Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

A bat teamed up with a bird?

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
    greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By greencrapweasel

Here's a question i've always had........why team up a bat with a bird? I mean I know they're nothing more than their superhero name but why pick a bat with a bird? Was there nothing better to team up with a bat then?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

It's just a catchy tag.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

What're you talking about? When Batman teams up with Catwoman? Its just catchy I believe...

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By cosmo111687

I think that the bat is meant to symbolize darkness, autumn, and the macabre while the robin symbolizes daytime, spring, and joy. They're meant to counterbalance each other and be all dynamic and such.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CATPANEXE

Robin is key over bird. Robins are unrealistically keen trackers and hunters. Watching them in action is a pure thrill.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.