BatCon [PLEASE REPLY]

#1 Posted by BatCon (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everybody,

I'm using this forum as somewhat of a "Reaction Page". I have an idea, and I would appreciate it very much if I could get some honest feedback from all of you guys. Here's the question:

What would your reaction be if I told there is a Batman-themed convention being planned as we speak. Being held (POSSIBLY) next July in Chicago, IL, USA, the 3 day convention would high-light 2 days of Q and A's from the cast/directors of the most recent Batman (The Dark Knight) Trilogy, cosplay competitions, Batman-related booths/vendors, Batman video-game-competitions, Gotham-City-themed-food, and a whole day (what we're calling Movie Marathon Monday), where we rent out a 4200 seat theater to sit down and watch Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises in one day (don't worry; there will be intermissions in between each movie!).

If you can, PLEASE reply below with a simple answer like "Yes!", "Eh. . .", "Nah, I'm good.", etc.

Again, I appreciate any feedback, especially quick (i.e. by the end of August)!

Thanks

#2 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

If I lived in Chicago I would probably check it out.

#3 Posted by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@batcon: I would do Batcon, but you make it seem that Batman is all Nolan with some extra stuff...If you focused on TV Shows, and Comics which would be more relevant especially in a years time where Nolan is the past. In fact I would rather see a first showing the most upcoming Batman project than the Nolan trilogy since I have seen them all in a row (when Rises came out). Oh and planning it in California would make things easier for me to attend

#4 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6464 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say why is there a con with just Batman. Then I'd say Chris Nolan's gonna be there? Then I'd go give him a piece of my mind about Rises. Then ask him to sign my Dark Knight Trilogy Blu-Ray boxset. Then I'd sit in and watch all the Nolan movies and eat Catwoman ( Cause the Gotham themed food....wink wink). Then I'd go home and be satisfied with my life. But then I'd wake up from this dream and realize I live in California and I can't go the end.

#5 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: THIS EXACTLY!!! Except the part about give him a piece of my mind about Rises. I liked Rises.

#6 Posted by DTSLanternCorps (240 posts) - - Show Bio

So pretty much Superman Celebration?

#7 Posted by DTSLanternCorps (240 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, i rather watch the Batman animated movies over the nolan ones.

#8 Posted by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Jayc1324 (13430 posts) - - Show Bio

To answer the op question, yes I would go to this

#10 Posted by dcdyno (130 posts) - - Show Bio

id go

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.