Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Arkhamverse timeline discussion

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Apparently Arkham Origins takes place in Batman's second year. Arkham Asylum takes place seven years later, and Arkham City is a year after Asylum.

In arkham asylum Barbara is Oracle, so I guess a killing Joke like story happened between the two games. Tim is Robin and 16 years old in Arkham City, and he seems to be fairly experienced. Dick is also shown to be Nightwing yet he is fairly unknown according to the challenge map villains, so he may have just started out in that identity.

What do you all think?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Well maybe year three Dick G came 12 and was Robin til he was 15 year 5ish and Jason was Robin during the year 6 and DitF happened then. Then maybe Tim became Robin as 15 during Asylum year. IDK this feels like the stupid New 52 timeline. Should of kept Dini(but I'm not complaining).

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's also batman beyond

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: As much as I like 12 year old Dick Grayson, that probably isn't the case here. More likely he got started at 15ish during the third year and quit at 18 during the 5th year. Technically this has more time than the New 52 timeline.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Dick Grayson is Robin in the second year based on Arkham Origins' multiplayer campaign. Not sure how old he's supposed to be. He could be 13 at the youngest, no older than 16 judging by his appearance.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes you say Arkham Asylum takes place 7 years later?

Personally, it seems like the Arkham Universe follows old DCU, which would be more like having Arkham Origins take place year two, Asylum at year 14, and Arkham City at year 15.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
    deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes you say Arkham Asylum takes place 7 years later?

Personally, it seems like the Arkham Universe follows old DCU, which would be more like having Arkham Origins take place year two, Asylum at year 14, and Arkham City at year 15.

The creators of Arkham Origins said that Arkham Asylum and City take place seven years later.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could it be possible that multiplayer mode happens after the campaign? Maybe a few years later?

As much as I like Robin, I hate when they try to introduce him too early in Batman's career.

kingmark14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would assume that Dick became robin not that long after Arkham Origins, maybe a year afterwards,based off the fact that in the game, there are posters advertising the Flying Graysons.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Black_Arrow

I don't think that Jason exists in this universe

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I don't think that Jason exists in this universe

yep

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By PunyParker

@soduh2: Dude,Origins screwed it up continuity wise......they use smartphones,and have hologram projectors in their gloves(Bats)

And it's 7(!!) yrs before Asylum?.....so what it is NOW,and asylum is seven yrs in the future?..

Also in 7(!!!) years,Dick,Jason,Tim became Robins,and Barbara,Batgirl,AND got shot at......all that.....in 7 years......get outta here.

Bring on Arkham 3,Rocksteady.

@ultrastarkillerHe was teased by Joker, so I think so.

Exacly.....Joker also teased Barbara being in a wheelchair and "it's like beating up a helpless boy,to death...HAHAHAHAHA!!!" in Arkham Asylum....in one of his,many, TV speeches.....(i always batarang-ed the TVS... :P )

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Year 2 - Origins; Barbara seemed to be about 15 years old. Batman and the Joker meet. Black Mask, Killer Croc, the Penguin, and Bane are all active.
    Years 3-6 - Barbara becomes Batgirl and is subsequently shot by the Joker; if I had to guess, I'd say that she became Batgirl in year 3 or 4 and was shot by the Joker at the beginning of year 6; this would have her operating as Oracle for a year at the time Arkham Asylum starts; I also like to think that Bruce took Dick as his Robin very shortly after the events of Origins (he was part of multiplayer mode so it's not inconceivable). Perhaps Dick acted as Robin from years 2-5 before giving up the role to Jason. Jason maybe is killed at the beginning of Year 6, around the time that Barbara is shot; I like to think that Tim became Robin either shortly before the events of Arkham Asylum or in between Asylum and City.

It's a bit rough, but that's my best guess for how the timeline would work. Seven years in a bit rough if you're trying to fit so much history in #thenew52.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Ya and in Asylum he said to Tim "didn't I kill you already" lol

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Ya and in Asylum he said to Tim "didn't I kill you already" lol

Yeah,but you mean in City.
    I remember in the challenge maps he delivered some awesome one liners,when you fought as Robin in his turf!

P.S. Joker rules. :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PunyParker

@supbatz said:

Year 2 - Origins; Barbara seemed to be about 15 years old. Batman and the Joker meet. Black Mask, Killer Croc, the Penguin, and Bane are all active.

Years 3-6 - Barbara becomes Batgirl and is subsequently shot by the Joker; if I had to guess, I'd say that she became Batgirl in year 3 or 4 and was shot by the Joker at the beginning of year 6; this would have her operating as Oracle for a year at the time Arkham Asylum starts; I also like to think that Bruce took Dick as his Robin very shortly after the events of Origins (he was part of multiplayer mode so it's not inconceivable). Perhaps Dick acted as Robin from years 2-5 before giving up the role to Jason. Jason maybe is killed at the beginning of Year 6, around the time that Barbara is shot; I like to think that Tim became Robin either shortly before the events of Arkham Asylum or in between Asylum and City.

It's a bit rough, but that's my best guess for how the timeline would work. Seven years in a bit rough if you're trying to fit so much history in #thenew52.

This could be it,but still it's too quick....3 Robins and a Batgirl,in 7 years?....i just cant see it...

Ra's,Talia and Selina know Bruce/Bats well enough,so we see years of relasionship between them.....and in both games we see Batman acting alone,so if ,as you say,and i kinda agree, Tim wasn't Robin is Asylum,and became one slightly before City,how does Batman act compeletely alone in this one?.....Tim just became Robin!.....(i know he took Joson's death to the heart,and all,but this too,isnt mentioned at,all,except some sadistic jokes by Joker....)

My opinion they ditched the continuity,and just went along with what we had back in 2010 when they were making the game.....Tim was Robin,Barbara was Oracle etc.

Rocksteady had it all good....WB Games ruined it,placing the game 7 yrs before Asylum,and having people use smartphones...

EDIT: Also who's the Robin in Origins Multiplayer?!...and why have him when he does not appear for the entire story...

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jjdajetplane223
    jjdajetplane223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eric Holmes himself said that the multiplayer mode was a "timeless setting." So it wasn't meant to give any clues as to the timeline. It could have taken place in year 2 or year 12.

Case in point: Dick Grayson hasn't met Batman in Arkham Origins.

dannyb181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i say realistically in

arkham origins

bruce/batman is 24 and captain gordan was 39 since he was a 16 year old daughter. oracle is 16

asylum

bruce/batman is 38-40 and and commissioner gordan is 53-55 because he was a lot of gray hair. the joker has lost a lot of hair and makes him near bruce age or older so i say joker is round 39-4. oracle is 30

city

bruce is 39-41 and gordan is 54-46, dick grayson/nightwing is 26, red hood has to be 19-21 and tim drake is 16-18. joker is 40-42. oracle is 31

knight

bruce wayne is 40-41.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: If the Batman cant have decent continuity in the New 52 then he can't have it any where!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will ignore everything from Batman Arkham origins because they ruined the timeline.

TheBakeBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So at what point between Origins and Asylum did Batman decide to start wearing his underwear on the outside?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: If the Batman cant have decent continuity in the New 52 then he can't have it any where!

He must,though

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Didn't Geoff Johns have a hand in Origins? Of course! He did this! Jk

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Didn't Geoff Johns have a hand in Origins? Of course! He did this! Jk

Don't even joke.........he's involved in AK too......

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Knight destroyed the contunity to. Batman has no underwears and his armor is a lot like Iron Man man without lasers. Theres also the redesigned chars like Gordon who looks MUCH younger than in any previous games except Origins.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Then we can only hope he keeps his personal feelings out of it...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator

AO was supposed to be 5-7 years before Arkham [I favour 7] and 2 years into his career as Batman. I may be misremembering, but I feel like I read Bruce began his career at 21 in the Arkhamverse, meaning he's 23 here.

We know he met Dick pretty much immediately after the events of Cold, Cold Heart from the posters in Gotham City about the flying Graysons. He had also just met Barbara who was 15, so it can be assumed Dick was the same age if the two did in fact share a romantic relationship.

Then 3 years in, Dick went solo and then Bruce recruited Todd for an additional 2 years before he was killed by the Joker, since the Joker does make reference to crowbars and whatnot. Then recruiting Tim not too long before Arkham Asylum.

Then the year between AA - AC & another year between AC - AK should make Batman 32, or 36 if he was 25 when he begun and not 21.

I wonder if the JLA has been formed in the Arkhamverse, since we know that at least Superman and the Flash definitely exist, most likely others based on Easter Eggs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sounds good to me

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I'm reviving this since AK is coming out. Even though Jason was confirmed in AC and he's in AK (dlc) I can't help but hate Origins for making the timeline similar to the New 52. At this point he's been Batman for 10 years with three Robins and a batgirl turned Oracle...what?!?! And Jason died before Asylum which was like year 8. I liked it better when the continuity was interchangeable with Pre 52 Batman.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: 10 years is a pretty hefty amount of time when you think about it.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@_mongul: Ya but it just became 10 years with Arkham Knight. He was Batman for 7 years, in AA and by that time he had three Robins and Batgirl became Oracle. Not enough time at all.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: Well he could have had batgirl and Robin at this same time.

Years 1-3 (after Origins) are Dick and Babs. Year 4-5 is Jason. Years 6 and onward is Tim.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Ya that's too short for my taste. I prefer it that he had Dick as Robin for at least 5 years before he got replaced. I know it's more realistic for Batman to have them as teens at the start but I don't like it. I liked it more when the timeline didn't have an exact origin. It left more to the imagination and felt less condensed like the New 52.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

I still don't understand why Cass isn't on this...well, actually i do know why, if you know what i mean...but it still sucks...this games are super-badass and the perfect environment for Cass, but ya know, of course that DC won't let that happen, because they hate her (only God knows why) and of course that they will (again) promote the already super-overrated same characters...i mean, they had Babs (Oracle) in the main game, and Babs (Batgirl) on a DLC, (who has few-to none fighting-skills) but no Cass! this is so ridiculous that i'm not even sure if i should be sad, or just laught at this ridiculousness.

blackwing0811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's what I've come up with for the new 52 Batman timeline,I'll try to apply It to the Arkhamverse

Bruce starts his Batman career at 26(I always take Year One as a guideline and add a year for good measure).

If he took Dick Grayson as a first Robin when Dick was about 15...and he was Robin for approximately 3 years until he is 18 and breaks off on his own...he is Robin somewhere between Origins and Asylum.

Jason was Robin in the Arkhamverse,he was referenced several times,but he was Robin very shortly because of DitF.He receives most of his training after his resurrection.

Tim is Robin in Arkham City,this is Bruce's 10th year as Batman.Tim is about 16-17.And Arkham Knight takes place a year after City,so he is about 18.

And there you go,all Robins fit into the timeline.

As for Jim gordon,he is 16 years older than Bruce,which makes him 52 in the Arkham Knight.

As for Barbara Gordon...now I'm not an expert on her timeline,only started reading her new 52 title so I'm not too familiar with when she started etc...but you guys said she was 16 in Arkham Origins....lets say she becomes Batgirl at 18...Killing Joke occurs somewhere between Origins and Asylum and she becomes Oracle...by the time Arkham Knight events come in place..Barbara Gordon is 25 years old(perfect time to make her Batgirl again....jk).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.