Bane / Blackfire

#1 Posted by awol89 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm still pretty new to Batman and its possible I've missed the point completely but I'll just put this out there...

Acc to the Knightfall Saga Bane is the first supervillain who 'broke' the Batman, literally and otherwise. But didn't Deacon Blackfire already do that in The Cult? Years ago?

Hoping someone can answer this, it's driving me crazy...

Cheers!

#2 Posted by AweSam (7059 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Deacon brainwash him? Bane broke his back.

#3 Posted by awol89 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

That's my point. Blackfire broke him mentally and Batman was powerless to fight back. Bane did more physical damage (although there was a strong psychological element too.)

#4 Posted by AweSam (7059 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Bane did more damage. The Cult was a short and long forgotten story. Knightfall was pretty much burned into Batman's history since it had a lasting effect.

#5 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Bane has the edge anyway, as he at least temporarily broke him mentally and physically, which is what he set out to do at the start.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.