Am I the only one who doesn't like Grant Morrison's "Batman" run?

• 73 results
#1 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

All I ever see is praise and good comments on everything Grant Morrison has done for Batman, so I am I the only one that does not like how he's doing Batman? I bought every book starting from Batman & Son all the way to Battle For The Cowl and I must say I was not happy. Batman R.I.P. should have been named Batman W.T.F. and Final Crisis was just a mindf*ck for me. I hated these books so much that I put them all on sale at Amazon.com. Now there's gonna be like 20 Batman's running around? Come on, Bruce Wayne is Batman... these other characters need their own identities. I like the old Batman books where it's him being more of a detective (with or without Robin), not with all the JLA members in it. Books like The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and Year One are classics in my opinion, and I could read them over and over again and not get bored. I guess I'm probably the odd duck out here, but that's just how I am.

#2 Posted by -chapel- (379 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird: 
"Batman R.I.P. should have been named Batman W.T.F." 

I agree with you totally. I mean I still readd it because Bats is one of my fav characters, but yes Bruce Wayne is Batman. And Damien? It just all seems kinda gimmicky to latch in the new readers who have spawned up from the success of the last two movies. Grant Morrisons Batman is great, but its nuttin to sneeze at compared to the things that have came before. So no, my friend you are not alone. 

#3 Posted by longbowhunter (6990 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree Batman R.I.P. and Final Crisis completely taxed my mind reading it.

#4 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one not happy with R.I.P. and Final Crisis. And I do agree, they probably are doing this gimmicky thing for the new fans that just liked the Batman movies. New fans are awesome, but please don't change things so drastically just to cater to them!

#5 Posted by Jake Fury (18319 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved RIP & Final Crisis but they definitely take a few reads to figure out exactly what is going on. 

#6 Posted by longbowhunter (6990 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I should also mention I loved Batman & Son, The Black Glove, Ressurection of Ra's Al Ghul, and I've been digging Batman & Robin. The Return Of Bruce Wayne has been very hit or miss with me. Have you ever read Batman: Gothic by Grant Morrison?
#7 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter said:
" I guess I should also mention I loved Batman & Son, The Black Glove, Ressurection of Ra's Al Ghul, and I've been digging Batman & Robin. The Return Of Bruce Wayne has been very hit or miss with me. Have you ever read Batman: Gothic by Grant Morrison? "
No I haven't read that, but I did read that Arkham Asylum book he did and I hated that one too.
#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Final Crisis, but I haven't read any of Morrison's other Batman-related material yet. This is largely due to the amount of negative feedback I have read, particularly on CV. So you're definitely not alone. It seems that people who like Morrison's Batman run are mostly Morrison fans, rather than Batman fans. Obviously there is overlap there, but I think you know what I mean.

#9 Posted by -chapel- (379 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: 
Dont just go with what the Vine ppl say! Check for yourself! 

@G Bird:
You didnt like Arkham Asylum? Now that I disagree, I thought it was super-cool. 

#10 Edited by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  @Korg said:

" I liked Final Crisis, but I haven't read any of Morrison's other Batman-related material yet. This is largely due to the amount of negative feedback I have read, particularly on CV. So you're definitely not alone. It seems that people who like Morrison's Batman run are mostly Morrison fans, rather than Batman fans. Obviously there is overlap there, but I think you know what I mean. "

Never let a group make your own decision you need to read it yourself no matter what and that goes for anything. Yes it has gotten negative feedback. And no there are many Batman fans that enjoy this story as well as Grant Morrison fans I have to say as someone who has read lots of Batman that span his history this appeals to me more then people imitating Batman The Animated Series and Dark Knight Returns which what you get allot with Batman.  

Anyway that was me as a Batman fan speaking more then anything else with Grant Morrison if you are not into fantasy with Batman then you would not be into it  I can understand that but what made me respond was saying someone must not be a Batman fan to like this story. 
#11 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@-chapel- said:

" @Korg: Dont just go with what the Vine ppl say! Check for yourself!"

Honestly, I'm not going to waste my time reading something in the store if I don't think I'm going to love it. I'm certainly not going to buy something off the internet when I've seen nothing but mixed reviews and negative commentary on the boards I frequent. I have read reviews everywhere from here, to Something Awful, to Amazon. I never "just go" with anything. Besides, you're basically saying I shouldn't take your own advice anyway =P
#12 Posted by Joey Ravn (385 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutly love Grant Morrison, but I admit he's not a writer for everyone. He's extremely complex when he wants to and he likes taking his time developing his stories. Something that started more than two years ago it's beginning to yield fruit right now, so I understand that people who like a more traditional approach to storytelling dislike his style. See, for example, his run on Animal Man (#01-24) or the aforementioned Batman run. He can be a be more of a "traditional" writer sometimes (WE3, Joe the Barbarian) but he's always Grant Morrison

And I f***ing love him :P

#13 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh thank god there are more people who haven't been overly thrilled with his run.  The thing that bugs me the most is him sending Bruce back in time, wtf don't bring that kind of reality bending stuff into Batman.  Keep it in the other comics that bend reality on a regular basis.  I liked some of the stuff he did in Batman but man, sending Bruce back in time where he fights his way back to the present day, and this whole Batman Inc thing...oh god...

#14 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam said:

"Never let a group make your own decision you need to read it yourself no matter what and that goes for anything."

I already addressed this pretty thoroughly.

@johnny spam

said: 

" what made me respond was saying someone must not be a Batman fan to like this story.  "

I never said someone must not be a Batman fan to like this story... As I already mentioned, I haven't even read most of this stuff. Plus, that sentence just makes no sense. You must not be a fan of Batman to enjoy stories about Batman?
#15 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people just don't enjoy Morrison's stuff because of how big the scope of his stuff is. And I really like the back in time thing given how it is set up. I mean the basic premise does sound a little goofy...or epic depending on how one words it. But I do think it is pretty cool how Darkseid used him as a weapon. I also think it's cool that you can just describe some of the basic premises and it just sounds freaking awesome. Like to describe Batman # 656 Batman vs an army of ninja man bats. To describe RIP Batman gets attacked hypocritically and triggers an alternate personality that he created. To describe some of Return of Bruce Wayne Batman fights cavemen, puritans, pirates, and cowboys. Everything that I've read of Morrison's I have enjoyed.

#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

I only hate what he did to Jason.

#17 Posted by longbowhunter (6990 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird:
I liked Arkham Asylum. I dont quite think it deserves the hype its gotten. You should give Gothic a try. Its not as over the top as most Grant Morrison Batman stories.
#18 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2 said:
" I think a lot of people just don't enjoy Morrison's stuff because of how big the scope of his stuff is. And I really like the back in time thing given how it is set up. I mean the basic premise does sound a little goofy...or epic depending on how one words it. But I do think it is pretty cool how Darkseid used him as a weapon. I also think it's cool that you can just describe some of the basic premises and it just sounds freaking awesome. Like to describe Batman # 656 Batman vs an army of ninja man bats. To describe RIP Batman gets attacked hypocritically and triggers an alternate personality that he created. To describe some of Return of Bruce Wayne Batman fights cavemen, puritans, pirates, and cowboys. Everything that I've read of Morrison's I have enjoyed. "
As far as Bruce Wayne Returns goes, I actually do like the story and enjoy it but I wish it wasn't canon... I just wish it was an offset story kinda like The Dark Knight Returns.
#19 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually hated Morrison's work up until I started reading his Batman stuff....I'll admit that some of it needs to be read more than once to fully understand and I would also recommend reading it in arcs...it seems to work better as a whole story rather than individual issues

#20 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Morrison and like RIP but I understand why some people don't like it. It's a bit of a stepdown from his other works IMO.

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison is the best Batman writer ever. 

R.I.P and Arkham Asylum are just as good if not better than Year One and TDKR. Yes, they're that good.

#22 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: @Korg said:
" @johnny spam said:

"Never let a group make your own decision you need to read it yourself no matter what and that goes for anything."

I already addressed this pretty thoroughly.

@johnny spam

said: 

" what made me respond was saying someone must not be a Batman fan to like this story.  "

I never said someone must not be a Batman fan to like this story... As I already mentioned, I haven't even read most of this stuff. Plus, that sentence just makes no sense. You must not be a fan of Batman to enjoy stories about Batman? "
I must have responded before I saw the response. And it is a common complaint believe it or not people saying they must be Grant Morrison fans more then Batman fans.
#23 Posted by thedeenslist (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh thank god. I thought I was alone here. For me, Grant's run on Batman has been like his run on X-Men. One good story starting off and then straight into " I want to write my version of Batman regardless of what's come before". RIP made no sense to me and honestly, seeing Batman acting like something other than Batman was just "ugh". I don't really know what happened to G.M.  

I loved his Arkham Asylum graphic and Batman and Son was an interesting start off and had me expecting a good run on Batman from him. However, I think he feels the need to reinvent the wheel with established characters and I just never felt that Batman needed to be redone. Especially, as a second coming of the Silver age where he's dealing with cosmic and mystical things. Didn't care for the Black Glove, and the whole reveal of who Dr. Hurt is is just too meta physical and not like Batman at all.  

Final Crisis was horrible, if I can't understand it in one read through, then you've failed as a writer IMO. Having Batman square off against Darkseid and shoot him was just the end for me with Grant writing Batman. I am a long Batman fan. He's my favorite character and has been since I picked up my first comic book. He's my favorite because he doesn't deal with end of the world, cosmis level stuff. He's a detective, he's human. He protects one city. That's it. When you have him fighting the devil and Darkseid, it's just not Batman.  

The best stories of Batman to me have been, No Man's land, Year One, War Games, and even Arkham Asylum. And the reason is is that there is a reality to them that you can't get from Superman. It's Batman against all odds coming out on top. Let Superman save the world, universe, multiverse. Batman only has to save Gotham.  

So I am with you on this as well. Grant seems to want to take Batman back to the 50's and 60's when he wasn't worth reading and became of farce of what he should have been. He seems to want to undo the 30 years of work that Denny O'Neill, Frank Miller, and all the other writers and artists put in to eradicate the lame Silver Age kid friendly Batman that was the standard for a long time. I don't like it, but I will continue to read any and all non Grant penned Batman stories.  

I've heard it said that Batman had gotten stale. That may be true, 70 years is a long time to be around. But, he's hit those stale periods before. What he needed then is what he needed now. A good story that turns the world of Batman around and gives him new perspective, not a twist Batman around and make him super duper world traveler devil hunter.  

I love Batman, just not this version and I hope that when it's done DC will be smart and do with it what MArvel did with Grant's X-Men run. Ignore it, undo all that had been done, and move back to a more honest and true Dark Knight.
#24 Posted by Nocton (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman RIP was difficult to get into. I was basically waiting for the outcome. Batman dies, what happens next. But the whole build up and set up was a mess. I had no love for Final Crisis. The Black Glove was such a crazy mess.The RIP lost chapter seem like a last effort to try to reconcile his "normal" death and his "super" one. I don't like when "super" events affect Bats' continuity. And he uses a gun? A GUN? That's a deep no-no in Bruce's psyche. He'd break rule only for something really personal, not Darkseid (if someone tells me Darkseid was the actual killer of Thomas and Martha I'm out of here).

Oracle has always been a favorite of mine, she pulls everything together and forms the network when Batman is gone. Right now I'm rooting for Tim Drake (Red Robin). He's resourceful as hell, and actually trying to get the job done (you know, fighting crime?). Dick Grayson was great as Nightwing but taking the cowl is a temporal thing as much as he deserves it. Yeah I think he could pull being A Batman, but not THE Batman. Let's just bring back Bruce and stop the mystical time-traveling? Yeah it's fun to re-draw Batman in all these costumes but it's still a "what if" story. The grounds of Wayne Manor look like a bat from above? Wouldn't that spill the secret to every single criminal with a satellite or one that does a fly-by with a helicopter?

No Man's Land was a great read, specially like the fact he had to set the criminals' psyche to fear him again. I also love the identity crisis he goes through in Bruce Wayne Murderer and Fugitive, as well as the entire Bat family.
Just bring him (Bruce) back and give us a great story again. Batman and Gotham City go hand in hand. He's a hero of the streets, the dark alleys, the rooftops. Not outer space.

#25 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@thedeenslist said:
" Oh thank god. I thought I was alone here. For me, Grant's run on Batman has been like his run on X-Men. One good story starting off and then straight into " I want to write my version of Batman regardless of what's come before". RIP made no sense to me and honestly, seeing Batman acting like something other than Batman was just "ugh". I don't really know what happened to G.M.   I loved his Arkham Asylum graphic and Batman and Son was an interesting start off and had me expecting a good run on Batman from him. However, I think he feels the need to reinvent the wheel with established characters and I just never felt that Batman needed to be redone. Especially, as a second coming of the Silver age where he's dealing with cosmic and mystical things. Didn't care for the Black Glove, and the whole reveal of who Dr. Hurt is is just too meta physical and not like Batman at all.   Final Crisis was horrible, if I can't understand it in one read through, then you've failed as a writer IMO. Having Batman square off against Darkseid and shoot him was just the end for me with Grant writing Batman. I am a long Batman fan. He's my favorite character and has been since I picked up my first comic book. He's my favorite because he doesn't deal with end of the world, cosmis level stuff. He's a detective, he's human. He protects one city. That's it. When you have him fighting the devil and Darkseid, it's just not Batman.   The best stories of Batman to me have been, No Man's land, Year One, War Games, and even Arkham Asylum. And the reason is is that there is a reality to them that you can't get from Superman. It's Batman against all odds coming out on top. Let Superman save the world, universe, multiverse. Batman only has to save Gotham.   So I am with you on this as well. Grant seems to want to take Batman back to the 50's and 60's when he wasn't worth reading and became of farce of what he should have been. He seems to want to undo the 30 years of work that Denny O'Neill, Frank Miller, and all the other writers and artists put in to eradicate the lame Silver Age kid friendly Batman that was the standard for a long time. I don't like it, but I will continue to read any and all non Grant penned Batman stories.   I've heard it said that Batman had gotten stale. That may be true, 70 years is a long time to be around. But, he's hit those stale periods before. What he needed then is what he needed now. A good story that turns the world of Batman around and gives him new perspective, not a twist Batman around and make him super duper world traveler devil hunter.   I love Batman, just not this version and I hope that when it's done DC will be smart and do with it what MArvel did with Grant's X-Men run. Ignore it, undo all that had been done, and move back to a more honest and true Dark Knight. "
Wow.... just wow!! It's like you took my thoughts straight out of my head and spilled them out on here lol! I'm not as great with words, but if I was, your reply is exactly what I would have said. Especially with the part about him just having to save Gotham, not  the whole planet. I think that's what I really hated, him dealing with these cosmic battles and time traveling. That is not the Batman we all came to love, that's Superman. There's a reason I'm not a Superman fan and don't read his comics, and Grant Morrison just turned Batman into that.
#26 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nocton said:
" Batman RIP was difficult to get into. I was basically waiting for the outcome. Batman dies, what happens next. But the whole build up and set up was a mess. I had no love for Final Crisis. The Black Glove was such a crazy mess.The RIP lost chapter seem like a last effort to try to reconcile his "normal" death and his "super" one. I don't like when "super" events affect Bats' continuity. And he uses a gun? A GUN? That's a deep no-no in Bruce's psyche. He'd break rule only for something really personal, not Darkseid (if someone tells me Darkseid was the actual killer of Thomas and Martha I'm out of here).Oracle has always been a favorite of mine, she pulls everything together and forms the network when Batman is gone. Right now I'm rooting for Tim Drake (Red Robin). He's resourceful as hell, and actually trying to get the job done (you know, fighting crime?). Dick Grayson was great as Nightwing but taking the cowl is a temporal thing as much as he deserves it. Yeah I think he could pull being A Batman, but not THE Batman. Let's just bring back Bruce and stop the mystical time-traveling? Yeah it's fun to re-draw Batman in all these costumes but it's still a "what if" story. The grounds of Wayne Manor look like a bat from above? Wouldn't that spill the secret to every single criminal with a satellite or one that does a fly-by with a helicopter? No Man's Land was a great read, specially like the fact he had to set the criminals' psyche to fear him again. I also love the identity crisis he goes through in Bruce Wayne Murderer and Fugitive, as well as the entire Bat family.Just bring him (Bruce) back and give us a great story again. Batman and Gotham City go hand in hand. He's a hero of the streets, the dark alleys, the rooftops. Not outer space. "
I also agree with what you're saying, basically the same point thedeenslist was saying. I hated that Batman used a gun, he would NEVER do that no matter what!! I'm also diggin the Red Robin book, it reminds me a lot more of the classic Batman than what they're trying to pass as Batman right now. And don't worry, Joe Chill is the one who killed Thomas and Martha.
#27 Posted by BransonHuggins (97 posts) - - Show Bio

For years I have hated Morrison, never a fan, always a hater. Then I stepped back, and began to re-read his work, starting with the Invisibles, New X-Men, Gothic (Batman), and lately his run on Batman.  Now I have to say, I am actually quiet enjoying his work at a later age.  I don't really know what it is either.   

I think he is something different in a medium where, let's be honest, it's pretty easy to find the same thing rehashed a million times over.  Pooling Silver Age ideas, crazy science, the occult, just the random off the cuff things that he writes, they draw me in.  There's something strange and different about him.  It's also the fact that the man has obviously done his homework.  Say what you will, love or hate him, but you can't deny he knows his stuff.  You may not like what he does with it, but he knows it none the less.  That's something that cannot be said for some writers today.   

In a time when more television/movie writers are stepping up to write comics (not a complaint), it's good to see  a good old fashioned fan (cause we all know you have to be at the end of the day) write some good stuff, and treat it with the care that it deserves.  Yes, he may change things up, but we all know that eventually it all retcons back to square one (how many times has DC done that?), so why not just enjoy it while it last? 

#28 Posted by HarlequinKiss (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Batman RIP sucked when I first read it. I gave it another shot though and it made a lot more sense to me and I started to love it. Just gotta understand where the pieces fit I guess. Not the best of Batman books most definitely, but still very cool in my opinion.

#29 Posted by PK Atomsk (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I generally really dislike Morrison's Batman stuff, but I actually like Dick and Damien and Batman and Robin.

#30 Posted by IAMtheHERO (362 posts) - - Show Bio

i just dont like frank quitely's art

#31 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Its the SA again....

#32 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP was fantastic and truly a work of art.  As for Final Crisis- I hated it.

#33 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@BransonHuggins said:
"

For years I have hated Morrison, never a fan, always a hater. Then I stepped back, and began to re-read his work, starting with the Invisibles, New X-Men, Gothic (Batman), and lately his run on Batman.  Now I have to say, I am actually quiet enjoying his work at a later age.  I don't really know what it is either.   

I think he is something different in a medium where, let's be honest, it's pretty easy to find the same thing rehashed a million times over.  Pooling Silver Age ideas, crazy science, the occult, just the random off the cuff things that he writes, they draw me in.  There's something strange and different about him.  It's also the fact that the man has obviously done his homework.  Say what you will, love or hate him, but you can't deny he knows his stuff.  You may not like what he does with it, but he knows it none the less.  That's something that cannot be said for some writers today.   

In a time when more television/movie writers are stepping up to write comics (not a complaint), it's good to see  a good old fashioned fan (cause we all know you have to be at the end of the day) write some good stuff, and treat it with the care that it deserves.  Yes, he may change things up, but we all know that eventually it all retcons back to square one (how many times has DC done that?), so why not just enjoy it while it last? 

"
KKK members know their stuff too, doesn't mean it's a good thing. Obviously Grant Morrison would know his stuff since he writes it, but I just think it sucks.
#34 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

the problem with Morrison is his blatant use of obscure references...unless you were reading batman in the 1960s and 70s, you would have no idea that he references to a few stories from back then constantly.  RIP is just a big reference to that story about batman being locked in that isolation chamber for a long time.

#35 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just pissed BATMAN has been replaced.
#36 Posted by alicemalice (74 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad to see a thread so similar to my own opinion.  Grant Morrison does a great job with batman villains...but not batman.  I just recently re-read Arkham Asylum, and he flat out states his concern that he is afraid he fits in there too.  Now I think batman is a bit crazy, and its an interesting theme, but just to have him flat out say it? It still is one of my favorite batman comics, but it brought up the that he doesn't get the character.  This fact has affected his recent batman writing...a lot.

And do not touch his parents, everything that he's doing with Batman's father makes me sick. They are supposed to be good people.

#37 Edited by OnlyWonderBoy (47 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems the major complaint is a lot of fans prefer Batman in his own world separate from the other superhero actions going on in the DCU, I can't say that I completely disagree with this point. In that regard, I understand how the whole Final Crisis thing left a bad taste in their mouth. That said, I really do enjoy Morrison's Batman and Robin comic. It shows that Morrison is able to write good Batman without all of the crazy stuff. Sure, Bruce Wayne isn't Batman, but that's just the way things are and I feel as though having someone else taking on the cowl is at least interesting.   

#38 Posted by tensor (4086 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison is ok

#39 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@onlywonderboy: The red freaking hair
#40 Posted by J1ml33 (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@onlywonderboy:  but what do you think about grant morrison`s doom patrol run ?
#41 Edited by OnlyWonderBoy (47 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Oh, my mistake, for whatever reason I read that as Tim, not Jason. Regardless, I don't see the big deal with the red hair. That's his original hair color isn't it? I'm sorta new to comics and only vaguely remember reading something about there being some confusion with his hair color.
#42 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thought it was dumb that Batman all of a sudden had a back up memory in his brain that turned him into a sliver age character.

#43 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@onlywonderboy: Nobody likes it dude
#44 Edited by OnlyWonderBoy (47 posts) - - Show Bio
@J1ml33: Honestly, I'm just starting to get into comics and haven't really read anything more than Batman. Did people like it? 
@Primmaster64:  Really? It's just a hair color, doesn't seem like that big of an issue to me.
#45 Posted by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Morrison's stories. Well,at least most of them. Batman & Son was great and R.I.P. was even more greater( that's only my opinion). But the Morrison's best work is Batman and Robin. Good,complicated stories,all pieces of a puzzle with excellent pencils most of times. But Final Crisis is a little meh. So is the Return. Generally,Grant Morrison has his own writing type,he likes dark stories but sometimes he "loses" the control.

#46 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, you are

#47 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:
" Yes, you are "
Obviously not seeing as how a lot of people have agreed with me.
#48 Posted by OnlyWonderBoy (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be interested to see how people react to his work on Batman Inc. I believe I read that after The Return of Bruce Wayne he is supposed to lessen the supernatural elements which I'm sure will please many fans.

#49 Posted by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

i hated morrisons run. with RIP i thought he was doing doing stupid circles aroung the whole mythology of batman, trying to psychoanalyse him too much. Final crisis was just ridiculous. I was dissapointed because i love morrisons earlier work such as his contantine stuff and arkham asylum. The stuff he wrote wth dick grayson as batman was just appalling as well. Dick just didnt have that iconic presence that makes Batman so cool. No amount of posing can turn someone into Batman, no matter how good the art is.
#50 Posted by TheBatman (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally hate this new direction! 
Gimme 1 Batman and leave it at that! 
It's 'BATMAN' NOT 'BATMEN' Singular NOT plural! -______-" 
God, how I long for the Batman of the 80's! Back then it just worked! =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.