Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

any idea why dc want an older actor for batman?

manofsteel699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i don't understand why you need an older actor to play batman while this franchise is going to be potentialy around at least for the next 10 years.how old is he going to be when the third justice league movie will come out and also i remember that zack snyder said that in this universe superman is the first superhero,so i assume they changed their plans because now they are talking about an experienced batman(which is not comfirm yet).i'm starting to think that WB has other things in mind.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dayvid3

Maybe they think an older experienced batman would be a better match, to sort of level the playing field. Superman has all the power, but if he's young and inexperienced then batman really brings something to the table. As for the actor's longevity, well hollywood can make older people look pretty good, so who knows :)

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Trying to remake Dark Knight Returns

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Its a stupid idea . I made a forum of all the reasons itsstupid on my page

andrsboes82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't, I can only see Josh Brolin portraying in older Batman to be honest...

DarkKnight1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkKnight1939

@ultrastarkiller said:

Trying to remake Dark Knight Returns

That, and the fact that they don't need to bother with an origin or introduction. Batman's already in his prime, being fighting crime for years and is already an integrated part of the universe. Didn't the reports say the name most likely going to be 'Batman vs Superman' and Snyder was going to be meeting Frank Miller?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.