Are all of the Robins close ?

#1 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

are they really all like a family

#2 Posted by havoc1201 (499 posts) - - Show Bio

not all of them Dick and Tim are like brothers Dick and Damian are close because they were partners Dick and Jason really have nothing to do with each other Tim and Damian have a brotherly compatition Tim respects jason in a way, Jason use to hate Dick pre new 52 now im not sure but they really dont cross paths Damian Hates Jason.

#3 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

More so in the New 52. Theres been a notable amount of interaction. Obviously Dick and Tim were close and Damian was attached to Dick pre-New 52, but now Damian and Tim and Jason have more of a rivalry than muderous hatred, and Jason is no longer a villian. Jason's back to entering the Batcave and working along side the family.

#4 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick and Jason- Pre-Flashpoint it was a combination of rivalry, hatred, and envy on Jason's part, with brotherhood on Dick's part, along with him having acknowledged Jason as having lost it.

Dick and Tim- Brothers

Dick and Damian- Brothers, with Dick being the only person Damian considers his friend.

Jason and Tim- Frienemies

Jason and Damian- Mild hatred and a lack of respect for the other.

Tim and Damian- Rivalry

#5 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Dick and Jason: Jason hates his guts, hates him because he had a hard time living in Dicks shadow. Dick-tries to be mentor to jason pre death in the family, non-existent relationship post under the hood.
  • Dick and Tim: Brothers.
  • Dick and Damian: A mentor trying to change a murdering psychopath in Bruces honour.
  • Jason and Tim: Jason hates Tim for replacing him. Tim hates Jason for trying to kill him.
  • Jason and Damian: Non-existent, Jason most likely hates Damian, Damian doesnt really know Jason.
  • Tim and Damian: Hatred for each other.
#6 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9004 posts) - - Show Bio

Not all of them. I would say Dick and Damian are close. Tim and Dick are close. But Jason is not really close with anyone.

#7 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

• Tim hates Jason for trying to kill him.

When did that happen?

@haydenclaireheroes said:

But Jason is not really close with anyone.

I would imagine so also..

#8 Posted by HushoftheWind (902 posts) - - Show Bio

i know in pre 52 none of the Robins really like Todd except for Drake, Drake never really had a problem with until the whole titan towers incident, but in the New 52 i dont think that lil incident went down. Looks like to me if there was somebody in the "family" Todd would call on first it would be Drake. Remember Drake didnt wanna call himself Robin b/c in honer of Todd's death, maybe Todd respect him for that.

#9 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind said:

i know in pre 52 none of the Robins really like Todd except for Drake, Drake never really had a problem with until the whole titan towers incident, but in the New 52 i dont think that lil incident went down. Looks like to me if there was somebody in the "family" Todd would call on first it would be Drake. Remember Drake didnt wanna call himself Robin b/c in honer of Todd's death, maybe Todd respect him for that.

I agree, but it does still seem like there was previously some bad blood between the two and that they simply reached an understanding about it.

#10 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like TIm in the new52... but I do agree with the above scene... as well as the general statements of the the other posters as to the Robin relations... Though...

Damian looks at Tim likely as his ultimate challenge. While Damian "shows" a lot of disrespect it is only because he respects Tim and the attitude he takes with Tim is likely Damian projecting his views of himself. Tim likely understand on a mental level where Damian is coming from but on an emotional level he simply tolerates Damian, is the best way to put it. Tim doesn't not like him, but he certainly doesn't like him either.

Damian looks at Dick likely more as an uncle "Big Brother" or mentor more so than as a Brother. And likewise Dick views Damian as someone to mentor and someone he is superior to.

Tim and Dick don't look at each other as Brothers, but rather partners... though we haven't seen this in the new 52. They, in the DCU, have been through some huge things and Tim has proven himself, not only capable, but superior in a number of areas. Dick didn't grow up with Tim and Tim doesn't need a family so there was never that "need" to become Brothers, but that's not to say their relationship is of lesser quality... many partnerships are far more deeply felt and such than familial ties.

Dick and Jason likely feel brotherly towards each other... both needing families and them pretty much playing the roles of older/younger brother.

Tim and Jason... Other than Jason being a jerk and understandably so there really would be no animosity nor deeply heart felt connection here...but understanding on Each other's part and since they are more tactical and such they likely view each other as a mutually beneficial tactical partnership but with not much of a strong bond, but as time goes on they might develop more of a friendship.

Jason and Damian... I think it's possible that there would be animosity here. Jason is a smudge to the family to Damian and Damian is a reminder of who he was/is and how messed up he really was when he was younger so he might not like damian, but at the same time might also feel a kinship with him, understanding what Batman demands and what it's like to not really fit into the role but still trying hard to meet those demands. These attributes btw is why he was a good villain for B&R in the volume with Dick and Damian starring.

#11 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10264 posts) - - Show Bio

Batfamily?

Just because you dont like them or some times find them annoying as hell, dont mean you dont love them, in you own messesd up horrible insane way.

#12 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: He tried to kill Tim twice, once in the Teen Titan Tower, and then again in Battle for the Cowl.

@HushoftheWind: No one liked Jason in pre 52 and new 52 continuity after jason returned from the dead and that includes Tim and you cant blame Tim, Jason tried to kill him twice. Jason hates everyone in the bat family because he believes that no one cared about him when he died, That whole "friendly" scene with Tim, they are both putting on an act, because they both hate each other, they obviously worked out a business deal, that Jason would do something for Tim and Tim would would probably do something for Jason in the future, strictly business. Jason will never like Tim because of the simple fact that Tim replaced him.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: no understanding, they hate each other.

@Durakken: Damian and Tim hate each other.

Dick and Damian, yes mentoring relationship only.

Dick and Tim are the ones who have the closest relationship in the robin family, so i say they are brothers.

Dick and Jason, more like animosity when jasons was Robin, and even more so when jason is resurrected, as Jason develops a hatred for dick.

Jason and Tim hate each other for obvious reasons.

Jason and Damian, indedd theres animosity, but Damian is not like Jason in anyway even when jason was Robin, they were completely different in their Robin roles, so no kinship at all.

#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind said:

Where is this from? I love reading interaction like this

#14 Posted by HushoftheWind (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Red Hood and the Outlaws #8 i believe

#15 Edited by Zyrok (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@FatihBATMAN: He tried to kill Tim twice, once in the Teen Titan Tower, and then again in Battle for the Cowl.

@HushoftheWind: No one liked Jason in pre 52 and new 52 continuity after jason returned from the dead and that includes Tim and you cant blame Tim, Jason tried to kill him twice. Jason hates everyone in the bat family because he believes that no one cared about him when he died, That whole "friendly" scene with Tim, they are both putting on an act, because they both hate each other, they obviously worked out a business deal, that Jason would do something for Tim and Tim would would probably do something for Jason in the future, strictly business. Jason will never like Tim because of the simple fact that Tim replaced him.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: no understanding, they hate each other.

@Durakken: Damian and Tim hate each other.

Dick and Damian, yes mentoring relationship only.

Dick and Tim are the ones who have the closest relationship in the robin family, so i say they are brothers.

Dick and Jason, more like animosity when jasons was Robin, and even more so when jason is resurrected, as Jason develops a hatred for dick.

Jason and Tim hate each other for obvious reasons.

Jason and Damian, indedd theres animosity, but Damian is not like Jason in anyway even when jason was Robin, they were completely different in their Robin roles, so no kinship at all.

Sorry, but your list is all wrong in my eyes. Damian and Tim DO NOT hate each other. Damian is(was) a spoiler brat who thought that Tim took his place, Tim does not hate him and Damian has been growing and realizing that Tim is a member of his family, but they both act like brotherly-rivals.

Jason does not like Dick, but respects him, especially in N52. That scene was not an act, you believe that because what you choose to believe, in the pages it is not referred to like an act.

Dick and Tim, you're right, only in this one.

Dick and Damian is not just a mentoring relationship. Damian loves Dick like and older brother and truly considers him a friend.

And, Damian hates Jason.

That's the way I see it.

PS: that interaction ocurred in RHATO, but I can't remember the number. sorry :/

#16 Posted by HushoftheWind (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13: i agree and disagree with you Todd. Yes, Jason was a complete asshole in the pre 52, no liked him, hell I didnt like him either. New 52 though, Jason is a lil more tamed and easier to work with as far as the Bat Family go, Hell even Bruce trust to do an inside job for him in Batman Inc. As far as the hate had for Jason in pre 52, i really dont think that's prevalent in new 52. I mean Tim did actually respect Jason enough not to call himself Robin. We won't know if Jason and Tim had the beef they had in pre 52 until we got some flashback story. Im not denying that Jason could have been as assholy as he was in pre 52, but none that matters in the present of the new 52 b/c Jason teamed up with his fellow Robins like 3 times now and even was invited to the batcave by Nightwing.

#17 Posted by HushoftheWind (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zyrok: I agree with, and its from issue 8 of Red and the outlaws as i mentioned already.

#18 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that we will see some severe splintering after Death of the Family. I think that after it we will some some "pairings" of the Bat Family. And I think it will come down like this...

Tim and Jason

Dick and Barbara

Bruce and Damien

#19 Posted by Zyrok (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind said:

@Zyrok: I agree with, and its from issue 8 of Red and the outlaws as i mentioned already.

Oh, sorry, you posted while I was writing mine, so I only saw after I replied.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.