Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Awesome Toy Picks: BATMAN: LI'L GOTHAM Batman Action Figure

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. We are now entering the gift-giving season. There's a lot of people that like Batman. This week's selection is a great item for yourself or the Bat-fan in your lives--BATMAN: LI'L GOTHAM Batman action figure.

No Caption Provided

BATMAN: LI'L GOTHAM was a digital and print comic by Dustin Nguyen and Derek Fridolfs. DC Collectibles is releasing a line of figures in the style of the comic series. We will be looking at the others, but figured we'd focus on Batman first.

You'll notice the art on the package that makes it stand out from your average Batman figure.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The figure stands about 4" tall. There are four figures in the line right now. You can get them at your local comic shop or directly from DC's online store HERE. The retail price is $14.95. You can see the other figures in the line below.

No Caption Provided

There isn't a huge amount of articulation but I sometimes think too much can get in the way of the design of the figure. Having limited articulation gives the figure a slightly simple look but there is a great amount or detail that really captures the feel of the character from the series.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He has a slightly weathered look to him. Usually, figures are crisp and clean. This figure looks like he's seen some action on the streets of Gotham, li'l or full size.

His arms do move and don't just go up and down. You can also move them slightly to the sides.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can also see the molded design of the cape. They made a wise decision in giving the cape some wrinkles rather than just make it laying straight down his back.

The figures in this line all come with an accessory, of sorts. The Batman figure comes with an extra hand holding a grappling gun.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The other nice thing about this figure is the size. Most current Batman figures are around 7". There is something about having a slightly smaller figure that still has plenty of detail (there are the Batman Multiverse figures from Mattel that are okay). When it comes to buying collectibles these days, I don't know about you but I'm running out of room for displaying them.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This figure does look a little squat but he also looks like he's built like a tank. You can't deny he's a little on the cute side but still looks tough as nails. He is the Dark Knight after all.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

With the holidays just around the corner, this is a great item to put on your wish list or something you could pick up for yourself or those who still don't have a decent Batman figure in their collection. Check out DC's website and place your order.

We will look at the other figures in the line. Be sure to check our next installment to see what item is featured next.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Gritty, yet adorable.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Precious.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

It's cute. Li'l Harley looks like the best one though.

Since Batman doesn't like it when Damian uses swords I would really like to see him start using baseball bats in the comics.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cute...

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

o man that's adorable and fierce

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Hate to be the Debbie downer of this forum after so may comments said they loved it, but I really don't like it. The shape is weird and uhhh batman has a bit of a buldge...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

@deadcool_xd: Are you saying you don't like the shape or you don't like the bulge? Or both? If you've read LI'L GOTHAM, you'd maybe like it more? And it's okay if you don't like it. At least you're being respectful to those that do. Everyone doesn't have to like everything.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deadcool_XD

@g_man:

...gman that is not what I mean by bulge take another look at the figure...

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man:

Both, I don't think lil Gotham transitions well into toys. I'm gonna listen to this sites rules and not post any image, but this comic figure is recalled toy biz punisher all over again.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lurkero

Although this Batman figure looks adorable, I'm not a fan of wide Batman. I prefer a lean build

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man:

Both, I don't think lil Gotham transitions well into toys. I'm gonna listen to this sites rules and not post any image, but this comic figure is recalled toy biz punisher all over again.

Gah! I just googled that! My eyes! The goggles, they do nothing!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: I assumed you were talking about the bulge below his belt...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.