Awesome Toy Picks: The Dark Knight Rises 1:12 Scale Batman & Catwoman Statues

Posted by G-Man (32081 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we take a look at some comic book collectibles that you might want to pick up for yourself. Normally we lean more towards action figures but this week we're going to look at some statues. Back in February we did take a look at some of the comic book statues in my collection (we will take a look at the rest some day).

With the coming release of The Dark Knight Rises, we're seeing more Batman merchandise become available. This week we're going to look at a couple statues from the movie from DC Collectibles.

There are three different statues in this line. We'll be looking at Batman and Catwoman. There's also one for Bane.

== TEASER ==

These statues will be in stores soon. You can also get them directly from DC's online store. Batman can be pre-ordered here, Catwoman here and Bane here. They all have separate release dates so make a note of that and each retails for $79.95.

The nice thing about the 1:12 scale is they don't take up a lot of space. If you already have a few different pieces, you know how quickly your display space starts to run out.

Let's take a look at Batman first. Each image can be clicked on if you want an even bigger size.

As you can see, he stands on a Bat-emblem for the base. If you're going to have a Batman statue, he has to be standing in the right imposing stance. You can see the detail of his costume from the movie. Let me just say I didn't quite notice all the tiny pieces of styrofoam sticking to to him from the packaging.

Now it's time to take a look at Catwoman. You can see she's not exactly standing on a base but is walking down some stairs. You get the impression that she's obviously up to something a she sneaks around.

We've seen images and footage of Anne Hathaway but here you can see the detail of her costume.

The statues are in scale with each other so you can display them in the same area. But when you do put them facing each other, you have to wonder what they might be thinking.

That's it for this week. We'll have another Batman-related collectible next week as well. Be sure to keep an eye out for that.

Staff
#1 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

shotty design, poor chaftsmanship and i dont recall hathaway having such a big a$$.

#2 Posted by HortonDrawsAWho (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't explain why but from a design standpoint I HATE that the heels are white/ silver? and not just black like the rest of the boot. They keep making me think of sabertooth tiger fangs.

#3 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say, I do like how Hathaway's costume has taken elements from Julie Newmar's catwoman look on 60's Batman.

#4 Posted by sentryman555 (764 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the pose they have Batman in. It has that "come at me bro!" look to it lol. I don't agree with the person above saying its a shotty design and poor craftsmanship. Their is a lot of details in the costumes and I like the texture of catwoman's outfit.

#5 Posted by btmt (222 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the Awesome Statue of BATMAN.

#6 Posted by Wonder Princess (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Catwoman statue and Batman looks nice too. The heels are silver because her boots are fitted with "Claw" heels she uses as a weapon.

#7 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, I thought I'd be more accepting of Hathaway at this point, but I'm still not ok with it. Either way, Batman looks badass.

#8 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

batman looks alright but god damn i will never like that horrible catsuit/hathaway catwoman

#9 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

$80 ?? That is a joke.

#10 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

80$ ?

Well it is really expensive for somehting that will become full of dust.

#11 Posted by Galiant (3 posts) - - Show Bio

The poor details in their faces are really off-putting. It's probably my favorite bat suit though!

#12 Posted by fireexit (2 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really for die hard collectors, Cat Woman looks creepy.

#13 Posted by AssInAss (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

batman looks alright but god damn i will never like that horrible catsuit/hathaway catwoman

Anything's better than this sexist outfit where her zipper goes all the way down:

#14 Posted by Alucard_N7 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The Catwoman statue is horrible!

#15 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3526 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hathaway as Catwoman looks great. Very reminiscent of Julie Newmar as Catwoman?

#16 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7667 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad

#17 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman looks pretty good but Catwoman's face seems off.

#18 Posted by MrMazz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

I am digging the Batman statue and the Bane one from the DC site. Catwoman not so much something about it seems kinda plain. Also what is with the silver/metal heal points on her heels?

Are we going to get to see some Bane figures soon?

#19 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing this reminds me why I love thigh high boots so much.

#20 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like Val kilmer's face instead of Bale, Catwoman's expression, as Batman's looks ...bizarre.

#21 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I think Hathaway as Catwoman looks great. Very reminiscent of Julie Newmar as Catwoman?

Only problem is that was in the 60s this is 2012, just Like Batman & Robin it was very much like the 60s series and people hated that movie.

#22 Posted by Razeil (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

shotty design, poor chaftsmanship and i dont recall hathaway having such a big a$$.

It's shoddy not shotty but I agree wholeheartedly

#23 Posted by MasterDetective (831 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, I prefer action figures

#24 Edited by CommanderZx2 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

6 inch tall statues for $80 each? You can get higher quality statues that are around 9 to 10 inches tall for that amount.

#25 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

omg catwoman is zipped all the way up.

#26 Posted by DrHon (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@HortonDrawsAWho: thats exactly the same thought that came to my head! :D

#27 Posted by CrashLanden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Those look awesome. Can't wait for the movie.

#28 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

The sculpts don't look that bad (depending on price) but the poses look pretty dumb.

#29 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

my my his cod piece is pronounced

#30 Edited by teamextrodinary15 (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is everyone being so hard on Anne? I think she will do great and I actually like the suit! but thats just me.

#31 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

@teamextrodinary15 said:

Why is everyone being so hard on Anne? I think she will do great and I actually like the suit! but thats just me.

I agree. Its like when Ledger was cast as the Joker. He didn't look like the Joker, his make up wasn't like the joker's. But people loved him as the Joker. I am willing to wait and see and give Nolan's the benefit of the doubt before I judge, other than to say that I think she looks good as Catwoman so far.

#32 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Not liking these.

#33 Posted by Zuckuss_02 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Why couldn't they have used this version of Catwoman

#34 Edited by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

"I love you Catwoman. But you are a criminal, and I CAN`T love a criminal!

"Forget all that non-sense my caped loved one, and hold me! Kiss me!"

"I would want to, but I just can`t! I CAN`T!"

"...

Okay then! Screw you!"

@AssInAss said:

@DH69 said:

Anything's better than this sexist outfit where her zipper goes all the way down:

Where is that from? Some anime-show?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.