Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Babs, Cass Cain, Steph, and Hellena Bertinelli (Spoilers)

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

There's maybe still a chance for Cassandra Cain, in the new 52!...even tho, at this point, i'm kinda doubtfull, due to Dan Didio flat out disliking the character...anyway, first of all, you have to read this:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/127427-is-the-world-ready-for-new-52-cassandra-cain.html

So after the arrival of the "Batman: Futures End" solicitations, it looks like, there will be 4 Bagirls in Gotham...yeah, that's right, 4 Batgirls!...the first, is a mix of Barbara Gordon with Bane, and the other 3...well, it's anyone's guess...if i had to bet, i would say, they are: Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, and Hellena Bertinelli.

Now, as a Cassandra Cain fan, this gives me hope, specially because "Batman: Futures End" takes place 5 years later...so maybe that's why she hasn't been re-introduced yet...we have to wait and see, but with Dan Didio, we never know for sure.

But this is all speculation, what do you people think?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Here is the image with the 4 Batgirls:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The one that looks like a Bane-Girl, it's Barbara Gordon, as for the others, in my opinion, the Batgirl on the left side, it's Stephanie Brown, the one on the center it's Cassandra Cain, and the other one, it's Hellena Bertinelli

@rustyroy@jayc1324@lordofthenorth

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you,while your theory is plausible and it would definitely be awesome,they could be entirely new characters as well. My personal prediction is them being Knightfall and her girls.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you,while your theory is plausible and it would definitely be awesome,they could be entirely new characters as well. My personal prediction is them being Knightfall and her girls.

this is exactly what my theory is....I'm almost 90% sure that one of them is Knightfall

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

this is exactly what my theory is....I'm almost 90% sure that one of them is Knightfall

Yeah that would make the most sense.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I'm also kind of thinking that Steph isn't in there either...she's just barely returned in Eternal and still hasn't became Spoiler and they're teasing a future where she's Batgirl? Doesn't Didio hate Steph?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@danhimself said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I'm also kind of thinking that Steph isn't in there either...she's just barely returned in Eternal and still hasn't became Spoiler and they're teasing a future where she's Batgirl? Doesn't Didio hate Steph?

He does,didn't even allow her to show up in a non canon comic,it's one of the reasons why I dislike DC so much these days. The men in power there have made it too personal.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
    @entropy_aegis said:

@danhimself said:

@entropy_aegis said:

He does,didn't even allow her to show up in a non canon comic,it's one of the reasons why I dislike DC so much these days. The men in power there have made it too personal.

then there was the whole Young Justice fiasco

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@danhimself said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yeah, you're probably right, DC would rather introduce new character's than re-introduce the ones that they consider as "toxic"...it's ridiculous!...i can't wait untill the Didio and the geoff jonhs gang, to leave DC's "control room".

Knightfall?...interesting, but what Batgirl would she be?...the Bane-Girl is Babs, that i know, because it has been confirmed, and she is also the leader of the team, as for the other 3 knightfall could only be the brunette one, but i don't belive "Bane-Babs" would allow her / want her, on her team.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yeah, you're probably right, DC would rather introduce new character's than re-introduce the ones that they consider as "toxic"...it's ridiculous!...i can't wait untill the Didio and the geoff jonhs gang, to leave DC's "control room".

Knightfall?...interesting, but what Batgirl would she be?...the Bane-Girl is Babs, that i know, because it has been confirmed, and she is also the leader of the team, as for the other 3 knightfall could only be the brunette one, but i don't belive "Bane-Babs" would allow her / want her, on her team.

a lot could have changed in that 5 years....plus like I said above I'm pretty sure that Steph isn't one of them either...she was just brought back in Eternal and hasn't even started as Spoiler yet....I really doubt that they would have her as a Batgirl in the Future's End timeline...also I don't really blame Johns for any of this...he's all about bringing unused characters back and making them big....it's Didio who's the problem...he's stated before that he doesn't like Cass or Steph...he let's his personal preferences get in the way of giving fans what they want

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, it most likely isn't her. Mostly because didio doesn't like her and she has been replaced with a fee other characters already like stryx. I wouldn't mind seeing her return but its doubtful, and those could easily be new characters.

I do think it's very stupid how one guys pointless hatred prevents thousands of people from enjoying a character. That's juts selfish and immature.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@danhimself said:

@entropy_aegis said:

a lot could have changed in that 5 years....plus like I said above I'm pretty sure that Steph isn't one of them either...she was just brought back in Eternal and hasn't even started as Spoiler yet....I really doubt that they would have her as a Batgirl in the Future's End timeline...also I don't really blame Johns for any of this...he's all about bringing unused characters back and making them big....it's Didio who's the problem...he's stated before that he doesn't like Cass or Steph...he let's his personal preferences get in the way of giving fans what they want

I know, and i agree, i just hope you're wrong on this one :D

Johns should be kept away from everything Bat-related...i don't know if you've read Forever Evil, just look, at Batman's poor portrayal in the last issue of Forever Evil...Johns is making him look like an immature side-kick, in favour of Luthor! it's maddning...i just stop caring about whatever happens on the JLA...that is, untill Luthor turns evil again, or they just kick him out.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@jayc1324 said:

Honestly, it most likely isn't her. Mostly because didio doesn't like her and she has been replaced with a fee other characters already like stryx. I wouldn't mind seeing her return but its doubtful, and those could easily be new characters.

I do think it's very stupid how one guys pointless hatred prevents thousands of people from enjoying a character. That's juts selfish and immature.

This, pretty much.

And just wait untill the new characters that he "allowed" into the new 52, are portrayed in a way that he doesn't like to, or start to get a big fan base, and they'll drop them all on the limbo.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I'm against the whole "mantle" and "other versions of the hero" so i dont like the idea of Batgirl.....

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@punyparker said:

I'm against the whole "mantle" and "other versions of the hero" so i dont like the idea of Batgirl.....

If the main heroes did it too, DC wouldn't need a crisis like event (like flashpoint) every now an then, to de-age the characters...xD

But when i think about Dick Grayson or Tim Drake or any other becoming Batman, makes me want to kill myself...Bruce will always be Batman...and he should be...and that's why in a few years, there will probably take place, another crisis like event xD

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

If the main heroes did it too, DC wouldn't need a crisis like event (like flashpoint) every now an then, to de-age the characters...xD

But when i think about Dick Grayson or Tim Drake or any other becoming Batman, makes me want to kill myself...Bruce will always be Batman...and he should be...and that's why in a few years, there will probably take place, another crisis like event xD

they don't need to do that anyway...Marvel doesn't and it's working fine for them

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, as much as I adore Cass, I'm glad she's not in the New 52. DC editorial hates her, and I feel like a new incarnation of her would not be kind to (or even particularly resemble in any way) the character that I love.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

THANK you.
    I mostly said it about Bats.

@bat_girl_cc said:

@punyparker said:

they don't need to do that anyway...Marvel doesn't and it's working fine for them

Thanks to you too.
    I never liked Spider-Girl ,or Woman,or whoever,even Miles......takes away from the character.....look at Iron Man......he has become one of the many....Stark has lost his unique-ness.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: @entropy_aegis:

I also want to add, that i just remembered, that Gail Simone, on March or April, said on twitter, that finally she has been allowed to writte a character, that she has been trying to writte from the past 3 years or so...Cassie's last appearence was in 2011...and it's public knowledge that Gail Simone already tryed to re-introduce Cassie into the new 52 but DC didn't let her...she even said last year "if no-one is going to use her, i will"...and a few days later, she got fired...coincidence?...i don't think so!...anyway, this could also be evidence, that Cassie can in fact, be one of the Batgirls in the image.

Avatar image for themusicmeister
    TheMusicMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so I like her and would like to see her return.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so I like her and would like to see her return.

I'm with you bro :)

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

I was thinking about this the other day...and i came to some conclusions, that got me a little worried...

1) we already know that Cassandra Cain won't be appearing on DC Futures End weekly year long series, because the characters that will be appearing, have already been spoiled by DC, and sadly, Cassie is not one of them.

2) Both Batman: Futures End #1 and Batgirl: Futures End, #1, only have one issue each...so even if Cassie does appear...(it looks like she will)...that's only 1 or 2 issues.

3) The 3rd and final conclusion, it's also the most disturbing one...even tho, i will be guessing on this one a bit...(thank God, i'm not sure of this...)...it seems pretty obvious that the whole Futures End arc, it's about a bunch of possible futures, made to cause sensation on the readers, and that probably will never become reality...the plot for the whole event is about Batman Beyond travelling to the past to prevent this possible futures from happening, and probably he will do it...because let's face it, most of the scenarios DC presented on their solicitations, can only be assumed as breef changes, due to them being way too radical...like Bane-Babs...it's probably gonna be just another end-of-the-world story arc, that in the end will only result of developing more storylines...just like Trinity war and Forever Evil...and if so, wouldn't this be an easy excuse not to write a character ever again in this continuity?...since they will use a character on a issue from a possible future that will never actually happen?...Cassandra Cain appearing on this issue, can also be a way from Dan Didio to shut up the fans, and get rid of Cassie in the process...what do you guys think?...and please tell me i'm wrong, and hallucinating.

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought for sure that Harper Row was the one in the middle actually.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@magmaster12 said:

I thought for sure that Harper Row was the one in the middle actually.

Good observation, could be, yes...(i hope it's Cassie...)...but Harper Row has like piercings on his nose, lips, and eyes, and neither of the batgirls on the image do.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

##

@danhimself said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Nope, a Batgirl: Futures End 1 preview came out recently, and:

No Caption Provided

Steph looks way older than Cass and Nell, who still look like 14...(i don't think it's Nell either, she's supposed to be 20+ right now, so no way she's that young in 5 years from now...but, then again, Babs is also supposed to be 20+ and on Batgirl 35 she looks like 14 as well, so...)... and this takes place 5 years from now.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

##

@entropy_aegis said:

@danhimself said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Nope, a Batgirl: Futures End 1 preview came out recently, and:

No Caption Provided

Steph looks way older than Cass and Nell, who still look like 14...(i don't think it's Nell either, she's supposed to be 20+ right now, so no way she's that young in 5 years from now...but, then again, Babs is also supposed to be 20+ and on Batgirl 35 she looks like 14 as well, so...)... and this takes place 5 years from now.

here's the thing....we still don't know that they're Steph and Cass yet...they don't say names in this preview....plus we had a Blackbat in Batwing: Future's End

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

Well, i've been thinking about this, and i won't be able to seriously think about anything else until september 10th xD...and...if one of them is Cass...then, the other, can't be Cass...because the "Black Bat" that appeared on Batwing: Futures End 1, is way older than the Batgirl that resembles Cass on Batgirl: Futures End 1...so, since all Futures End tie-ins, and the whole Futures End timeline, is 5 years from now...they can't possibly be the same person...not to mention the different faces, hair-colour, etc...(which i could actually ignore, and blame bad art-work...but still...)...

The point is, this is bad and good...if i could choose, i would choose the "Batgirl" that resembles Cass more, to be her...but if Cass proves to be the "Black Bat" one, well, at least she did came back...but since we still have no confirmation of either, i still hope to go to dccomicsfacebook this wednsday, and see one of their "this just happened" with an article of Cass return...we have to wait and see...but i'm super excited for this! :)

If Wednsday no-one confirms this, then Cass is most likely the "Black Bat" one...though, since the last preview of Batgirl: Futures End 1, came, i found myself hoping that the Black Bat thing, was a writting mistake, and that Cass is the "Batgirl" one.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The blonde is steph for sure the costume looks just like pre new 52 steph batgirl, and I really would not be surprised if cass is one of the three. Also why are people saying it can't be steph bc she just became spoiler.....this is five years from now so it's not hard to believe she becomes batgirl 3 or 4 years from now

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The blonde is steph for sure the costume looks just like pre new 52 steph batgirl, and I really would not be surprised if cass is one of the three. Also why are people saying it can't be steph bc she just became spoiler.....this is five years from now so it's not hard to believe she becomes batgirl 3 or 4 years from now

This.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Spoilers:

Cass has just returned! :)

No Caption Provided

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: awesome!, how was the character, did she seem like the old cass we all know or a totally different character going by the same name?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: awesome!, how was the character, did she seem like the old cass we all know or a totally different character going by the same name?

I wish i could tell you!...but i will only be able to read it tomorrow.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

I'll get back to this when I read the issue think Carrie would of been better to use then Helena.

Oh! about that...i was kinda of desperate to know if Cass would be on it, so i searched everywhere for clues, and i ended up by finding a review, on which, among other things, i saw that:

it's not Nell...it's Tiffany Fox! sister of the second Batwing (Luke Fox) and daughter of Wayne Enterprises CEO Lucius Fox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot twist, its a different Cassandra.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@jayc1324 said:

Plot twist, its a different Cassandra.

Did i missed something?

Obviously, there was alot going on in this issue, and it was way too much for it to countain a plausible explanation for everything...so of course, somethings felt rushed and forced, but it was good enough for me.

Cass was described as a total bada$$ who doesn't need weapons to kick some serious a$$...she was the one who talked less...and when she talked, it sounded more or less, like something that Cass would say...plus, Bane-babs mentioned that she has been through hell...that's Pre-New-52 Cass for ya, right there! :)

Even tho, it bothers me, that her full name wasn't mentioned "Cassandra cain"...the "cain" is missing...i hope that David Cain is still her father, but now, i'm wondering...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.