An Informed Analysis: Batman's Injury in DKR

Posted by BalooMamalu (36 posts) - - Show Bio

My wife is an athletic trainer, and I'm an avid Batman fan. At 1AM, watching Dark Knight Rises, this is what happens to my facebook status: "The worst potential injury Batman could have sustained and recovered from in a 5 month period is likely a vertebral rotation with a unilateral fracture. The manipulation preformed in the prison to fix his back excludes the possibility of a bilateral fracture resulting in the anterior translation of the vertebrae. The manipulation could be used for a posterior translation of the vertebrae, but the mechanism of injury caused by Bane would not result in a posterior translation."

To which I add, Batman's armor probably prevented the initial injury from being much worse than it could have been, and his motivation and intensity in recovery is much stronger than that of your average athlete. Keep in mind as well that the 5 month time frame is based on the nuclear decay rate parameter given in DKR (I will investigate that at a later time ha ha ha).

#1 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

i tip my hat in your favor sir

#2 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahort answer. It's BatMan.

#3 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

hes cool, hes handsome

#4 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9571 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy is using an amour that help him to survive the fall from a building, of course that the fall in all your back cause less damage that the fall in one point of your back.

Is like the bed of nails thing.

But still the guys is using an armour that takes big part of the impact

#5 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.