Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

A new "Batman" TV Series ideas?

Avatar image for jjdajetplane223
    jjdajetplane223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Title: I would call it "WAYNE" but I think Batman would have to be in the title. Maybe something long and old school like "The Epic Adventures of Batman."

Season one: Start from the beginning. Have a couple episodes that build up with relationship with his mom and dad. I'd focus more on Martha Wayne because I feel she is a neglected character. Have the Wayne murder within three episodes. From there, show a little of Bruce growing up. Maybe exploring the city. Show the things a young Bruce would have to deal with, like being made fun of by bullies for being a rich boy. Make him an angry young boy. At the end of season one, which jumps in time, Bruce would be 17 years old and that is when he would take off to travel the world.

Season two: Have him travel the world. Show how he learned to do parkour, how he learned to be an escape artist, a martial artist, a detective (a true Henri Ducard, maybe?) and maybe how he learned to fly and drive. Show him learning mechanics and computer technology. Bruce was gone for seven years so this could be a long season or you could even stretch it to season three as long as you had a good story arc going with Bruce's travels.

Season three: either continue the training or have Bruce return to Gotham and then I would like to see a television adaptation of a fleshed out "Zero Year." Maybe different villains and what not, but have Bruce using guerrilla tactics in his war on crime. Show the bat crashing through the window for a Year One reference.

From there, you can have a Batman show for as many years as you want.

Epitaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not sure how successful a show would be just detailing the life of Bruce Wayne before becoming Batman. I would love to see something like this, but the general audience probably wouldn't.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I could see them doing something similar to what they're doing currently in Arrow. Having the series focus mainly on Bruce after he returns to Gotham and having just begun as Batman, while having flashbacks to his years training around the world. Personally I feel that Bruce's training is something we rarely see, both in the comics and in other medias. Which really I find odd seeing as Bruce's journey to becoming The Batman, to me, is something that really defines the character and shows how dedicated he is to fighting crime.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who hates the idea of seeing Bruce go around the world training to be Batman as a TV show?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

Am I the only one who hates the idea of seeing Bruce go around the world training to be Batman as a TV show?

YES!!!!

Is the only way to do it, only if its the first season, if the show goes Smallville and stay in that, it would get ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

I would like if was about Batfamily but not only Batman Alfreed, Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing. But also more members.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like it woul be a perfect role for Jensen Ackles. Seriously, no one could make a better tv batman.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@dctv3363 said:

Why do you hate that idea? Batman would be nothing without that training, making it one of the core developments of his character. Not to mention that aside from a few flashbacks here and there his training is something that I feel would be very interesting to explore. Seeing Bruce before he becomes The Batman, watching him travel the world learning from various masters, all while developing the idea that would eventually transform him into one of the world's greatest superheroes, how would that not be interesting?

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

YES!!!!

Is the only way to do it, only if its the first season, if the show goes Smallville and stay in that, it would get ridiculous.

I'm cool with one season I guess, I just don't want it to be the entire show that would just be pretty boring if you ask me.

@dctv3363 said:

Why do you hate that idea? Batman would be nothing without that training, making it one of the core developments of his character. Not to mention that aside from a few flashbacks here and there his training is something that I feel would be very interesting to explore. Seeing Bruce before he becomes The Batman, watching him travel the world learning from various masters, all while developing the idea that would eventually transform him into one of the world's greatest superheroes, how would that not be interesting?

I just have no real interest in the concept whatsoever. Like I said above it would be cool for one season, and would make for good character development. But as an entire show, that just sounds boring.

Avatar image for jjdajetplane223
    jjdajetplane223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jjdajetplane223

@dctv3363: I think it's the common thinking that if you're going to have a Batman show, you have to show him being Batman right out of the gate. And if you want to touch upon his origin, you have to do it in flashbacks.

I think that is a huge mistake to think that. Absurd thinking, really.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marionettegeist

@jjdajetplane223 said:

@dctv3363: I think it's the common thinking that if you're going to have a Batman show, you have to show him being Batman right out of the gate. And if you want to touch upon his origin, you have to do it in flashbacks.

I think that is a huge mistake to think that. Absurd thinking, really.

That's not how I'm thinking. I actually like the idea of the Gotham show that they're actually making. I just think seeing Batman traveling and training with a bunch of people learning to be Batman for seasons and seasons sounds boring.

EDIT: As a TV show anyway if it was a graphic novel I might consider reading it.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Batman has been done to death.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get the creators of Sherlock and Breaking Bad, let them do their things, maybe start from beginning i.e from year one(not the book but that won't be bad either) or do something completely different.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.