A Graph to show what non-comic book fans know about the Bat

#1 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Found this while looking for a new icon in Google images.

It pretty much sums up the basis of all the arguments I've ever had with my non-comic-book-reading friends:

#2 Posted by ComicStooge (12554 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the old 60's show?

#3 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

What about the old 60's show?

I think that falls under "nanananana Batman!"

#4 Edited by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

At least they are starting with a good foundation. That is a fun song.

BAT MAAAAAANNNNNN!

#5 Posted by MuyJingo (1650 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people know less of comics then they do BTAS.....and probably more of BTAS than the 60's show....

#6 Edited by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Non comic readers think Batman is just Chuck Norris in a mask that makes him even more bad ass. Of course they are also aware that Chuck Norris isn't really all that bad ass and that he's more of a meme than anything else, this creates an interesting feat of "Double Think" as even the most inept non comic fan is aware that Batman can't beat Superman without prep but will still argue that he can to their last breath, without the intention of trolling.Meaning that any no comic fan with a functioning brain believes two completely contradictory things at the same time, both that Batman is the unbeatable pinnacle of badassery who can do anything "because hes Batman" and also that he's just some crazy man in a frigin bat suit that most likely molest children. Unfortunately both of these beliefs manifest randomly at the most annoying times possible.

As for your chart, I don't know what causes people to believe this but I think may be this

#7 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

omg wtf 60's batman???

#8 Posted by Kindredfool (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: That picture is the greatest thing I've ever seen

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12697 posts) - - Show Bio

Non comic fans know more about Batman than one would think.....especially with the Arkham games and the Nolan films

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (13415 posts) - - Show Bio

I think TAS should be a bit bigger, everyone watched that when they were younger.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.