Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

3 Reason Batman Will Die In TDKR

comicsanity016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comicsanity016

http://bit.ly/xmFXck There are three main reasons why Batman has to die. The one I agree with the most is based on Harvey Dent's quote in TDK: "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Batman has to die here. He's lived long enough to see himself become a villain, so now it's only logical he dies a hero. Am I wrong to think this?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

I have one perfect reason why he won't die: It's called the Dark Knight Rises.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By batshrine

He won't die, but that new cop character will

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Remi

@AtPhantom said:

Pffft, that just means he'll be zombie at the end of the movie, silly goose.

theholypuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theholypuma

That quote clearly applies to Havey Dent himself, the foreshadowing of what he will become.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AtPhantom

@Remi said:

Pffft, that just means he'll be zombie at the end of the movie, silly goose.

...Mind. Blown.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By _Zombie_

He's not going to die. Why? He's Batman, and one of DC's flagship characters. While it might make it outshine Avengers, I doubt they're going to take that risk with a character this big.

However, it is very likely (in my opinion, at least), that Lucius Fox will either die or be severely injured.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By TheCrowbar

Joesph Gordon Levitt is actually Jim Gordon's son...

PLOTTWIST

HE'S THE REAL VILLIAN!

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Redberry

I don't mind if he dies. Movies work best as trilogy. They are more memorable that way.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @AtPhantom said:

That means nothing, it could just mean his myth rises after his death or he needs to rise to Banes challenge after being out of the game and I don't know why pepole are saying "oh it's to much of a risk to kill him" it's not a risk at all, this is the last in the DK trilogy it's not like there killing a character in an ongoing series 
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

That means nothing, it could just mean his myth rises after his death or he needs to rise to Banes challenge after being out of the game and I don't know why pepole are saying "oh it's to much of a risk to kill him" it's not a risk at all, this is the last in the DK trilogy it's not like there killing a character in an ongoing series

Or it could mean Batman finally settles into being Batman. Or it could mean all three (Minus the death part). Symbolism need not be so constraining.

Though honestly, the very title of 'Dark Knight Rises' evoke an image of complete victory, of Batman finally triumphing against his enemies. To have him die at the end would considerably lessen that victory. We already have one movie where he metaphorically sacrificed the Batman for the good of the city. To have another do the same would be.. repetitive.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @AtPhantom said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

That means nothing, it could just mean his myth rises after his death or he needs to rise to Banes challenge after being out of the game and I don't know why pepole are saying "oh it's to much of a risk to kill him" it's not a risk at all, this is the last in the DK trilogy it's not like there killing a character in an ongoing series

Or it could mean Batman finally settles into being Batman. Or it could mean all three (Minus the death part). Symbolism need not be so constraining.

Though honestly, the very title of 'Dark Knight Rises' evoke an image of complete victory, of Batman finally triumphing against his enemies. To have him die at the end would considerably lessen that victory. We already have one movie where he metaphorically sacrificed the Batman for the good of the city. To have another do the same would be.. repetitive.

Him dying in order to inspire the citizens of Gotham to be better pepole is 100% a victory and what he had set out to do all along. Nolan wants to end his trilogy in a way no other director can carry it on, death seems like the most logical way to do that rather than " Batman beats all the badguys and lives happily ever after" 
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

House fans say Hoouse will die at the last episode.

He live and Wilson died, main reason kill House had less b@llz that killing Wilson, a guy that have all the reason to live and was positive about life.

Killing the hero dont have as much b@llz as people belive, is a huge cliche today in movie and tv.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CrimsonCake

I can see it sort of happening but it's not like he HAS to die.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tyler Starke

Well my first thought was that Batman was going to die because of the back and fourth he has with catwoman in the trailer. Catwoman says " You've given them everything blah blah" Batman replies " Not Everything growl growl" and then I thought to myself, I bet every fanboy will come to this conclusion and think they're soooooo smart. Well guess what suckas Christopher Nolan is smarter than you and I guarantee you won't predict the end of his movie.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be an Inception, Bruce Wayne was insane and created all this Gotham City thing.

Then at the en we will see Cobb, it will be the Ultimate movie a sequel of TDK and Inception.

Yeah, Nolan is going to rape your mind again!!!!

CURSEEEEE YOUUUUU NOOOOOLAAAAAAN!!!!!!!

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Imagine_Man15

http://www.cracked.com/blog/advanced-batman-theory-why-nolan-will-kill-bruce-wayne/

Not saying I agree with this, but I thought it was an interesting argument.

dukepliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dukepliskin

I can see the movie ending with Bruce Waynes death, they need someone to take his place as Batman though. Batman cannot die.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
    Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blacklightning13

The movies are written by Christian Bale. He has a unique out look on batman. It's quite possible he will die. Next Time they make a Batman movie they can just start again. Like they have all ready done twice.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AngeTheDude

@Blacklightning13 said:

The movies are written by Christian Bale. He has a unique out look on batman. It's quite possible he will die. Next Time they make a Batman movie they can just start again. Like they have all ready done twice.

I'm pretty sure the movies are written by the Nolans and David S. Goyer.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

The kill Bruce, but have someone else take on the mantle without directly showing who it is. I'd actually like it if they ended with movie with someone in the full Bat-suit being called Dick, Jason, or Tim by either Lucius or Alfred. They said they weren't having Robin's, but Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake all became something other than Robin and have donned the Bat-suit.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
    Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blacklightning13

@AngeTheDude said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

I'm pretty sure the movies are written by the Nolans and David S. Goyer.

lol hahaha. That's the second time I have done that today. I meant Nolan. Nolan is an excellent writer and has a brilliant vision for batman.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cameron83

@ZombieBigfoot: but this batman is seperate from the..i guess,justice league franchise...however,they will reboot batman as i hear

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By serpent222

I think it would make the trilogy quite memorable, and would be a fairly logical closure point if he did die. And I'm a Bane fan, so if he did put Batman out of commission permanently, I'd take it. I doubt he will, though. It just seems a little wrong. If he were killed off, though, I'm sure DC could play it up as an alternate earth and then be in the clear to recast Batman for a Justice League movie.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't think that he will die.He will be broken mentally but he will rise.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
    eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eatmore_payless

the best way to end a trilogy is making the viewer think that the main character died. did you get my point? Like in the god of war games trilogy, they made us all think that Kratos died but you clearly see that at the end of the credits, there was a trail of blood heading towards a cliff, so that made the gamers hyped with expectations. And if Nolan does kill batman, would all the people of gotham city be confused on the reason why Bruce Wayne died? I mean that will all just mess up the story. So I came up with a hypothesis on how will the movie goes, bane will discovers batmans true identity, reveal it on the public, he fights batman to death, Batman will be dead. Kinda crappy right

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman dying would suck, worst if it becuase of Bane, the guy that has to take him down when the guy was tired.

Lets face it, if Deathstroke cant kill Batman in a fair fight, i mean Deathstroke can kill Bane, so there is no way this movie will end like that.

Bane is just the KGBeast long before DC decide to make him useless.

But at least the KGBeast could have a fair fight with Batman and almost beat him.

It should end like House, lifes continues, dont matter if the trilogy ends, lifes continues and nothing will change that.

Send that message is way more strong that killing the hero.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.