Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Aquaman and Batman

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackWind

Both Orin and Bruce have lost their son at the hands of their enemy. They both dealt with it in different ways though. So, out of curiosity, who's loss of their son had a heavier impact on these two great heroes?

insanepayne7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By insanepayne7

What are you talking about?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#3  Edited By AssertingValor

@insanepayne7 said:

What are you talking about?

batmans son died?

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VampireSelektor

@BlackWind said:

Both Orin and Bruce have lost their son at the hands of their enemy. They both dealt with it in different ways though. So, out of curiosity, who's loss of their son had a heavier impact on these two great heroes?

When you say Batman lost a son, are you referring to Jason Todd?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWind

Yeah, Jason. Sorry, I thought it was obvious what I meant.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By batshrine

Aren't the situations very different though?

One was a genetic son that was a baby, while the other was a ward that was fighting crime alongside Batman. So the impacts should totally be somewhat different. And this is where I stop because I don't know too much about Aquaman to really understand how these deaths shaped these characters. But wouldn't it be better to compare Tempest or Aquagirl to Jason Todd?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmashBrawler

@batshrine said:

Aren't the situations very different though?

One was a genetic son that was a baby, while the other was a ward that was fighting crime alongside Batman. So the impacts should totally be somewhat different. And this is where I stop because I don't know too much about Aquaman to really understand how these deaths shaped these characters. But wouldn't it be better to compare Tempest or Aquagirl to Jason Todd?

You're talking from a editorial standpoint, but I'm pretty sure it's much more emotionally crippling if your biological son dies than if your ward does.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Aquaman barely cared about Aquagirl's and Tempest's deaths. I mean, Batman has Jason's Robin costume in a glass case display as a memorial to him and a reminder of what shouldn't happen ever again. Never saw this kind of treatment for these two from Arthur.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By serpent222

Well, as mentioned, those are clearly not the same situation, but they both did take a hard hit. It really did affect them differently, but I'm going to say Aquaman got hit harder. Jason's death is still a sore spot for Batman and it made him doubt things for a while, but he rebounded with Tim Drake and moved on. Not to mention, Jason came back, ultimately. Aquaman not only lost his son,but as a result lost his wife and became an outcast. He also seems to go off it on the crazy end, getting much more violent and touchy on the matter, also with the cutting off of his own hand business. Again, different situations, but Aquaman really took it harder, if you ask me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.