a good chance we'll see him be able to do this:

No Caption Provided

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@farkam said:

The rumor is WB is going to attach it to Jupiter Ascending to boost that movie's profile, but as far as I know that hasn't been confirmed.

The chance of this happening is really the main reason I'm going to see this in the theater. :P

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@farkam said:

The chance of this happening is really the main reason I'm going to see this in the theater. :P

I'm going anyway; I'd like to see the BvS trailer if it's attached but I also think new sci-fi ventures should be encouraged. Unfortunately, it seems like the movie's going to bomb. Oh well. At least there's Kingsman the week after.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@saren said:

@farkam said:

I'm going anyway; I'd like to see the BvS trailer if it's attached but I also think new sci-fi ventures should be encouraged. Unfortunately, it seems like the movie's going to bomb. Oh well. At least there's Kingsman the week after.

Yeah, I get the same feeling, but it does look like it will be a fun one. As does Kingsman.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I dislike Affleck as a man... Hope i wont dislike him as a Bat.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rogueshadow  Moderator

I'd have his physicals be about MCU The Winter Soldier Level. They should go full Ip Man with his skills, though I don't want that style of fighting with crazy high kicks and agility, swift and precise attacks combined with the visceral and skill style of films like the Raid, Bourne Trilogy, A Company Man etc. I think he should be more skilled than basically everybody in Arrow, maybe Deathstroke and Ghul will be on his level, but he should really be at a level where he would trash Ollie.

This is a world where dozens of guys on par with Man of Steel are going to exist, he needs every possible tool at his disposal to compete.

As to exo-suits, I like the suit they've got for him, of what sh*tty quality vids we've seen, though I hope it has a mouth guard that extends down. I'd love to see about 10 suits in the batcave, especially the thrasher armour, which I really enjoyed.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Usha
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, based on what we seen in the final BvS trailer, we can say that this Batman is like comics and video games.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonez_

He will probably be a more acrobatic Ozymandias.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Alexander505

His striking power and speed is great, I don't know how agile Snyder Batman is, but would be nice to see acrobatics skill too. His brutal strength is still unknown, but in the trailer he threw away in the air a thug like he was nothing, so he should be stronger than any human being, like in the comics. We don't know his reflexes, if he's able to dodging bullets, but he look like a good example of peak human being.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He punched a dude so hard he did a front flip and his head got stuck in the ground.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Alexander505

He punched a dude so hard he did a front flip and his head got stuck in the ground.

He's probably dead.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By kcomicfan

Batfleck's fighting style in the BVS trailer was awesome.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505: Nah. Comic book humans don't die from blows like that.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can he beat Cap?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just have him be agile and quick but strong. Not look like a nitwit like in the Nolan movies.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like Snyder made this Batman into a psychopath. It doesn't even seem like this version of Batman holds back like the comic or Arkham version. I mean, sure, Snyder makes brutal fight scenes, but Jesus Christ man, Batfleck literally punched a guy so hard his head went straight through wood, that's more than enough force to break someone's neck without. Either way, this version of Batman looks badass as hell.

Anyway, if you're going to make a psycothic portrayal of Batman, at last have him punching people's head through wood and make it look badass as hell! Lol

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By linsanel_Doctor
    No Caption Provided

He definitely killed the last henchman

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rogueshadow  Moderator

The guy is monstrous. It's like he's so skilled he's above form, he's just a machine of pure carnage.

We need, need, need DEATHSTROKE.

Joe Mangianello vs Ben Affleck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.