25 Reasons why Batman is better than Superman.

  • 0 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Hes more believable

2. Doesnt have any superpowers whatsoever and still manages to get the job done

3. Stronger willed

4. Cooler costume

5. Batman is fallible in different ways because he has no powers and not just 'kriptonyte'

6. Bruce Wayne=pimp, Clark Kent=nerd (Superman take ages to get a chick, Batman seconds)

7. Batman is smarter

8. A better leader

9. Better looking

10. Batman uses fear as a weapon, whereas when we see Superman, we almost want to laugh.

11. Batman= Dark Knight, Superman=Boyscouteasons why Batman is cooler than Superman.

12. Better movie franchise

13. Better looking

14. Batman has all those cool gadgets.

15. The Car

16. Better fighter

17. Better tactician

18. Gotham is cooler than Metropolis

19. Better Villains

20. Batman is tortured and complex and has a motivation. Superman is too damn good, becuase he decide to be to damn good.

21. Batman: The Animated Series is better that Superman: The Animated Series

22. Batman can beat pretty much anyone, with some prep time, with his mind or fists, Superman has to rely on his powers most of the time.

23. Batman can solve the most difficult of puzzles and can hack into computers with ease, Superman can barely solve the daily crossword puzzle in the newspaper.

24. You can sing his theme song and is epic, NANANANANANANA BATMAN, NANANANANA BAAAATMAAAN, BAAAATMAAAAN, BAAAATMAAAAN, i dont belive you can do that with Superman theme song.

25. HE IS THE DARKNESS, THE IS THE NIGHT, HE IS THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!

26. He is his own best villain.

#2 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

You wrote Better Looking twice. I think someone has a crush

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12272 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is not more believable then Superman
 
Hell, Supes breaks every law of physics under the sun, but he is an alien...he has an excuse
 
Batman is a normal guy who is physical human peak, knows everything from advanced chemistry to criminal psychology, owns cars, boats, jets, dodges bullets, knows every martial art, etc...just straight ridiculousness

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (56850 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, he's not smarter.
BB

#5 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

6. Bruce Wayne=pimp, Clark Kent=nerd (Superman take ages to get a chick, Batman seconds)

PS: That pic of Bruce with a female Joker is really disturbing because in the Flashpoint Universe the Joker was his mother!

#6 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

as was pointed out in kick ass, noone is going to be Batman. noone does all those pushups. Batman isn't that believable.

Bruce wayne and clark kent are both personalitys constructed to hide the superhero aspect. Clark ended up married pre new 52, Bruce may have had many women but he had verry few loves in his life.

I would not say Batman was stronger willed, case in point Infinite Crisis.

Superman is an intrinsically better leader than batman because people follow him without him asking them to. He's a symbol that people will follow, batman has to use force to get people to follow him.

Batman uses fear, Superman uses Trust. Really which one of those is better.

Batman has cool gadgets, Superman has cool powers

Batman has a car, Superman can fly.

Metropolis is the art and culture capital of the DC world , gotham is the crime capital.

Better villians? please. Batman may have the joker but Lex luthor is the single greatest villian of all time.

Batman is tortured? HA! superman has to deal with being able to hear all of the crime going on in the world and block it out, his planet is gone, he has to make life or death desicions every minute of every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUMocCJ5wg the greatest theme of all time, it may not be singable but you can hum it at any time and it is epic.

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that Batman fanboys are so insecure that they must always compare him to Superman? They are two completely different characters that just happen to inhabit the same universe. Saying one's better than the other is like saying Captain America is better than Dr. Doom. They have next to nothing in common other than the fact that they're both comic book characters that inhabit the same continuity.

Sorry for the short rant, but I can't stand it when people insist that "Batman is better than Superman" like it's some sort of proven fact. It's not a fact, it's an opinion. You want a fact? Superman can obliterate Batman if he wanted to. That's a fact.

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

...

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Batman alot but this is just silly. Why argue who is better no one wins.

p.s. Batman is in no way belivable.

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9739 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

...

#11 Posted by DarthShap (874 posts) - - Show Bio

This is childish. Both are great characters. And whenever a writer thinks he needs to make Superman look bad so that Batman looks good, he is doing a bad job (I am looking at you Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello).

You are doing the exact same thing.

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp said:

...

#13 Posted by esreborn (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

That suit... :3

#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: @Gambit1024: Yeah i saw this right when he posted it and i couldn't come up with anything worth saying that might give this troll a piece of mind. Obviously he just wanted to cause trouble watching people argue about which character is better

@SuperShafe said:

as was pointed out in kick ass, noone is going to be Batman. noone does all those pushups. Batman isn't that believable.

Bruce wayne and clark kent are both personalitys constructed to hide the superhero aspect. Clark ended up married pre new 52, Bruce may have had many women but he had verry few loves in his life.

I would not say Batman was stronger willed, case in point Infinite Crisis.

Superman is an intrinsically better leader than batman because people follow him without him asking them to. He's a symbol that people will follow, batman has to use force to get people to follow him.

Batman uses fear, Superman uses Trust. Really which one of those is better.

Batman has cool gadgets, Superman has cool powers

Batman has a car, Superman can fly.

Metropolis is the art and culture capital of the DC world , gotham is the crime capital.

Better villians? please. Batman may have the joker but Lex luthor is the single greatest villian of all time.

Batman is tortured? HA! superman has to deal with being able to hear all of the crime going on in the world and block it out, his planet is gone, he has to make life or death desicions every minute of every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUMocCJ5wg the greatest theme of all time, it may not be singable but you can hum it at any time and it is epic.

Well said

#15 Posted by cattlebattle (12272 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: He isn't really a troll, he actually makes some good posts....just not this one
#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: ah

#17 Edited by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: looks alot like

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (12272 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperShafe said:

@cattlebattle: looks alot like

Thats the Cornette face, LOL....
#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

You didn't need to spam the pictures.

#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11701 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is smarter than Batman, Bruce just has to rely on his intelligence more often because he doesn't have any powers. The will thing is arguable, Superman was a candidate for GLC'S membership.. As for better looking, they actually look pretty similar if you think about it. Bats does have a better costume. Supes gets his fair share of women, Lois is the only one that he really had any trouble with. Supes has badass villains, Lex Luthor, Braniac, and Darkseid to name a few.

Online
#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you do this to troll me?

#22 Posted by ColonelRunAway (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarier? Huh. Somehow I find the flying indestructible alien demigod a lot more intimidating than the dude with pointy ears on his head who crouches in the shadows. Guess I'm weird like that.

#23 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@ColonelRunAway said:

Scarier? Huh. Somehow I find the flying indestructible alien demigod a lot more intimidating than the dude with pointy ears on his head who crouches in the shadows. Guess I'm weird like that.

batman is cool and crazy. superman is scary when he doesn't hold back while fighting you.

#24 Posted by DesertHunter24 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@ColonelRunAway said:

Scarier? Huh. Somehow I find the flying indestructible alien demigod a lot more intimidating than the dude with pointy ears on his head who crouches in the shadows. Guess I'm weird like that.

batman is cool and crazy. superman is scary when he doesn't hold back while fighting you.

I'd prefer not to fight him...^^

PS: But still Batman > Chuck Norris !

#25 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Did you do this to troll me?

#26 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Did you do this to troll me?

If i was a troll, i would have say Micheal Bay movies are awesome.

Is a joke thread, i think people get it from the Cornholio image.

@SuperShafe said:

@cattlebattle: looks alot like

Is a Cornette face, is about getting shock about a bizarre thing in wrestling, from the very popular video of Botchamania.

@cattlebattle said:

@DEGRAAF: He isn't really a troll, he actually makes some good posts....just not this one

Saddly, people remember me as teh MacGyver guy, for the fact i like MacGyver, also for the fact i was making fun of the battle forum guys.

Also, did you watched the last Botchamania video?

#27 Posted by Onemoreposter (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeh. An alien species with translight speed capability who happened to evolve in a manor aesthetically identical to homo sapiens sending the last survivor of their race galaxies away to earth, under which conditions the being is granted incomprehensible god like powers is more believable than a billionaire who happens to be one of the greatest minds on the planet who happens to one of the greatest fighters on the planet deciding to spend his money on (working) planes, cars, submarines, and spaceships (all of which are better than anything else in existence) and deciding to spend all his free time fighting criminals and lasting for even a week.

.....actually when I started posting that I was serious but you know what? Batman actually is more believable than Batman, but not by much. They're both freakin ridiculous.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (20703 posts) - - Show Bio

These are all just horrible reasons.

#29 Posted by entropy_aegis (13552 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Why is it that Batman fanboys are so insecure that they must always compare him to Superman? They are two completely different characters that just happen to inhabit the same universe. Saying one's better than the other is like saying Captain America is better than Dr. Doom. They have next to nothing in common other than the fact that they're both comic book characters that inhabit the same continuity.

Sorry for the short rant, but I can't stand it when people insist that "Batman is better than Superman" like it's some sort of proven fact. It's not a fact, it's an opinion. You want a fact? Superman can obliterate Batman if he wanted to. That's a fact.

Disagree with the first line,Superman fans on this site are more insecure.Just take a look at last weeks thread right here on this forum.

#30 Posted by entropy_aegis (13552 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: Luthor is just one villain,Batman has hordes of them.

#31 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Why is it that Batman fanboys are so insecure that they must always compare him to Superman? They are two completely different characters that just happen to inhabit the same universe. Saying one's better than the other is like saying Captain America is better than Dr. Doom. They have next to nothing in common other than the fact that they're both comic book characters that inhabit the same continuity.

Sorry for the short rant, but I can't stand it when people insist that "Batman is better than Superman" like it's some sort of proven fact. It's not a fact, it's an opinion. You want a fact? Superman can obliterate Batman if he wanted to. That's a fact.

Disagree with the first line,Superman fans on this site are more insecure.Just take a look at last weeks thread right here on this forum.

I never said one was more insecure than the other. I'm fully aware that this site has Superman fanboys as well (insecure ones at that).

#32 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp said:

...

#33 Posted by joshmightbe (24088 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Batman scarier than Superman? Superman could accidentally kill you and your whole family with a sneeze, Bats has to try to scare you but all Superman has to do is be upset to fill the entire world with mortal dread. Batman gets pissed he breaks your nose Supes gets pissed he breaks your goddamned hemisphere

#34 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Zod, Bizarro, Ultraman, Darksied, Braniac, Sam lane....

#35 Posted by ARMIV2 (7651 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

I like Batman alot but this is just silly. Why argue who is better no one wins.

p.s. Batman is in no way belivable.

This. More or less, this.

#36 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

I suddenly hate Batman.

#37 Posted by entropy_aegis (13552 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

@entropy_aegis: Zod, Bizarro, Ultraman, Darksied, Braniac, Sam lane....

Zod is badass but he needs a retcon every few years,same goes for Riddler though I do personally prefer Zod.

Bizarro... not exactly much of a character,Batman has Wrath and Batzarro.

Ultraman eh,Batman has 2 different Owlmen,The Court of Owls which has an army of Talons.

Darkseid is NOT a Superman villain by that logic we could add Deathstroke to the Batman rogues gallery.

Ra's al Ghul>>>>>>>>>Sam Lane

Bane is a better character than Brainiac.

#38 Posted by Th3DarkKn1ght24 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay Batman is by far my favorite superhero but they are friends, so why can't we all just get along lol

In my opinion they are both bad ass and when they team up, it is even more bad ass, so here are the equations:

Batman= Bad Ass Human

Superman= Bad Ass Alien

Batman + Superman= The Most Bad Ass Team of Two

#39 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Bane is no villain, He's just Bane, I do agree that bane is a much better character than some incarnations of Braniac though

#40 Posted by entropy_aegis (13552 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

@entropy_aegis: Bane is no villain, He's just Bane, I do agree that bane is a much better character than some incarnations of Braniac though

But he started off as a Batman villain.

#41 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: fine i'll concede the point. Honestly I'm a superman first guy but I'm definiitly not someone who would refuse to admit Batman's awesomeness, I just felt that i could pick apart many of the points in this thread and should do so.

#42 Posted by GaryTitan (81 posts) - - Show Bio

One of these threads again... Sigh.

#43 Posted by entropy_aegis (13552 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

@entropy_aegis: fine i'll concede the point. Honestly I'm a superman first guy but I'm definiitly not someone who would refuse to admit Batman's awesomeness, I just felt that i could pick apart many of the points in this thread and should do so.

Ok.

#44 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

How is Batman scarier than Superman? Superman could accidentally kill you and your whole family with a sneeze, Bats has to try to scare you but all Superman has to do is be upset to fill the entire world with mortal dread. Batman gets pissed he breaks your nose Supes gets pissed he breaks your goddamned hemisphere

Becuase you know, Superman is not going to do it, also if he do it, he would go back in time and save you from himself.

Also, lets face it, Superman Villains arent as good as Batman ones, i mean the next best villains are the Spiderman ones, well before Marvel decide to change all those guy for something "cooler"

Also, notice that Batman is a Good Father? thread, take weeks before he got into the page 3, this one take one day.

People in this forums is too negative and have no sense of humor, even when the joke is obvious.

Also i will say it forever, the battle forum sucks, any place where people belive Galactus has a achnce to beat Q, has big problems.

#45 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Nowadays, the code word for troll thread is "joke" thread.

#46 Posted by joshmightbe (24088 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: I'm not saying Batman is a bad Character and you're using our 4th wall logic in your explanation but lets be real here, anyone who knows or believes Batman is human may be scared in the way you are scared when a vicious looking stray dog wanders up behind you where as Someone like Superman who may as well be a god to a human would realistically fill people with a kind of primal fear they get when hurricane is coming at them and they know there is nothing they can do to stop it. This shouldn't even be a question, we are biologically programmed to fear things we can't stop, I'm willing to bet that deep down even Lex Luthor is terrified of the day when Supes finally loses it

#47 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Any way, why i would be afraid of dying at all? if Superman is real, it means i live in a universe without death, what mean that i am not going to die forever if Superman or any one with a bizarre costume kills me.

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

Nowadays, the code word for troll thread is "joke" thread.

I forget for a second that the Intrnetz is serious business and more when we talk about fictional characters that use funny costumes.

#48 Edited by joshmightbe (24088 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that Batman fanboys always say Batman being a fallible human is one of the main reasons they love him but if you question his perfection in any way shape or form they start freaking out?

#49 Posted by HolySerpent (12337 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#50 Posted by PurpleCandy (768 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is awesome, I watched Batman: TAS, every episode. Not just for entertainment, each episode tought me a philosophy, wise ones that every person should go by. Even in the Static Shock episode where Bats tells Static "Never wear your ID in costume". Batman is the smartest human ever, he's not just a supehero he's a symbol. I mean Superman is just some fantasy land, and and a term synomus with invincible, unbeatable, and being able to do anything, and most of all "FAKE"!. I mean when people say "Oh I'm no Superman", haha who cares about Superman when you can be BATMAN! Anyone can be Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.