Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Affleck = Clooney? Stop Overreacting

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Ok lets be honest, i was arrested i get back and Affleck got casted.

People is overreacting all the time.

No Caption Provided

Affleck is the new king of Hollywood, when Clooney was the King got casted as Batman, everybody belive Clooney was going to be this mega huge star making movies that would redefine every genre and art as we know it, like everybody knows, when he played Batman many people belive he was going to be at least better that Kilmer, he was going to be the Batman that would redefine how he would see Superheroes(People was nuts about Clooney in the 90s), he did redefine Batman, he destroy the genre, many people blame Schumacher, but his performance as Batman was so terribly bad, that is obvious he belive playing Batman was easy and was a bidimensional character.

I mean Cage almost played Superman!! GoD how i loved the 90s!!!
    I mean Cage almost played Superman!! GoD how i loved the 90s!!!

Now lest be honest, Affleck cares thing that Clooney dont, Affleck likes comic book, thing that Burton and Nolan didnt, Burton never read a comic book in his life and Nolan only read them when he was directing Batman and the guy is obviously a huge fans of Dennis ONeil and Neal Adams Batman, the reallistic, mature and really dark Batman, heck he even keep the whole Temple in China thing from the ONeil bibble to writte DC, seriously they created Ras Al Ghul who was in Begins and Rises, Talia was in Rises, they created her too, well not they but ONeil and Bob Brown and Re Invented The Joker more like the killer we love, he got Batman back at his roots, like Nolan did with his franchise.

I like them, but i am more of a Chuck Dixon guy.

Batman now can move from here, there is no need to get back to the past, the circle is complete, we could go foward, we can start a new circle, we could go silver age, modern age, bronze age or go Morrison.

I help Heath Ledger with his Joker, i have powers beyond you, strike me down and i will be more powerfull your ever imagine!!!
    I help Heath Ledger with his Joker, i have powers beyond you, strike me down and i will be more powerfull your ever imagine!!!

Saddly is time to talk about many problems.

Affleck is Type Casted as a Superhero.

Daredevil and George Reeves, if you dont remember i will use an image that will make you remember.

HAHAHAHA... I AM EVIL!!!
    HAHAHAHA... I AM EVIL!!!
    You can call me dad Clark!!!
    You can call me dad Clark!!!
    You are so dead Bruce, so DEAD!!!
    You are so dead Bruce, so DEAD!!!

The problem is the same with Argo, Affleck only acts as Affleck and since he likes comic books, people always cast him as a good guy, hero good guy, the main problem is that he is Affleck even in Argo, it was angsty Affleck but still Affleck.

Sure, Ledger got and still gets shit, but he did Monsters Ball, Brockeback Mountain, Candy and I am Not There, see his performance in Candy is so damn strong, it shows what an actor he was, a movie that depends only on acting.

Another problem, Affleck is evidence of the Stunt Man Myth.

Dardevil start very strong before they have to design the scenes to looks like if Affleck could do them, saddly when Affleck had to do some of them, it was obvious he cant, the last action scenes look ridiculous when you compare them with the first ones, thie breack the illusion Affleck did the early action scenes and ruin everything.

No Caption Provided

Bale did Equillibrium and train 10 months, he trains Wing Chun in the same place Robert Downey Jr. with the same Sifu.

Batman Kissing Ironman!!
    Batman Kissing Ironman!!

I like Ben, but saddly he has strong weak points, Affleck cares and could finally do something it makes people stop watching him like the dumb friend of Matt Damon, he can finally put his best game and play a great Batman, that dont change i belive Karl Urban, James Purefoy and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are better casting choice for and older Batman.

Lets be honest, he is not going to be the worst Batman, he cares, he will try his best, a bad actor that try his best, is better that a good actor dont give a shit, Clooney is and will be forever the worst Batman EVER!!!

Besides he is a better actor and director that Clooney.

I have a problem with a thing, he was Daredevil, Snyder did 300, i mean if you dont get the problem, it directed The Spirit movie, he is cool, but his Batman ides aged and are outdated today.

Good Bye and i am getting ready for the worst, but i wait Affleck finally takes Matt Damon out of the picture.
    Good Bye and i am getting ready for the worst, but i wait Affleck finally takes Matt Damon out of the picture.
    Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

+1

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice article

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that is a positive thing.

@jayc1324 said:

Nice article

Thanks you, saddly many people dont read this, worst if is not a moderator.

I mean, sure i have problem with Affleck and belive there was better choices, but i mean, is not like if Affleck posted a video of his casting and he sucked, or he got casted for the fact he was famous.

If Snyder has something, is that he is a great casting director, he and Nolan know how to make amazing castings.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Like they cast Lois Lane, Perry White, and Jimmy Olsen... that was some downright amazing casting that was....

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@joygirl said:

Like they cast Lois Lane, Perry White, and Jimmy Olsen... that was some downright amazing casting that was....

Watchmen, 300, Sucker Punch and Dawn of the Dead.

All those casting were design to work, they didnt have super famous actors and were more solid that many super famous castings, for example RED 2.

Oh i get it, the Jenny Olsen urban legend, even when they explain is called Jenny Jurwich, you can see it during some seconds in her credential.

No Caption Provided

Amy Adams is amazingly good, i mean they had to start their relationship and explain how the whole Clark Kent thing, i mean even the comics in the 50s called her stupid for the fact she didnt notice he is Superman.

No Caption Provided

Laurence Fishburne is awesome!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated the cast of man of steel. Amy Adams is as far away from Lois lane as you can get. None of the acting was bad, just none of the actors had the look from the comics

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I hated the cast of man of steel. Amy Adams is as far away from Lois lane as you can get. None of the acting was bad, just none of the actors had the look from the comics

Thats why is called acting.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman

@jayc1324 said:

I agree. I love Amy Adams but saying "acting" just doesn't cut it. Looking the part is just as much a part of the role as acting the part.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Yeah her acting was fine, but she doesn't look like Lois lane. Her personality was a little off too but that's not Amy's fault. When I saw her in the movie, she didnt remind me of a Lois lane.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

RDJ did a gay movie? Ugh now ironman the same any more :(

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By fodigg

The issue I have with Affleck is that, in order to go that route they're going to have to do an older batman. That's not the worst thing in the world, but it kind of kills the buddy-buddy nature of Batman/Superman if Batman is the seasoned mentor.

As for Affleck himself, he's got mad respect from me as a director. I would've loved to see him direct a JLA film with his brother Casey featured as Steve Trevor. As an actor he's hit or miss. Even in Argo, which was fantastic, he was often the least interesting character on-screen.

@ultrastarkiller said:

RDJ did a gay movie? Ugh now ironman the same any more :(

If that bothers you, then I strongly recommend you stay away from anything RDJ related on tumblr. He's a slashfic icon as both Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes. Also, why does that bother you?

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@jayc1324 said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Yeah her acting was fine, but she doesn't look like Lois lane. Her personality was a little off too but that's not Amy's fault. When I saw her in the movie, she didnt remind me of a Lois lane.

Personally, Erika Durance was the best Lois IMO. They should have used her for the film.

I think Ben has the "ability" assuming he's used effectively given he's matured and improved over the last decade. For example, Daredevil wasn't one of his best performances and the action was a bit "meh" on his part. However he's since shown some potentially decent ability to fight IMO in Paycheck - he's pretty good with that staff - so with proper training and fight choreography he might do alright. Also all of his recent films the acting I think has been great. Argo and The Town are the last two films of his I watched and I thought he did a great/amazing job - worthy of the praise he got for them. The biggest thing for me is his voice. I don't mean whether he can do the "batman voice" (god knows Bale's version isn't one to be repeated), I mean that accent he's got - can he cover that up? If not it's gonna be one weird sounding Batman....

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I hope he gives the saame job he did in Devils Advocate

And at least its not The Ben Stiller

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he gives the saame job he did in Devils Advocate

And at least its not The Ben Stiller

That was Keanu.

@jayc1324 said:

Personally, Erika Durance was the best Lois IMO. They should have used her for the film.

I think Ben has the "ability" assuming he's used effectively given he's matured and improved over the last decade. For example, Daredevil wasn't one of his best performances and the action was a bit "meh" on his part. However he's since shown some potentially decent ability to fight IMO in Paycheck - he's pretty good with that staff - so with proper training and fight choreography he might do alright. Also all of his recent films the acting I think has been great. Argo and The Town are the last two films of his I watched and I thought he did a great/amazing job - worthy of the praise he got for them. The biggest thing for me is his voice. I don't mean whether he can do the "batman voice" (god knows Bale's version isn't one to be repeated), I mean that accent he's got - can he cover that up? If not it's gonna be one weird sounding Batman....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Smallville was great for the teen drama it was, but it would had sucked as a movie, so does their cast, only the Luthor could had done anything outside all that soap opera elements.

Bo staff is more easy to use that anything else, also hit thing or the air is harder that trying to dont hit a person and make him look like it hit, thats why Taylor Kitsch look great as Gambit when using the staff, thats why many martial sportist and martial artist fail at making movies.

Argo and Town are Affleck being Affleck, sure are more intense, but saddly he is still playing himself.

ace20xd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Now lest be honest, Affleck cares thing that Clooney dont, Affleck likes comic book, thing that Burton and Nolan didnt, Burton never read a comic book in his life and Nolan only read them when he was directing Batman and the guy is obviously a huge fans of Dennis ONeil and Neal Adams Batman, the reallistic, mature and really dark Batman, heck he even keep the whole Temple in China thing from the ONeil bibble to writte DC, seriously they created Ras Al Ghul who was in Begins and Rises, Talia was in Rises, they created her too, well not they but ONeil and Bob Brown and Re Invented The Joker more like the killer we love, he got Batman back at his roots, like Nolan did with his franchise.

Not totally true, Burton said he never liked reading comics because he didn't know which box to read because of his dyslexia but he said he loved The Killing Joke because that was the first comic he was able to read.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace20xd6: That dont change it came out in 1988 and Batman was made in the 89, that means he read the comic as an adult.

Burton Batman is exactly like his Planet of The Apes, so i dont think he based himself on comics book to make Batman.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan is a Batman fan and Burton has a crazy interest for dark, gothic and campy so Batman definitely interested him, and Affleck is a comic book fan, and he's got the height, the acting skills, I think he'll do a great job.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@wishiwassuperman said:

A-freaking-men dude. Even though I know a lot of people don't like Smallville (and fine, it was very up and down anyways) she was one of the better things about the show. Lois is someone who presences DEMANDS attention. She's a force of nature when it comes to human affairs (and ironically powerless when it comes to Superman threats) and Amy didn't have that sort of presence. She wasn't bad...but man...Erica was so brilliant.

Laurence Fishburne is awesome!!!

Well. He's a good actor. But Man of Steel's representation of Perry White was pretty bad, if not the worst I've seen. It was due to the script though. They wrote him completely wrong.

Perry White is the Editor and Chief of the Daily Planet - the biggest news outlet in the DC world - and every bit the investigative reporter Lois is. Reporters strive to find the stories of the world and tell the truth to the people.

When Lois comes to him in the film, telling him about her first hand experiences about her alien encounter....he says he won't publish it? WHAT? Lois is a Pulitzer prize winning reporter (she says so herself in their argument) - there is no one more legit or qualified. She has first hand experience and witnesses of the ship to back her story...and he won't publish it? No. Sorry. That is NOT who Perry or any journalist is. Not when the world's best reporter has evidence to back up her story that huge. He would publish it immediately and be glad his was part of revealing it to the world.

So yeah...no problem with the actor, but one of the things they didn't do right imo was Perry.

Now then as for the topic...

Ben wasn't my first choice either and I don't know how I feel about it. I don't hate it and don't love it either. Even though Daredevil sucked and he wasn't that great in it...it was 10 years ago. Stuff changes...you tube didn't exist 10 years ago! Ben's work lately has been pretty good and he's also Warner Brother's golden child at this point. It was logical for them to go to him.

All I know is it happened. Hell, they probably had him casted before Man of Steel came out. This is not something that just happened, its been in the works for quite some time given that shooting is set to begin early next year (6-8 months away all ready!). At this point all I can do is hope for the best.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hot

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By havoc1201

@ace20xd6 said:
    @deathpoolthet1000 said:

Not totally true, Burton said he never liked reading comics because he didn't know which box to read because of his dyslexia but he said he loved The Killing Joke because that was the first comic he was able to read.

If you watch the bluray copy of Batman returns Burton had a copy of the Dark Knight returns in his hand pretty much through the whole filming it was his inspiration for Gotham and Batman/ Bruce Wayne for both his movies.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

the grammar in this article is so confusing, are you for Ben Affleck or not?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the grammar in this article is so confusing, are you for Ben Affleck or not?

He has a big jockstrap to fill
    He has a big jockstrap to fill
    But at least they didnt casted Matthew Goode or any other guy like that.
    But at least they didnt casted Matthew Goode or any other guy like that.
    I have faith in the guy, sure there is problems, but is not the worst actor to be casted as Batman
    I have faith in the guy, sure there is problems, but is not the worst actor to be casted as Batman

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Nope. I think he will suck.

I really do. But, I will give him a chance.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have trust issues but all the celebrities are supporting him even Joss Whedon, who has no reason to if he doesn't really believe he can do it. So I shut up and give it a chance. I'm confident he'll at least try with all the backlash he's getting he'll have something to prove.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.