Baltimore Comic-Con Interview with Peter J Tomasi

#1 Edited by djotaku (440 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by djotaku (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Oops...the article just went offline temporarily. I'll post back here when it's up again.

edit: It appears to be up again. I can't wait to hear what others think!

#3 Posted by longbowhunter (5864 posts) - - Show Bio

The link worked for me. Cool article. I'm a big fan of Tomasi's. I read his Nightwing run and his work on GL Corps has always been top notch. He's probably DC's best workhorse. Not a star, just a damn fine writer of superhero comics.

#4 Posted by djotaku (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

The link worked for me. Cool article. I'm a big fan of Tomasi's. I read his Nightwing run and his work on GL Corps has always been top notch. He's probably DC's best workhorse. Not a star, just a damn fine writer of superhero comics.

You know what's the crazy thing about what you just wrote vs what I saw at Baltimore Comic-Con? He had the shortest lines at BCC. Based on that experience he might be DC's most under-rated writer. Scott Snyder had (DESERVEDLY) insanely long lines. But Tomasi seemed to always have the shortest lines of the DC Creators.

I've never read his Nightwing run, but I'll have to check it out. I just got back into comics last year and before that my only DC knowledge was Batman: The Animated Series.

#5 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Baltimore Comic-Con..because it is a COMIC con..not a pop culture con. No Star Trek/Star Wars/Twilight/Harry Potter. It's what a Comic-con should be. I did get Snyder and Capullo to sign, after two hours. Frank Quietly also had big lines. However, I got some good face to face time with some "old-timers" may be less popular now (Paul Levit, Greg LaRoche, even Mark Waid and Cliff Chiang were easy to get to..and Waid is every bit as good as Snyder IMHO.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.