After Reading Batman #14 Again...(SPOILERS)

#1 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I reread Batman #14, and I realized I missed several things. The biggest reveal I passed over is on the last page of the main story, right before the backstory.

Joker says that Batman is keeping a secret from the rest of the Bat-family. He says it's what lead him to discovering Batman's identity, and he made a little book out of the skin of a bat. What do you guys think this secret is is? Is it the Batman RIP thing, where Joker sees Batman without his mask? Is that the secret Batman has kept?

I haven't read much of Grant Morrison's run. Is there something else that Batman is keeping to himself?

#2 Posted by entropy_aegis (13613 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

I reread Batman #14, and I realized I missed several things. The biggest reveal I passed over is on the last page of the main story, right before the backstory.

Joker says that Batman is keeping a secret from the rest of the Bat-family. He says it's what lead him to discovering Batman's identity, and he made a little book out of the skin of a bat. What do you guys think this secret is is? Is it the Batman RIP thing, where Joker sees Batman without his mask? Is that the secret Batman has kept?

I haven't read much of Grant Morrison's run. Is there something else that Batman is keeping to himself?

No there's no such secret on it's own,it will most likely be another TWEEST(Lincoln March,Hush) shoehorned in the story to shock the readers.

#3 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question, but I have a hard time taking anything Joker says seriously. I am very annoyed that Joker has not called Bruce by name if he knows. It makes me wonder if Joker is lying.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

#4 Posted by JoeEddie (481 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch:

Site is looking nice so far. Good job, Man!

#5 Posted by MrShway88 (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the secret is what will be the death of the family. So what will it have to be that makes Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl and everyone else hate Batman when they find out?

#6 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps Joker will make a robot Alfred. Then Alfred will be saved by Batman, but Bats won't realize Alfred is a robot. Alfred will cause the death of the family when he makes up gossip and spreads it around the family. Eventually, everyone will split apart.

I really have no idea what Joker's going to do.

#7 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie said:

@BatWatch:

Site is looking nice so far. Good job, Man!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. If you enjoy it, pass it on.

@MrShway88 said:

I think the secret is what will be the death of the family. So what will it have to be that makes Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl and everyone else hate Batman when they find out?

Good thought. Maybe that Bruce has killed before? That would be a big shakeup.

#8 Posted by JasonLives (3 posts) - - Show Bio

What had me thinking after reading Batman #14 was

Joker burned Alfred's eyes. I can't remember how he did it off the top of my head, but I couldn't help but think, will Alfred end the storyline blind? My conclusion was probably not! But with so many changes taking place, is it possible for Alfred to remain blind going forward?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.