Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

20 Ways Batman can beat the Joker without killing him.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PurpleCandy

Batman cannot kill the Joker.

I get that, Batman doesn't kill, that's his #1 Rule. So why not just disable him? I can think of many ways, I will list 20.

1. Cripple his legs, just like the Joker did the Barbra. Joker might have a hard time being the prince of crime in a Wheelchair.
    2. Of course that won't stop him, so why not tear his arms off while he is at it.
    3. Ask Booster Gold to send him back in time and get the same Crowbar that Joker beat Jason Todd with, take it with him to the present, then bash the Joker's brain in and turn him comatose.
    4. Get out a pair of pliers and pull out his teeth.
    5. Castrate him.
    6. Send him to the Phantom Zone where he will get torn apart by intergalactic overlords and kryptonians.
    7. Send him to a prison on another Planet, such as Oa.
    8. Tear off his ears.
    9. Send him to another dimension.
    10. Pour Sulfuric Acid down his throat so he will never be able to speak or eat again.
    11. Pour Sulfuric Acid on his eyes so he won't be able to see.
    12. Or find a way to disable all 5 of his senses.
    13. Give him a brain transplant with Jimmy Olsen. Then burn the Joker's brain and send the ashes to a different dimension.
    14. Have Booster Gold send him to the Dinosaur Age or to the End of Time.
    15. Ask Booster Gold to send him back in time and sterilize the Joker's father.
    16. Shrink him and then put him in Ant Pile.
    17. Shrink him and put him a Hornet's Nest.
    18. Have a reality-warping character like Captain Atom turn him into a plant or a ken doll.
    19. Use his resources as Bruce Wayne to create a false identity for the Joker and have him deported to a a prison in Russia.
    20. Use aging technology to transform the Joker into an old man on the brink of death.

I can think of more than the 20 I came up with but I will list them another day so it doesn't seem like I am bumping my own post. Feel free to add more.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Ummm

I think a lot of these are pretty close to the "not killing" line, I can't really say I'd prefer to see a Batman who eye-gouges, then uses acid on captives...

PS. I think you may need to get a hobby, there's an awful lot of scary thought involved in that list...

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Call Superman and let him kill Joker.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By micah007123

Instead of all that just let Bats snap his neck and be done with it.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: Superman doesn't kill either. Though he killed Jokes in Injustice, that was the Joker didn't just commit a crime, he made a personal attack on Superman.

Also, 21. Reverse time and kidnap the Joker as a baby and raise him as a protégé

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Without ears, the Joker will be defeated.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman should just get green lantern to drop off the Joker on some random inhabitable world and then leave him alone.

ThouUnworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm

I think a lot of these are pretty close to the "not killing" line, I can't really say I'd prefer to see a Batman who eye-gouges, then uses acid on captives...

PS. I think you may need to get a hobby, there's an awful lot of scary thought involved in that list...

All-Star Batman and Robin's Batman disagrees.

I get that, Batman doesn't kill, that's his #1 Rule. So why not just disable him? I can think of many ways, I will list 20.

1. Cripple his legs, just like the Joker did the Barbra. Joker might have a hard time being the prince of crime in a Wheelchair.
    2. Of course that won't stop him, so why not tear his arms off while he is at it.
    3. Ask Booster Gold to send him back in time and get the same Crowbar that Joker beat Jason Todd with, take it with him to the present, then bash the Joker's brain in and turn him comatose.
    5. Castrate him.
    6. Send him to the Phantom Zone where he will get torn apart by intergalactic overlords and kryptonians.
    8. Tear off his ears.
    10. Pour Sulfuric Acid down his throat so he will never be able to speak or eat again.
    13. Give him a brain transplant with Jimmy Olsen. Then burn the Joker's brain and send the ashes to a different dimension.
    18. Have a reality-warping character like Captain Atom turn him into a plant or a ken doll.
    19. Use his resources as Bruce Wayne to create a false identity for the Joker and have him deported to a a prison in Russia.
    20. Use aging technology to transform the Joker into an old man on the brink of death.

I can think of more than the 20 I came up with but I will list them another day so it doesn't seem like I am bumping my own post. Feel free to add more.

The bolded points 5 and 8 won't disable him for good, only slow him down for a while.

And nearly half of the remaining points are still what I would classify as murder. =.=

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Saren

But Joker is Satan

No Caption Provided

Batman can't beat Satan, silly goose

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

And he'll still come back after all that,for Gods sakes he regrew his frickin face.

ThouUnworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Uh its because of popularity power (See TV Tropes). Joker is a popular villain. The recent Batman comics are an attempt to give an in-universe, serious explanation of how he survived those impossible odds.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantom Zone sounds good. Better idea is to simply send him to a prison in space, courtesy of the Lanterns.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@entropy_aegis: Uh its because of popularity power (See TV Tropes). Joker is a popular villain. The recent Batman comics are an attempt to give an in-universe, serious explanation of how he survived those impossible odds.

I dunno what it is,but the Joker is walking non sense at this point.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would just break his arms and legs.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in BatButtSex!!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RustyRoy

And he'll still come back after all that,for Gods sakes he regrew his frickin face.

He was also shot at point blank range in between the eyes and still survived. People should know already that unless it's an alternate Earth, no prison, be it Phantom Zone or GL prison, will stop Joker from escaping.

@saren said:

But Joker is Satan

No Caption Provided

Batman can't beat Satan, silly goose

And Batman is God so Batman can beat Joker

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The thing is, they already tried crippling him and it didn't work. They tried shooting him in the face, it didn't work. And Batman just doesn't torture people like that. He's not Punisher max, it's a line that's extremely close to murder, or insanity, that even Batman will prefer to stay away from. And story-line wise we've seen how badly sending someone to another dimension can go. Also, he doesn't know who joker is, so he can't sterilize his father or whatever stuff that dealt with a younger joker.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put him somewhere he can't freaking escape.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*pretends that they didn't REALLY suggest that Joker is an actual demon*

'Not killing' someone doesn't mean that you chop all their limbs off and pour acid in their eyes. That would kinda be the same thing morally. Perhaps worse, since the MoS style neck snap is really fast.

OP I hate to tell you this, but from your list of solutions: you are more Joker than Batman. To realize your inner Batman, you must let go of having a good enough reason to dismember and kill. Junkies think they have a good enough reason to kill old ladies for their SS check.

Me personally: I believe that Joker should have been killed, but I also want Batman to stay Batman and be better than me. If he was a regular jerk like everyone else then he wouldn't be the GOTDAMNED BATMAN.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: For real?O_O

Depends. The two other possibilities DC has suggested so far are that Joker is basically Ultron, a malevolent AI with an infinite number of bodies that makes killing him permanently impossible, or that Joker is a centuries-old evil spirit that feeds off Gotham's psyche to survive.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

As far as suggesting Joker is actually the Devil or some other supernatural force goes, it's not really new; Snyder is just decidedly unsubtle about it, but that's probably because he wants to make it a central point in Endgame. Morrison did it several times as well; sometimes it was subtler things like Simon Hurt the fake-Satan finally meeting his end at Joker's hands, and sometimes he almost banged you over the head with like when Joker sliced his own tongue to make it forked.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@saren said:

@theacidskull said:

Depends. The two other possibilities DC has suggested so far are that Joker is basically Ultron, a malevolent AI with an infinite number of bodies that makes killing him permanently impossible, or that Joker is a centuries-old evil spirit that feeds off Gotham's psyche to survive.

Doesn't that kind of ruin the dynamic? I mean, the symbolism has been used before, but when it subtle it doesn't really break the idea that Joker is just a crazy dude who's "ahead of the curve."

I'm not pretending to know what the hell I'm talking about, since I haven't read that many batman story, but I'd like to hear what you think.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

As far as suggesting Joker is actually the Devil or some other supernatural force goes, it's not really new; Snyder is just decidedly unsubtle about it, but that's probably because he wants to make it a central point in Endgame. Morrison did it several times as well; sometimes it was subtler things like Simon Hurt the fake-Satan finally meeting his end at Joker's hands, and sometimes he almost banged you over the head with like when Joker sliced his own tongue to make it forked.

Maybe he's some kind of curse placed upon Gotham. That's why the city is so messed up.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@saren said:

@theacidskull said:

Both of those possibilities are amazingly terrible. I mean I like the version that he is just a normal person who isn't even crazy but just likes to act that way and the things he does are incredible but nothing more than determination. It is awesome to think that he might be Satan because of the every single impossible thing he has ever done but not actually being Satan himself.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Valdemocnij

@purplecandy:

It sure was horrible bored to u, when create this... just idk how u found enough will to write all of that :P

Booster Gold, Booster Gold, Booster Gold... time travel, time travel, time travel...

21: Freeze him like, how Victor freeze Nora :P

And yea... You dont have to worry... joker soon gonna to die ! In the Arkham Comics... or before :)

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thouunworthy: "All-Star Batman and Robin's Batman disagrees."

Did All-Star Batman drip acid in the eyes and throats of captives?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Saren

@saren said:

Maybe he's some kind of curse placed upon Gotham. That's why the city is so messed up.

The same story that suggests Joker is the Devil also suggests that Gotham is so messed up because it sits right on top of Hell.

No Caption Provided

@saren said:

@theacidskull said:

Doesn't that kind of ruin the dynamic? I mean, the symbolism has been used before, but when it subtle it doesn't really break the idea that Joker is just a crazy dude who's "ahead of the curve."

I'm not pretending to know what the hell I'm talking about, since I haven't read that many batman story, but I'd like to hear what you think.

I don't know......the dynamic changes into something new every generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman has too much pride to ask for anyone else to help with Joker

Ibn_Khaldun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5. Castrate him.
    8. Tear off his ears.

1. The Joker is the second most intelligent being of all dimensions and multiverses. How is he not supposed to know how to create a Lazarus pit to heal himself?

2. Same as #1 + The Joker is most likely immortal so he'd grow them back or replace them eventually.

3. Again this is nothing Joker can't come back from.

4. How is this even going to temporarily stop him?

5. See #4

6. Please, Joker has survived far worse situations.

7. It would be interesting to see how long it would take before the Guardians sent him back to Gotham.

8. # 4

9. Joker's been in other dimensions and he came back without a scratch.

10. Please Joker is immune to everything toxic.

12. The Joker has at least 6 senses and I doubt anyone with an intellect ranked below him could disable any of them.

13. Don't even try to touch Joker's brain. Seriously, don't.

14. Sending him back in time wouldn't work as he'd survive to the present without a problem. The future would work if only Joker didn't know how to contact and bargain with 5th dimensional beings.

15. It is unlikely that the Joker ever had a father.

16. #6 + It is never a good idea to give him additional powers.

18. No reality wrapper is strong enough to wrap the Joker for an unlimited time.

The Joker believe only he and Batman are real. This is very true, Batman is everything good, everything perfect. The Joker is the opposite, everything bad, everything imperfect (mad). Joker is a living test for Batman's ability to always make the morally right decision. The day Batman does something morally wrong (kill) to the Joker is the day everything ends.

If you think all these things I have mentioned are nothing but fan-boyism or PIS you are mistaken. It is not PIS when Batman and the Joker are displaying "impossible" feats, it is PIS when they don't.

Also Batman doesn't need Booster Gold to time travel.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would castration help?

Blues32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5. Castrate him.
    8. Tear off his ears.

Well, if we're bringing time travel into this, go back in time and prevent the ACE Chemical Plant break in? You know, when he actually fell into the chemical vat? Or, assuming the backstory in "The Killing Joke" is real, go back in time, save his pregnant wife and leave her some diamonds or something so they'd no longer be so desperate for cash that Jack would resort to crime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of these things that Batman could do to Joker as an alternative to killing him are worse than death. I mean, paralyzing him and tearing his arms off?

Not that I would have any objections. With all of the terrible things the Joker has done, he deserves it. But this doesn't sound like something Batman would do to him.

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can't kill Joker. Why not let someone sentence him to death instead of constantly locking him up in Arkham; or maybe let Gordon kill him, after what Joker has done to his family, he definitely deserve to pull the trigger.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Death penalty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.