Alex Jones says Batman and DKR is Propaganda (Possible Spoilers)

#1 Edited by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

So Alex Jones released a video saying Batman and specifically the Nolan movies are propaganda used by the New World Order to groom the public into accepting infringements on civil rights and characterizing the aristocracy as heroic. Beware there are possible spoilers as to what happens in the movie which may actually be the truth since he does receive the scripts from his contacts in the media.

Here is the direct Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ryV1_lxF8&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg&index=5&feature=plcp

#2 Edited by cattlebattle (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Jones does make good points time to time....but the rest of the time he is a lunatic. I think this is a case of said lunacy

I bet that man finds no joy in life

When you actually watch it...then think about it, he says there is nothing wrong with liking the film.....as long as you're aware of the propaganda. So, its not  as if he's protesting the movie or anything. I think he just made this vlog because he probably knew that it would get a lot of attention because of the popularity of the film

So he just spun some propaganda of his own..........what an a$$hole

#3 Posted by danhimself (22452 posts) - - Show Bio

this guy is a ratard

#4 Edited by cattlebattle (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously "Dark Christ"....did anyone else watch this....wtf??

#5 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

If that's the case then they didn't need to waste money on these Batman movies, the vast majority of Americans and I'd wager a good percentage of Europeans are used to having their civil rights infringed upon and to them its only an inconvenience.

#6 Edited by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex,"Here comes the juicy spoilers. Batman gets his back broke!"

Oh, really? Did not see that coming. Made it to the half way mark before getting annoyed then I shut it off.

#7 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie: Is that because you could not handle the truth? :P

Anyway, I have noticed that there is a severe disrespect for civil rights in modern media, especially in the cop dramas where often having rights is seen as an impediment to catching the bad guy. However, in the DK this issue is taken seriously, where in the Avengers (which is a bad movie btw) it is far more abhorrent; hacking into every video camera in the world, a real illuminati organization, SHIELD as transnational, elite controlled military. If there is a movie that should be harassed for its encouragement of civil abuses it should be the Avengers.

#8 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I am actually a believer of the NWO/Illuminati/Rothchilds. I just did not want to hear it tied to a movie I want to see.

I believe Stan Lee said something along the lines that he created the X-Men to teach kids to be more tolerant of minorities. In the 40's, there were comics of Captain America along with other superheroes fighting Nazi's and punching out Hitler. Is all of this not social engineering/propaganda?

#9 Posted by capelesscrusader (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I will occasionally listen to his radio show, only because I think that's where a lot of writers get their ideas for evil world conquerors.

This guy can take ANYTHING and filter it through his lens and call it programming. It's almost sad, in a way, because he probably can't enjoy anything he reads, watches, or hears.

Take anything he says with a teaspoon of salt. As far as his take on Batman... yeah, he's nuts. If anything, Nolan is raising a critique of the warrantless wire-tapping, especially through the character of Lucius Fox, which Jones ignores for the purposes of HIS programming message.

#10 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie: Yes and there is nothing wrong with that form of 'socail engineering,' however this NWO stuff is a kind of simple thinking IMO. Are the banks and corporations bad guys? Yes, but there is no overarching, united conspiracy. In fact even though banks are responsible for the current and impending economic doom, the owners of the companies are actually 'victims' and have very little control over what their CEO's do.

@capelesscrusader: He seems to be critical of the superhero genre. He once referenced Captain America as an emblem of Aryan supremacy. And he said Prometheaus was the blue print for globalist thinking. He said he liked the New Planet of the Apes movie though.

#11 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Jones is a nutcase , but since this is a fantasy website, he probably has a lot of fans.

#12 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF

#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reginleif said:

Anyway, I have noticed that there is a severe disrespect for civil rights in modern media, especially in the cop dramas where often having rights is seen as an impediment to catching the bad guy. However, in the DK this issue is taken seriously, where in the Avengers (which is a bad movie btw) it is far more abhorrent; hacking into every video camera in the world, a real illuminati organization, SHIELD as transnational, elite controlled military. If there is a movie that should be harassed for its encouragement of civil abuses it should be the Avengers.

Really so Batman kidnapping a Chinese national is taking civil liberties seriously. The only person to take it seriously was Lucius Fox. I am not saying how the Avengers treated the ability to hack into any video system in the world was right, but to think DK was beacon of civil rights is a joke.

#14 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

@Reginleif said:

Really so Batman kidnapping a Chinese national is taking civil liberties seriously. The only person to take it seriously was Lucius Fox. I am not saying how the Avengers treated the ability to hack into any video system in the world was right, but to think DK was beacon of civil rights is a joke.

Yes Batman infringes on civil rights but he has an understanding of his actions (he tortures the joker) and understands the severity of them. In the Avengers these actions are taken gleefully.

#15 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Jones is an idiot. I would love to see him in a debate with Rachel Maddow. She would smoke him.

#16 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reginleif said:

@JoeEddie: Yes and there is nothing wrong with that form of 'socail engineering,' however this NWO stuff is a kind of simple thinking IMO. Are the banks and corporations bad guys? Yes, but there is no overarching, united conspiracy. In fact even though banks are responsible for the current and impending economic doom, the owners of the companies are actually 'victims' and have very little control over what their CEO's do.

Have you heard of the Bilderberg Group? If so, what is your opinion on that?

#17 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie: IMO it is a transnational meeting of politicians and corporate execs, whom from the minutes that have been leaked, appear to be left leaning.

#18 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10135 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is about justice, law and rights many time gets in the way of justice, also, Avengers killed aliens and dont cared about life, people dont cared their heroes are a bunch of stone cold killers, Batman at least notice he is pushing his moral limit.

This civil right heroes, belive in a bizarre stupid point of view, that die in the 60s, they need to learn how does the real world works and shut up if they cant.

Human rights mean you are not free, so you could be free or have right, you cant have both, this civil rights heroes lies at people and make them belive they can be free too.

The Joker was telling people the truth, right limit your freedom, the only way to be free is if you and the rest have no rights, because that mean no law.

The real world, isnt a happy place where the good guys are totally good and always right and the bad guys are totally bad an always wrong.

This dumbasses need to grow up.

#19 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reginleif said:

Yes Batman infringes on civil rights but he has an understanding of his actions (he tortures the joker) and understands the severity of them. In the Avengers these actions are taken gleefully.

What the Avengers did is no different then what police departments and intelligence agencies around the globe do.. they just did it on a global scale. And does Batman really have an understanding of what he does, sure when it came to his interrogation of Joker or using the cell phones of Gotham to look for him, but he didn't bat an eye lash when it came to kidnapping a Chinese national.

#20 Posted by ComicStooge (12442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime`: Because the Chinese national was a criminal.

#21 Posted by ARMIV2 (8414 posts) - - Show Bio

...I'm not even going to say anything other than that man is a spaz.

#22 Posted by Illuminatus (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

The inconsistencies in his logic are astounding.

First of all, Mr. Jones, it was never implied in The Dark Knight that Joker is a man free of corporate dogma first and a psychopathic killer because of that. In fact, quite the opposite is implied. The Joker is obviously someone who had just had enough. He is someone who had never committed any serious crime and had been caught for it prior to the events in the second film. He chooses to wear custom clothing because he knows it's just one way they could attempt to identify who he is. Joker has no identity, no labels, no ties to anything copyrighted in our world because he is the face of pure, uninhibited anarchy. He is the representation of the film's central theme and an abstract concept. The fact that you have been unable to ascertain such obvious information is not necessarily surprising, and your attempts at importing your own propaganda are certainly indicative of nefarious, ulterior motives on your part.

And, the "Dark Christ" comparison was absolutely laughable. Literally, I began chuckling as soon as those words came out of your mouth.

#23 Posted by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

The inconsistencies in his logic are astounding.

First of all, Mr. Jones, it was never implied in The Dark Knight that Joker is a man free of corporate dogma first and a psychopathic killer because of that. In fact, quite the opposite is implied. The Joker is obviously someone who had just had enough. He is someone who had never committed any serious crime and had been caught for it prior to the events in the second film. He chooses to wear custom clothing because he knows it's just one way they could attempt to identify who he is. Joker has no identity, no labels, no ties to anything copyrighted in our world because he is the face of pure, uninhibited anarchy. He is the representation of the film's central theme and an abstract concept. The fact that you have been unable to ascertain such obvious information is not necessarily surprising, and your attempts at importing your own propaganda are certainly indicative of nefarious, ulterior motives on your part.

And, the "Dark Christ" comparison was absolutely laughable. Literally, I began chuckling as soon as those words came out of your mouth.

Give this man all the medals we have, stat!

#24 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Who the hell is Alex Jones?

#25 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Not willing to have the movie spoiled just to hear some idiot blabber on about the New World Order.

#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Who the hell is Alex Jones?

Some moron, don't worry about it.

#27 Posted by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: The Ultimate universe version of Alex Ross.

#28 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

@Nova`Prime`: Because the Chinese national was a criminal.

It doesn't matter, its still kidnapping.

#29 Posted by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime`: So we should feel bad about a crime lord/criminal being kidnapped by a crimefighter just because he's a Chinese national? Seriously?

#30 Posted by BatWatch (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be interesting, but Alex Jones likes to jump to conclusions. Most people would trade their freedom for comfort in a heartbeat.

#31 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: Read my initial post.

#32 Posted by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime`: I did, but dunno how that changes much. Unless it means you're saying it doesn't matter, which in that case I'll retract my previous statement. I just don't see why it should matter, even if he is infringing on civil rights. It seems like one of the cases where it's the right time to do it.

#33 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

a retard with too much time on his hands.

#34 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: It all boils down to one of the OPs posts that Dark Knight unlike Avengers took civil rights and liberties serious because Batman knew that torturing the Joker (although I wouldn't call it that) and using all over Gotham's cells as a spy system to find the Joker was okay because Batman knew what he was doing was wrong, but passed over the fact that Batman kidnapped somebody. That's where it all started and I said they were wrong because both movies were not a beacon of civil liberties and rights because both movies had gross missuses of power. Hell even in Dark Knight Batman wouldn't have taken the cell phone system off line if it wasn't for Lucius Fox.

#35 Posted by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime`: Ah, alright then. I'll take back that previous statement in that case. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

#36 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: No big deal, I came off as a douche when I should have just replied with an explanation first off. No harm no foul.

#37 Posted by nickzambuto (13331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reginleif said:

But - but - but- ! Batman did the same thing in TDK!

#38 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not watching that video because of the spoilers, but here's the thing: if a group of terrorists were literally overrunning a major US city, everyone--Alex Jones included--would wish that there was someone that could stop them, whether it be the police, the military or a vigilante. That I promise you.

#39 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reginleif said:

I do agree with you Reginleif. However I think everyone should support the Dark Knight Rises since it would depend on the whole DC cinematic universe would depend on the Dark Knight Rises' box office numbers. I may not be a huge batman fan but I did enjoy the past two batman and would continue to support it multiple times to make sure that all the other DC properties get their big screen debut.

edit: Okay actually after watching the clip for 30 seconds I stopped bcos he said the ministry of defence has been financing billions of dollars into action movies and I thought it didnt make sense. lol.

#40 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

actually the US government does do that. Movies like Battleship, Transformers, and most modern military documentaries, receive some funding from the Pentagon. Avengers was in the news actually because the Pentagon denied them use of military hardware because they disliked the notion of SHIELD

Yes, but the moral responsibilities are represented, while they are absent in Avengers

sorry for late responses, ive been buisy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.