Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Bat Family Generations...

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Durakken

I'm probably the only one that looks at the Bat-family and thinks of it in generational terms...

<<Gen 1>>

1. Bruce Wayne
    2. Selina Kyle
    3. Katherine Webb-Kane

<<Gen 2>>

1. Dick Grayson
    2. Mary Elizabeth Kane
    3. Barbara Gordon
    4. Jason Todd
    5. Helena Bertinelli
    6. Tim Drake
    7. Holly Robinson
    8. Cassandra Cain

<<Gen 3>>

1. Stephanie Brown
    2. Charlotte Gage-Radcliffe
    3. Tad Ryerstad
    4. Damian Wayne
    5. Wendy Harris
    6. Kitrina Falcone
    7. Katherine Rebecca Kane
    8. Sasha (Scarlet)

This covers every character involved with the Bat-family who has a costume/Secret ID/was a Protege of one of the Bat-family save for one... Sasha Bordeaux who I don't quite consider part of the Bat-family. Obviously this isn't "true of the new52" but meh. Most of you probably don't know who all of these people are and some of you may argue that because they didn't appear in x position long they aren't in there... So let's break it down a lil

Katherine Webb-Kane = Batwoman I who should be considered equivalent to Batman or even perhaps a generation prior if you consider that she is his Aunt and with canon Thomas did appear in a bat suit ^.^ Mary Elizabeth Kane is the first Bat-Girl and eventually Flamebird... why she is play side-kick to Katherine Rebecca Kane is meh, but yeah... they obviously are something like a side Bat-family...

Selina Kyle = Catwoman... She like Batwoman could be said to have a branch family with Holly Robinson who was Catwoman for a while and Kitrina Falcone was/is/was going to be her Side-kick as Catgirl! Helena Bertinelli could be seen as part of this family or the Bat-family or another side branch or whatever.

I don't have to explain most of the rest, but I will following the Grayson branch and the Oracle/Batgirl branch.

Barbara Gordon took on 3 protege's Stephanie Brown as Batgirl, Charlotte Gage-Radcliffe as Misfit, and Wendy Harris as Proxy... I say that make them part of the family... though one can argue that Steph entered in earlier as Robin or Spoiler, but i think she really entered it with Batgirl...

Just to cover it... Scarlet is Jason's side-kick that never got a chance past her first arc and she would have had an awesome character development. I was wanting to see that grrr DCnU

Now for Grayson... Tad Ryerstad was Nite-Wing and was half protege/half stalker/whole idiot. I don't need to explain anyone else, but while I was thinking about this I realized something...

Grayson's first "side-kick" was Tim Drake who Grayson feels somewhat the same way as Bruce looks at Dick...

His second side-kick... Tad... a total failure and ended up as anything but ideal... one might say that Tad is Dick's Jason

His third side-kick... Damian. The perfect fit for Dick... just like Tim is for Bruce.

Interesting little thing that accidentally happened there with Dick. I wonder if a DC editor might pick this up and run with the idea thus creating a 4th side-kick on the Grayson's branch...

PS...yes I am trying to not say what you think I am trying to avoid saying lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.