Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

An Informed Analysis: Batman's Injury in DKR

BalooMamalu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By BalooMamalu

My wife is an athletic trainer, and I'm an avid Batman fan. At 1AM, watching Dark Knight Rises, this is what happens to my facebook status: "The worst potential injury Batman could have sustained and recovered from in a 5 month period is likely a vertebral rotation with a unilateral fracture. The manipulation preformed in the prison to fix his back excludes the possibility of a bilateral fracture resulting in the anterior translation of the vertebrae. The manipulation could be used for a posterior translation of the vertebrae, but the mechanism of injury caused by Bane would not result in a posterior translation."

To which I add, Batman's armor probably prevented the initial injury from being much worse than it could have been, and his motivation and intensity in recovery is much stronger than that of your average athlete. Keep in mind as well that the 5 month time frame is based on the nuclear decay rate parameter given in DKR (I will investigate that at a later time ha ha ha).

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By wessaari

i tip my hat in your favor sir

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Ahort answer. It's BatMan.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FatihBATMAN

hes cool, hes handsome

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

The guy is using an amour that help him to survive the fall from a building, of course that the fall in all your back cause less damage that the fall in one point of your back.

Is like the bed of nails thing.

But still the guys is using an armour that takes big part of the impact

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FatihBATMAN

agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.