Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

10 New Details Revealed in 'The Dark Knight Rises' Trailer and Prologue [Spoilers]

• 189 results
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By dondasch

Could I be the only one who still isn't impressed with Tom Hardy as Bane ?

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By skaarason

@ricpez: @ricpez said:

THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!!!

i know the wait is going to suck big time !!!!!!

the prologue was epic !!!!!!!

GraveSp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#153  Edited By GraveSp

I thought the Knights were the basketball team? Or the baseball team? Knights seemed to the catchall name for a Gotham team so I'm glad they picked something else.

Avatar image for thebluedragon07
    thebluedragon07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By thebluedragon07

They said that Talia won't be in the movie, Nolan explained that part already.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#155  Edited By Saren

@thebluedragon07 said:

Link?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#156  Edited By Mercy_

Oh c'mon. We all know that Marion's Talia.

@thebluedragon07: Nolan is also known for giving out disinformation and being intentionally vague.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@entropy_aegis said:

@MrErbac: I agree some wrestler from WWE should play Bane

THIS IS FAN ART,he was never that big in the comics,excluding Rob Liefield Wannabe(Broome) and remember the last time a wrestler played him? this is a movie.

It's pretty clear that fanboys live in their personal dream world and they are more pissed at Nolan's take being drastically different from their fantasies or how they personally percieve the character.

NEWSFLASH:

It does'nt matter what you percieve.

Hardy is perfect.

This is not fan art. It's from Batman Arkham City the game.

welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#158  Edited By welshguy

I'm not sure really how i feel about this movie. On the one hand, Batman Begins was superb and its one of those films I can watch again and again. On the other, I hated the Dark Knight. I want this movie to capture the brilliance I saw in the first and whilst this trailer does interest me slightly, its not the same level that the first trailer for Batman Begins created in me. In theory, its all there; an interesting villain, a potentially interesting plot, but then the trailer for the Dark Knight made me think the exact same thing and I ended up bored and annoyed in the cinema, wanting so very much the movie to end.
    Plus, and this is a purely personal opinion, I don't like Christian Bale. I always get the impression that he thinks being Batman is beneath him. I don't know, maybe its just my dislike of the guy for reasons I myself cannot articulate.
    And is Marion Cotillard in this? She was one of the few, very few things, I disliked about Inception.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By Eyz

Well pointed and glimpsed!

Great pose^^

Avatar image for assassin_elektra
    Assassin_Elektra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaarason: @skaarason said:

@ricpez: @ricpez said:

THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!!!

i know the wait is going to suck big time !!!!!!

the prologue was epic !!!!!!!

Haha, yes the wait always does suck. It looks pretty good and I enjoyed the Batman Begins and The Dark Knight movies.

On the other note, seeing negativity, I think it's unfair to judge a movie before watching it. So, quoting the old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" let's all wait, watch and see the movie before we start pinning the tail on the old "box-office-failure-this-movie-sucks" donkey. Shall we?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#161  Edited By entropy_aegis

@welshguy said:

I'm not sure really how i feel about this movie. On the one hand, Batman Begins was superb and its one of those films I can watch again and again. On the other, I hated the Dark Knight. I want this movie to capture the brilliance I saw in the first and whilst this trailer does interest me slightly, its not the same level that the first trailer for Batman Begins created in me. In theory, its all there; an interesting villain, a potentially interesting plot, but then the trailer for the Dark Knight made me think the exact same thing and I ended up bored and annoyed in the cinema, wanting so very much the movie to end. Plus, and this is a purely personal opinion, I don't like Christian Bale. I always get the impression that he thinks being Batman is beneath him. I don't know, maybe its just my dislike of the guy for reasons I myself cannot articulate. And is Marion Cotillard in this? She was one of the few, very few things, I disliked about Inception.

Not really,he enjoys being Batman.I think in some award show in 2006 he said Batman was the biggest badass,just cause he dislikes Robin does'nt mean he also dislikes Batman

@yumyumbubblegum:

That makes it worse cause the Arkham Bane sucks.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @thebluedragon07 said:

misdirection in my opinion
    Deafz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Deafz

@entropy_aegis: Have you seen 'Bronson' or a more recent example 'Warrior'? Tom Hardy is a beast, or rather he can be. I dont have any doubt that he physically will be as impressive as Bane can and should be in the realistic setting of Nolan.

@yumyumbubblegum:

That is NOT the Bane from the Arkham games, this is (can't say I like this interpretation of Bane though):

No Caption Provided
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Gambler said:

@thebluedragon07 said:

misdirection in my opinion

He never said it to even begin with,Cotillard only said that she's not playing a character from the comics and technically she is'nt lying cause she's listed as Miranda Tate.@Deafz:

LOL I don't doubt Hardy at all.

Mjdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Mjdemon

i dont get the hate on Anne Hathaway. She is gorgeous and isnt a bad actress at that. Wait till the movie and see.

MagusMaleficus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By MagusMaleficus

Don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet (too many responses to cycle through) but that's clearly Batman driving the Batwing-thing. What isn't entirely clear is whether he's driving with the Tumblers or chasing them.

allison_scag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By allison_scag

Does anyone besides me think Anne Hathaway for cat woman is a miscast ?

barnabae70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By barnabae70

Looks ok i seriously doubt that it will be better then the avengers only because i really dont like how theyve made bane smaller than batman its goes against everything thats bane-big, intimidating, gets even bigger on venom, and a criminal master mind.

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Tigerstriper

This looks as awesome as the other two. I just wish that this wasn't the end of the series. Batman has just about the best Rogue's Gallery in comics (second only to Spidey) and they could do so much more.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By entropy_aegis

@barnabae70 said:

Looks ok i seriously doubt that it will be better then the avengers only because i really dont like how theyve made bane smaller than batman its goes against everything thats bane-big, intimidating, gets even bigger on venom, and a criminal master mind.

Bane is a military tatician,not criminal mastermind(CM's are lame),Hardy's Bane is intimidating,Bane does'nt get bigger on venom.

winfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By winfred

i think they will depict as a dark halve of batman if he ever used to hurt people instead of help

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By HexThis

@entropy_aegis said:

@barnabae70 said:

Bane is a military tatician,not criminal mastermind(CM's are lame),Hardy's Bane is intimidating,Bane does'nt get bigger on venom.

Why should it really matter? Bane growing in size would look stupid, hasn't anyone seen Batman & Robin? Bane was bigger than Batman in that.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By entropy_aegis

@HexThis said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@barnabae70 said:

Why should it really matter? Bane growing in size would look stupid, hasn't anyone seen Batman & Robin? Bane was bigger than Batman in that.

I have no idea.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: batman bigger than bane..are u blind?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By entropy_aegis

@THEBlaqueBasterd said:

@entropy_aegis: batman bigger than bane..are u blind?

What difference does it make?

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: "it's pretty clear that fanboys live in their personal dream world and they are more pissed at Nolan's take being drastically different from their fantasies"

i think u got it in one there tbh.. sick &tired of these guys attaching their homo-erotic fantasies onto comic/movie characters..if i hear john cena (insert any talentless wrestler here) mentioned for a role as superman, capn america or any other character with muscles im'a lose it!!

i mean, i love my comics but i also have common sense

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By entropy_aegis

@THEBlaqueBasterd said:

@entropy_aegis: "it's pretty clear that fanboys live in their personal dream world and they are more pissed at Nolan's take being drastically different from their fantasies"

i think u got it in one there tbh.. sick &tired of these guys attaching their homo-erotic fantasies onto comic/movie characters..if i hear john cena (insert any talentless wrestler here) mentioned for a role as superman, capn america or any other character with muscles im'a lose it!!

i mean, i love my comics but i also have common sense

Exactly.

Mr_Wayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#178  Edited By Mr_Wayne69

@RainEffect: WRONG! Batman Begins. Elevator leading into the Batcave. Alfred holding Bruce. He says, "Why do fall?" etc. All this occurs while a blaze of fire burns the mansion above and Bruce's ribs appear to bleeding.

amberinostar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By amberinostar

So psyched for this movie!

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By desperado_

Guys Batman WILL die. Nolan HAS to surpass The Dark Knight, and I think that is the only way he can. There are also rumors of Superman making an appearance at the end, but again... just a rumor but if you think about it... Nolan is helping with the production of The Man Of Steel and this is the Prestige to his trilogy (yes that was a nod to The Prestige).

kadosho_16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By kadosho_16bit

I believe Nolan is a fan of the recent "Court of Owls" arc.. Why put Bane as a major villain? Even though Knightfall was the shift of the Batman story, this take is unlike the comics however. Its possible in Nolan's Batman saga that Bruce stands alone in his fight... no Robin, Batgirl, or Nightwing. Maybe this plays out in reverse, the end is the beginning, and the beginning is the end? if so there will be plenty of theories built off from somewhere. Curious if other villains may also play a role (aside from Bane, and Catwoman (villain or not? hmm I think Anne Hathaway has a chance of delivering a unique take on the character.)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By entropy_aegis

@kadosho_16bit said:

I believe Nolan is a fan of the recent "Court of Owls" arc.. Why put Bane as a major villain? Even though Knightfall was the shift of the Batman story, this take is unlike the comics however. Its possible in Nolan's Batman saga that Bruce stands alone in his fight... no Robin, Batgirl, or Nightwing. Maybe this plays out in reverse, the end is the beginning, and the beginning is the end? if so there will be plenty of theories built off from somewhere. Curious if other villains may also play a role (aside from Bane, and Catwoman (villain or not? hmm I think Anne Hathaway has a chance of delivering a unique take on the character.)

Huh? TDKR was in the final stages of filming when the Court of Owls kicked off and Nolan is'nt gonna use an incomplete story,the most modern story Nolan looks like he might be using is No Mans Land and that's over 11 years old.

There are plenty of elements from Knightfall and certain elements from NML where Bane played a role and possibly even Legacy/Bane of the Demon if Miranda is Talia.Other than that we might get to see some elements from Birth of the Demon,The Dark Knight Returns and The Long Halloween/Dark Victory/Year:One (for Catwoman).I'm not seeing any owls here.

drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#183  Edited By drphilter

Like, seriously I am perplexed how someone could be a supposed comic book fan and not go ape shi* bonkers for this movie. I'm sorry but to suggest the idea that someone who wrestles professionally should be in a movie among like the 18 academy award winning actors and actresses is almost offensive. To suggest that some meathead can relate to Bane because he spent time in prison... really? Wesley Snipes spent time in prison and is fairly ripped, doesn't mean anything. The perfectly ironic thing about Bane is that he was the first person to be able to OUTWIT the Bat. And when he was done playing chess, he could also kick his ass. Something that couldn't be said by any other villain in Batman's rogue wheelhouse.

For the love of god, we are not filming a comic here people. Speaking as a film maker and a car builder, from a design aspect you are given a concept, a drawing to lay out the general idea but it is a rule of thumb to remember that you aren't building the drawing, it's there as a guideline. So stop using the most ridiculous steroided pictures of Bane as reasons why this movie is going to suck. I feel like we should be beyond the naive and almost childish mentality that it has to LOOK exactly like the drawings we have seen.

I don't find anyone's opinion credible when they say things like "I liked Wolverine Origins" or "Let's get these Nolan movies done so we can reboot with more accurate movies like Burton's Batman". First of all I literally thought that was sarcasm, still kind of hope it was. Burton has been cited as mentioning that he would never read a comic book (especially one written by Kevin Smith, hahaha). Batman 89 was fun and entertaining but are you friggin kidding me? I do not take Keaton seriously as someone with the physical ability to be Batman and he doesn't have the Bruce Wayne vibe either. Joker doesn't have a name, and that's one of the best things about him is our lack of knowledge to his back story, Certainly wasn't named Jack and looked and sounded just like the guy from The Shining and A Few Good Men (amazing movies btw). Joker didn't kill the Wayne's. Alfred has never been depicted that old that I can recall, certainly never in an ongoing instance. Lando Calrisian is NOT Harvey Dent! Jim Gordon isn't 30lbs overweight and worthless. I am sorry I feel like I must be missing something because I just can't even understand how people can seriously think Nolan's movies aren't good.

It's just a classic rebel response to not like something just because it's mega huge. If there is a movie that deserves to be celebrated for it's valiant attempt to be faithful to the source material while being grounded in reality and not campy horse hockey, then it is these Nolan-verse Batman movies. I honestly don't think you could have a successful Batman franchise that is 100% accurate. You can't have any comic book franchise that is successful and 100% accurate to the source Nolan knows how to make the appropriate compromises for sake of telling an incredible STORY. Now I personally hope Avengers and Dark Knight Rises are equally successful. I really truly do. I have no desire to see one "beat" the other or anything like that. But as I mentioned I can not fathom how someone is a supposed comic book fan and doesn't go bonkers for Dark Knight Rises. IF only just the self proclaimed outsider that can't like anything that is well liked amongst a large audience. Which is a shame because if you would get off your high horse, or your island or whatever it is and rejoin the world for a day you may actually enjoy a day of your life. Just sayin.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#184  Edited By TheMess1428

How many trailers are there? I've only found one and everyone keeps say there is 2.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By entropy_aegis

@drphilter said:

Like, seriously I am perplexed how someone could be a supposed comic book fan and not go ape shi* bonkers for this movie. I'm sorry but to suggest the idea that someone who wrestles professionally should be in a movie among like the 18 academy award winning actors and actresses is almost offensive. To suggest that some meathead can relate to Bane because he spent time in prison... really? Wesley Snipes spent time in prison and is fairly ripped, doesn't mean anything. The perfectly ironic thing about Bane is that he was the first person to be able to OUTWIT the Bat. And when he was done playing chess, he could also kick his ass. Something that couldn't be said by any other villain in Batman's rogue wheelhouse.

For the love of god, we are not filming a comic here people. Speaking as a film maker and a car builder, from a design aspect you are given a concept, a drawing to lay out the general idea but it is a rule of thumb to remember that you aren't building the drawing, it's there as a guideline. So stop using the most ridiculous steroided pictures of Bane as reasons why this movie is going to suck. I feel like we should be beyond the naive and almost childish mentality that it has to LOOK exactly like the drawings we have seen.

I don't find anyone's opinion credible when they say things like "I liked Wolverine Origins" or "Let's get these Nolan movies done so we can reboot with more accurate movies like Burton's Batman". First of all I literally thought that was sarcasm, still kind of hope it was. Burton has been cited as mentioning that he would never read a comic book (especially one written by Kevin Smith, hahaha). Batman 89 was fun and entertaining but are you friggin kidding me? I do not take Keaton seriously as someone with the physical ability to be Batman and he doesn't have the Bruce Wayne vibe either. Joker doesn't have a name, and that's one of the best things about him is our lack of knowledge to his back story, Certainly wasn't named Jack and looked and sounded just like the guy from The Shining and A Few Good Men (amazing movies btw). Joker didn't kill the Wayne's. Alfred has never been depicted that old that I can recall, certainly never in an ongoing instance. Lando Calrisian is NOT Harvey Dent! Jim Gordon isn't 30lbs overweight and worthless. I am sorry I feel like I must be missing something because I just can't even understand how people can seriously think Nolan's movies aren't good.

It's just a classic rebel response to not like something just because it's mega huge. If there is a movie that deserves to be celebrated for it's valiant attempt to be faithful to the source material while being grounded in reality and not campy horse hockey, then it is these Nolan-verse Batman movies. I honestly don't think you could have a successful Batman franchise that is 100% accurate. You can't have any comic book franchise that is successful and 100% accurate to the source Nolan knows how to make the appropriate compromises for sake of telling an incredible STORY. Now I personally hope Avengers and Dark Knight Rises are equally successful. I really truly do. I have no desire to see one "beat" the other or anything like that. But as I mentioned I can not fathom how someone is a supposed comic book fan and doesn't go bonkers for Dark Knight Rises. IF only just the self proclaimed outsider that can't like anything that is well liked amongst a large audience. Which is a shame because if you would get off your high horse, or your island or whatever it is and rejoin the world for a day you may actually enjoy a day of your life. Just sayin.

Thankyou,hopefully this will shut the Burton wankers once and for all.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By dondasch

@vandinejd_1991 said:

I have a question about Bane. In the comics he is this massive hulk of a man who was able to lift Batman up like a twig and slam him on his knee thus breaking his back.

However the Bane from the Dark Knight Rises does not seem that bulked up

Does this guy really look like someone who could break Batman's back to you?

haha. No. Emphatically no. I have the feeling that this movie will in no way measure up to The Dark Knight. More likely, it will leave viewers with a Spider Man 3 feeling. Tom Hardy as Bane=joke.

drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By drphilter

You are off your rocker if you think this movie is going to be on the level of Spider- Man 3. No Spider-man movie will even come close to any of Nolan's Batman movies. There is like a little group of people that are so HUNG up about the aesthetics and it's crap. I mean Book constantly change artists and from one story arc to another can look vastly different. When the first pictures of Heath's Joker came out it was the same thing, until people actually saw the performance in action and people shut up because after it finally being beaten over their head they realize what you get in story and performance completely out weighs the utterly insignificance of the aesthetics. I mean the Mask and overall costume from Batman and Robin was actually fairly accurate to the comic counterpart... do we really want to revisit that people? Bane's biggest strength is not his arms, it's his brain and his psychology. Tom Hardy is ripped and will be intimidating physically but he also has the talent to you know... act!

Seriously like I assume that people that are so caught up int he aesthetics of things are young to middle teenagers, take offense to that if you want but you people need to get real and seriously understand what matters in all of story telling and in acting and performing. Do we really want to see someone like Brock Lesnar or The Rock or John Cena or whatever talentless meathead in this movie simply because he has thick arms? I would say the answer to that establishes who I do and don't take seriously. Professional Wrestlers can hardly even act in the realm of WRESTLING. Let alone give any sort of real emotion to convey, and it's over! Look I enjoy the Rock, especially in Fast Five but I would NEVER in a million years think of casting him based solely on his physique. Again you aren't building (or in this case, filming) the drawing, you use it as a guideline but the most important thing to remember as an artist is to capture the FEELING of the work, not the shallow surface horse crap.

Spider-man 3 was crap because they deviated too far from character and exposition and in place gave us the horrible dance numbers, terribly cliche emo Peter Parker, and a half assed Venom and they couldnt even convey the emotion of Eddie Brock asking god to kill him, NOT PETER PARKER, correctly. Like one of the most beautifully twisted parts of Venom was Brock asking for death, and they screwed that up. To even think for a second that this movie is going to suffer what Spider-man 3 did... that's just ignorant and clearly you didn't come to that assessment with any sort of logic.

Like seriously, I hate doing this kind of stuff. But seriously people need to take their head out of their rear ends and try to understand what matters more in great story telling. This is an adaptation and all things considered Nolan has been far more respectful to the source material than any other adaptation... cept maybe short of Watchmen ( and look how successful that was). I just don't understand what you people want. People all day long will harp all over Shumacher's pair of flicks and some will jump all over Burton's pair and then when someone takes a reasonable and mature approach to the material there are still nay sayers, it's ridiculous. For the record I actually find a lot of fun and entertainment from watching the first Four Bat movies, I am not nearly as harsh and certainly don't LOATHE them like a lot of people do... but Nolan's movies aren't just great comic book movies, they are simply great FILMS. That's the kind of attitude you have to take when making these kind of movies. You are making a MOVIE and it has to be approached like it. Not under the mindset that "it's a comic book movie so we are allowed to be ridiculous." It actually pisses me off when people just make a joke and mockery of the comic book genre as if the standards are lower, but when I see people suggest professional wrestlers for a movie of this caliber.... it kind of gives some credence to the lowered standard idea.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By entropy_aegis

@dondasch said:

@vandinejd_1991 said:

I have a question about Bane. In the comics he is this massive hulk of a man who was able to lift Batman up like a twig and slam him on his knee thus breaking his back.

However the Bane from the Dark Knight Rises does not seem that bulked up

Does this guy really look like someone who could break Batman's back to you?

haha. No. Emphatically no. I have the feeling that this movie will in no way measure up to The Dark Knight. More likely, it will leave viewers with a Spider Man 3 feeling. Tom Hardy as Bane=joke.

I'm pretty sure I adressed this already and you guys said the same thing about Heath

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By battyfan1

so according to Hathaway's superhero complex article.......she is possible in cahoots with bane and i suspect that she switches sides later......

i adore hardy, he will be a great bane. Watch Wuthering Heights people he is great in that bronte tale....

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Onemoreposter

Hathaway's sexy. I don't get the hate.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#192  Edited By RainEffect
    @drphilter said:

You are off your rocker if you think this movie is going to be on the level of Spider- Man 3. No Spider-man movie will even come close to any of Nolan's Batman movies. There is like a little group of people that are so HUNG up about the aesthetics and it's crap. I mean Book constantly change artists and from one story arc to another can look vastly different. When the first pictures of Heath's Joker came out it was the same thing, until people actually saw the performance in action and people shut up because after it finally being beaten over their head they realize what you get in story and performance completely out weighs the utterly insignificance of the aesthetics. I mean the Mask and overall costume from Batman and Robin was actually fairly accurate to the comic counterpart... do we really want to revisit that people? Bane's biggest strength is not his arms, it's his brain and his psychology. Tom Hardy is ripped and will be intimidating physically but he also has the talent to you know... act!

Seriously like I assume that people that are so caught up int he aesthetics of things are young to middle teenagers, take offense to that if you want but you people need to get real and seriously understand what matters in all of story telling and in acting and performing. Do we really want to see someone like Brock Lesnar or The Rock or John Cena or whatever talentless meathead in this movie simply because he has thick arms? I would say the answer to that establishes who I do and don't take seriously. Professional Wrestlers can hardly even act in the realm of WRESTLING. Let alone give any sort of real emotion to convey, and it's over! Look I enjoy the Rock, especially in Fast Five but I would NEVER in a million years think of casting him based solely on his physique. Again you aren't building (or in this case, filming) the drawing, you use it as a guideline but the most important thing to remember as an artist is to capture the FEELING of the work, not the shallow surface horse crap.

Spider-man 3 was crap because they deviated too far from character and exposition and in place gave us the horrible dance numbers, terribly cliche emo Peter Parker, and a half assed Venom and they couldnt even convey the emotion of Eddie Brock asking god to kill him, NOT PETER PARKER, correctly. Like one of the most beautifully twisted parts of Venom was Brock asking for death, and they screwed that up. To even think for a second that this movie is going to suffer what Spider-man 3 did... that's just ignorant and clearly you didn't come to that assessment with any sort of logic.

Like seriously, I hate doing this kind of stuff. But seriously people need to take their head out of their rear ends and try to understand what matters more in great story telling. This is an adaptation and all things considered Nolan has been far more respectful to the source material than any other adaptation... cept maybe short of Watchmen ( and look how successful that was). I just don't understand what you people want. People all day long will harp all over Shumacher's pair of flicks and some will jump all over Burton's pair and then when someone takes a reasonable and mature approach to the material there are still nay sayers, it's ridiculous. For the record I actually find a lot of fun and entertainment from watching the first Four Bat movies, I am not nearly as harsh and certainly don't LOATHE them like a lot of people do... but Nolan's movies aren't just great comic book movies, they are simply great FILMS. That's the kind of attitude you have to take when making these kind of movies. You are making a MOVIE and it has to be approached like it. Not under the mindset that "it's a comic book movie so we are allowed to be ridiculous." It actually pisses me off when people just make a joke and mockery of the comic book genre as if the standards are lower, but when I see people suggest professional wrestlers for a movie of this caliber.... it kind of gives some credence to the lowered standard idea.

I love this guy. For being a newcomer to this site, he certainly has got his head screwed on properly. Not to mention that he thinks with logic. 

I hate the Tom Hardy logic people are using. " He isn't ripped enough or tall enough"  - what the hell? Okay, then this very same logic could have been applied to Christian Bale, right? Look at how damn well he has portrayed an intimidating and brooding Batman? Just before Batman Begins, he had done a film named The Maschinist where he dropped down to unhealthy weight levels. Then, he was signed on for Batman, he put all this weight back on, so much so that Nolan told him to lose weight because he was too big for the batsuit. Christian Bale lost weight again, all for dedication to his role. This is what I care about more - the dedication to the role. 

No Caption Provided
    The point I'm making is that, I couldn't care less about how big Tom Hardy is compared to Knightfall Bane. This isn't the comics; this is Christopher and Jonathon Nolan's (and David Goyer's) world. If Tom Hardy is satisfied at the size he is then I am satisfied and you lot should be as well. We trust actors.
    drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By drphilter

@RainEffect: Hehe, well I am glad to find like minded people on here, however just to clarify I have been coming to this site for YEARS, just don't post often, haha. This topic just got me worked up. You made a perfect point though in fewer words good sir, so well done! Happy NEW YEAR!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.