Awesome Toy Picks: Aardman BATMAN Figure

Posted by G-Man (31845 posts) - - Show Bio

Every week we take a look at a cool comic book collectible and see how it stacks up outside of the packaging. This week, we're looking at the New York Comic Con exclusive Aardman Batman action figure.

If you've watched DC Nation on Cartoon Network (when it airs), you've likely seen the animated shorts with Batman and company. This figure is designed by Rich Webber and sculpted by Phil Ramirez. Aardman is the "British brains behind Wallace and Gromit."

Will you be able to open this box to set the figure free?

I did set him free. This Batman was unleashed upon the world so you could check him out in action.

Of course as an action figure, you can't say it really is capable of too much action. The arms move and head can be rotated. It is a very solid figure. It also looks as if it were made out of clay. It definitely grows on you the more it just sits there staring at you.

He also comes with a batarang.

It's not clear if this will remain an exclusive to NYCC. Originally I thought it would be sold at DC's online shop. I'm curious if we'll see any others from the shorts.

For now, it looks like you might have to head over to ebay to find one of these for yourself if you didn't get one at NYCC.

As a bonus, I thought we'd also take a look at the Batman Computer Sitter. This is still available at DC's online shop. It's only $12 and is even a sort of a bobble head.

It fits nicely on most monitors but also a couple sticky pads to keep it from sliding off.

Update

Sadly, the website says it's currently out of stock!

I'd imagine they would definitely be getting more in stock. You should also be able to find it at other places.

That's if for this week. We'll be sure to have more toys to free from their packaging next week!

Staff
#1 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the computer sitter, but the Aardman batman… I never really liked it. I have nothing against it. It just was an odd short. Not funny, not Actiony… just kinda there.

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that Aardman Batman figure seems just too good to be kept as a NYCC exclusive...but namely because I want one now! That Bobblehead Batman is truly awesome too even if its sold out.

#3 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

WHOA G-Man you gotta check you're Inbox man! lol

#4 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

1,261 PMs! People love you, eh? :) And as for batman, that's a weird-looking batman.

#5 Posted by dboy4dashing (85 posts) - - Show Bio

The proud moment when you actually already have the batman sitter bobblehead. :D

#6 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

The Aardman Batman is horrifying.

#7 Posted by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

1261 messages O: That Aardman Batman is pretty awesome :D

#8 Posted by judasnixon (6425 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY!?! WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE A DOWN'S SYNDROME BATMAN?!? I BLAME WARREN ELLIS!!!

#9 Posted by NightFang (9967 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

WHOA G-Man you gotta check you're Inbox man! lol

I was about to say the same thing.

#10 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't get a good haul from NYCC huh? this was almost as bad as the chitauri figure you covered

#11 Posted by fluffypigeons (258 posts) - - Show Bio

look at how many messages he has....

#12 Posted by therafalee (26 posts) - - Show Bio

The Aardman Batman look something you eat at a kids birthday.

#13 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3722 posts) - - Show Bio

8 D

#14 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

Subtle way to let the audience know that you are over run with emails and if you don't respond to theirs right away they should just keep calm because its not that you are ignoring them. You just get so many emails.

Wish that Aardman Batman was sold everywhere toys were sold. I and my brother love those segments. We would totally buy them. Batman, Robin, Superman, Joker, all of them.

#15 Posted by BritishMonkey (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Cute

#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BoyWander said:

I like the computer sitter, but the Aardman batman… I never really liked it. I have nothing against it. It just was an odd short. Not funny, not Actiony… just kinda there.

Pretty much my thoughts, the shorts aren't cute or anything they just kinda exist.

#17 Posted by SmashBrawler (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@BoyWander said:

Yeah, they're that one bad part of something you can't get rid of.

#18 Posted by G-Man (31845 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say, when I saw the figure announced, I wasn't too impressed. But seeing it and taking it out has given me a new appreciation. Also, it might help if you've watched the shorts, maybe?

Staff
#19 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i have nothing against claymation but was there really that much of a demand for this? The batman is the only decent looking one in the short imo. Though I will say like it or hate it did you REALLY have to put up like 20 pictures of it?

#20 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew, reminds me of Wallace & Gromitt...repressed memories of how creepy claymation is. And how much I don't get Brittish humor. Now excuse me, I must go.

#21 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

i would seriously consider that batman computer sitter...

#22 Posted by RazzaTazz (9579 posts) - - Show Bio
@fluffypigeons said:

look at how many messages he has....

I was probably the one person online
Moderator Online
#23 Posted by longbowhunter (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda like both if these. Hope they do a DC Nation Animal Man.

#24 Posted by JayMar89 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Those ardman shorts suck and so does this figure.

#25 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot wait to get this .... NNNAAAAAAHTTT

#26 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

AARDMAN BATMAN

the first time BATMAN looked dumb

#27 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

1261 messages............... Holy full inbox Batman!

Also I would LOVE to have a Dark Knight watching over my computer

#28 Posted by monitor_earthprime (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the ideas from DC Nation why this crap.

#29 Posted by briyen (16 posts) - - Show Bio

love it, love the dry humor as well but i get how it could be boring

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.