3 Suggestions batman could do his job better

#1 Edited by adamrolls (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I love me some batman as much as the next guy but some of the some times I think he could handle things a lot better

• An power suit for flight,strength, and projectile firing

This is not far a fetch or even alien considering considering that Bats the comic book universe he lives in. Here are several examples of  Power suits with the DC Universe
Luthor 
John Henry
S.T.R.I.P.E
Project Cadmus Goons
Terry Mcguinnes 

Bruce definitely has the resources to be able to own one of these... And I don't buy that he is some sort of honorable warrior who would only use ancient warrior weapons. Batman is all about getting an edge through technology like
The Bat Computers for Spying and Research
The Batmobile
The Batplane 
The BatBoat
The Batcycle
 Wouldn't having a powersuit on help him get rid of all that bulky Bat equipment?

• Advise/Mentor police instead of lone wolfing it...or Working with the police instead of only working with children

Why does he feel should do it all alone? Would it not be more efficient if he could advise and direct the entire Gotham PD? I'm thinking o Tinker, Taylor ,Soldier  style here.
He could control several investigations at once ( that would certainly have helped in Dark Knight...RIP dark knight)
He would not need to deputize emotionally disturbed children
This would increase the city's trust in the competence of the GDP

• Run for Governor / Mayor Office

Hmmmm...I wonder if a lawmaking, tax money directing, and armed forces ( national guard and police) be effiecient in giving crime a groin punch. Yeah it totally can! 
Isnt it strange that 8 out of ten times when you see a politician in Gotham they are crooked and they are involved in keeping crime up because it will profit them in some way. An when we see a good politician they are either impotent to do anything or they need to be rescued. One would think if a politician can have influence in raising crime rates then they could decrease it too. And were not just talking about any wind vane, flip flopper here... Were talking about Batman
You mean  to tell me the rich handsome white son of beloved family name who also runs several charities cant win an election? Please if Lex could do it then Bruce is a shoe in
 Results of this?:
  1. Better government support for the poor ends the need for crime alley muggings
  2. Death Penalty for violent criminals  the Joker and zzaz ( I know Batman does not kill.. But that's because he operated as a vigilante and borderline outlaw. He needed this distinction to separate himself from the scum he was fighting. If the death's were done within law ( he controls) and received a fair trial he would not have this dilemma.)
  3.   Stricter  Child Labor Laws would force the Grayson's to look for more lifestyle to raise their family
  4. Allowing for Stem cell Reasearch would give progress in medicine that help regenerate the withering parts of disfigured members of the rogues gallery allowing them to lead normal lives
  5. etc.
Anyways those are my thoughts. Thanks for reading. Can you think of any other ways a man with Billions of dollars can their city to be a better place without years of martial arts, spandex suit, and prowling rooftops?
#2 Edited by IfDCRuledTheWorld (645 posts) - - Show Bio

Or he could just go all Bane on folks and start breaking folks backs. Cripple them for life or something. Kind of hard to live a life of crime if you're living in a home bed ridden and sucking food through a straw. But then again, healthcare costs would go up in Gotham.

#3 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

1- depends of the writer

2- heh? isnt that the point of Commissioner Gordon

3- maybe when he is retired

#4 Posted by Onemoreposter (3952 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamrolls: He could be Iron-Super-Green Arrow-Man, but he's Batman, and that's how we like it.

#5 Posted by adamrolls (40 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onemoreposter said:

@adamrolls: He could be Iron-Super-Green Arrow-Man, but he's Batman, and that's how we like it.

But the Bruce is such a intelligent pragmatitic planner... At one point he must have looked at himself in the mirror after a night of fighting street thugs who were loitering. He is covered in bruises, blood (some his ..some from others), and and tears in his spandex. I'm sure he would say something like ..."What the fuck am I doing?"
#6 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

My belief is Batman should use Iron Man armor, have his own Iron men army and take over the planet.

#7 Posted by Onemoreposter (3952 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

My belief is Batman should use Iron Man armor, have his own Iron men army and take over the planet.

He does. Please see Batman Inc 5 and 6.

#8 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

A political Bruce, that would be kinda interesting to see.

#9 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@colonyofcells said:

lol Yeah, funny how the timing worked on that huh?

Now, on the OP, all the ideas might make good books, but not a good Batman book. Batman wouldn't be Batman if he wore a power-suit 24/7, or if he was mayor/governor. Idea number 2...he already works with the police, but I would never want him to work more than he does now.

#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9561 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

QFT!!!!<

#11 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

1: An argument could be made that Batman knows if he begins to rely on tech, his physical skills would suffer from disuse. Given that he can't have the powersuit with him at all times, that would be very bad. Not to mention that weaponized projectile launchers are kind of against his creed, with the whole no guns thing.

2: Batman doesn't work with the police force at large because the vast majority of them are corrupt. Hence why the crime in Gotham is where it is: They've bought the cops. Cops get the right kinds of money, stuff tends to happen while cops accidentally look the other way. Commissioner Gordon is one of the few non corrupt cops in Gotham PD, hence why Batman works with him, and why Gordon covers Batman's rear with the other cops. If Batman were to train just ONE corrupt cop in the same crash course he puts his Robin's through, and that cop started training criminals, it would be like blood in water. While relatively few thugs would follow the training through, enough would to make Batman's job a lot more dangerous. Especially since they don't have his scruples.

3. Batman can't become mayor. Too much in the public eye, too many meetings, too many criminals with their eye on him to do what needs doing. Bruce Wayne could have, probably, but he's dead.

#12 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@colonyofcells said:

Plus the insider suit, which in my opinion is one he should keep on stand by at all times

#14 Posted by Jean199999 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman includes power suits and stuff then villains will have to step their game up and we'll end up seeing Batman fighting metas more and more. Can Gotham city withstand more damage done by super powered beings, on a frequent basis?

#15 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman prefers to work alone, he can just drive a giant robot and rule the planet. Drones are also becoming popular now so maybe Batman can shoot everyone with billions and billions of drones.

#16 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs to make a SSS, use guns, and become immortal lol

#17 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman using armor was popularized by Frank Miller ages ago. Batman using robots is about as old as the Kingdom Come Batman and Batman Inc is just borrowing some ideas from the bat robots of Kingdom Come.

#18 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5186 posts) - - Show Bio

He could stop being a homo and kill The Joker. The Joker scares even most of Bats Rogues Gallery, if he offed him the majority of them may skip town for fear they'd be next. But the Batfans would revolt so it'll never happen , damn

#19 Posted by roboadmiral (538 posts) - - Show Bio

1. That's not nearly as frightening, and Batman's supposed to be rather scary. It's much easier to wrap your head around a big mechanical robot than it is some huge feral thing leaping out of the shadows and mauling you. Getting hit by a car going 60mph is just as (if not more) likely to kill you as getting mauled by a bear, but most people would find the bear the more frightening prospect.

2. Mind that this is just my interpretation of the character and some may disagree with me. Batman isn't about the law. If he were he would be a lawyer or cop or something, but instead he is Batman. He doesn't enforce the law, he fights evil. He breaks the law all the time. Most of his means of gathering information are inadmissible in court, but they're very effective means of tracking down murderers and beating them to bloody pulp in alleys. He exists to fill the gap that occurs between the law and justice.

3. My answer to 2 is also applicable here. As for fixing the villains, they've tried that, it doesn't work. Bruce Wayne has funded surgery for for Two-Face at least a dozen times, and Two-Face usually ends up mutilating himself and going back to being a villain. And Bruce isbetter of doing all the philanthropic save-the-city stuff from the private sector, that way he can just do whatever it is that he needs to do instead of going through whatever legal channel, getting enough votes to get his ideas passed through city council, etc.

#20 Posted by adamrolls (40 posts) - - Show Bio
@roboadmiral said:

1. That's not nearly as frightening, and Batman's supposed to be rather scary. It's much easier to wrap your head around a big mechanical robot than it is some huge feral thing leaping out of the shadows and mauling you. Getting hit by a car going 60mph is just as (if not more) likely to kill you as getting mauled by a bear, but most people would find the bear the more frightening prospect.

2. Mind that this is just my interpretation of the character and some may disagree with me. Batman isn't about the law. If he were he would be a lawyer or cop or something, but instead he is Batman. He doesn't enforce the law, he fights evil. He breaks the law all the time. Most of his means of gathering information are inadmissible in court, but they're very effective means of tracking down murderers and beating them to bloody pulp in alleys. He exists to fill the gap that occurs between the law and justice.

3. My answer to 2 is also applicable here. As for fixing the villains, they've tried that, it doesn't work. Bruce Wayne has funded surgery for for Two-Face at least a dozen times, and Two-Face usually ends up mutilating himself and going back to being a villain. And Bruce isbetter of doing all the philanthropic save-the-city stuff from the private sector, that way he can just do whatever it is that he needs to do instead of going through whatever legal channel, getting enough votes to get his ideas passed through city council, etc.

1. I liked your bear to car analogy..that is true shit.. but mechanical marvels can present terror/awe as well...Terminator..Christine...Robocop.and bruce can add a theatrical angle to his armor/suit that would dampen diapers
Plus would fear be necessary? Remember Bruce thought of bats/ fear as a tool to fight the cowardly lot. If he had iron man powers would he need fear?  

2. Operating outside the law is one approach a planner like bruce can take to achieve his goal. And his goal is to see that what happens to him would not happen to anyone else. That is why he focuses so much on crime.  A thinker like batman must have atleast considered the advantage of cleaning up the GDP and having them work for/with him 

3. But the legal channel is exactly whats wrong with gotham if Bruce could be a legislator then he could fix the root of the problems instead of always dealing with the symptoms
#21 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamrolls said:

Well I love me some batman as much as the next guy but some of the some times I think he could handle things a lot better
  • An power suit for flight,strength, and projectile firing

• Advise/Mentor police instead of lone wolfing it...or Working with the police instead of only working with children

• Run for Governor / Mayor Office

I agree with all three ideas. Some others are to get over Gotham being "his" city and allow other heroes to help out, using his enemies technology, growing a pair and emptying a round in the Joker's skull, etc.

#22 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

batman doesn t have that much time because he is in the JL too and in JLI

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.