Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

1. Why Bruce does not kill The Joker once and for all?, 2...

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thejman251

1. Why Bruce does not kill The Joker once and for all? 2. Why is the Joker still alive regardless?

- As far as i'm concerned, it's because he's an idiot and the writers are Joker fanboys who are employed by a company that is scared of Changing the status quo.

- There is no logical reason for the joker to be alive and no logical reason for Bruce, and everyone else, not to kill this idiot on sight.

- However, Bruce is just as to blame for the Joker's killings as the Joker is.

- Honestly, i feel like Bruce himself is Gotham's worst villain as he apparently needs the Joker to kill people so that he can temporarily put him away to quell his asinine insanity.

- In short, Bruce is just as much of a villain as the Joker himself and he is the Joker's accomplice in mass murder.

- In short, there is no logical reason why this character should still be alive regardless of what Bruce does or doesn't have the wits to do.

- Additionally, i've made various posts around this site and others.

- Here is a post i made on another site a while back.

- Additionally, i have a problem with the joker.

- I would honestly like to know how this man manged to drop off the face of the earth, and avoid detection from ""The world's greatest detective" for over a year. I mean ,seriously.

- The man falls into a chemical vat and he is suddenly one of the smarted people on the planet?

- This problem doesn't even stem from the New 52, this issue persists from books such as Death in the Family, and even Batman #1 (1939?).

- Seriously, this guy should not even be able to lay hands on Batman and yet he does. Batman has fought the likes of Lady Shiva, Deathstroke and countless others, yet he consistently struggles with the joker and receives constant crowbars to the head. To top it off, the writers attempt to make excuses such as, and i quote, "Forgot how fast he is!". I don't really care how fast he is, Batman has undergone training in multiple forms of martial arts, from the world's greatest masters, there is no reason on this earth why the joker should be able to lay hands on Bruce. It's as if the writers up at DC said "hey, he's a good villain when he's far away from Batman and can plot, scheme and manipulate him from far away, so let's give the man a magical skill set so he can actually be a factor and do some damage".

- Moving away from that, and on to Death in the Family. There are an incredible amount of issues that i have with that book , so i'll try to stay on topic. In what possible way on this earth does the Joker evade Batman AND Superman? The man is subsequently shot on a helicopter, falls into the ocean and magically escapes the grasp of not only Batman, but Superman as well. Superman, with all of his super senses, was unable to locate the joker who had been shot and fell into the Ocean. Seriously DC, when the hell did the joker become Aquaman? At some point, this ridiculousness has to end. I'm not even going to go into the rest of that book at this point in time.

- On another note, i also feel as though any joker story will be cliche at this point. I mean seriously, what is he going to do next? Kill robin again? shoot batgirl again? kill alfred? Let's be serious here. This character has been tremendously overused, and i'm incredibly ecstatic that Snyder will be working on "Zero Year" for almost a year, so he won't be able to make anymore present cannon stories. Moreover why exactly is this man still alive? It's about time to be killed. I do believe that Bruce should have killed him, but the joker honestly should have been killed by someone by now. At what point does somebody put a stop to the repeated cycle of this man going to Arkham, subsequently breaking out -- as if they didn't know it was going to happen--, and killing thousands of people, only to repeat the process? This man walked into a police station and murdered damn near every single officer in the building. Are you serious DC? The man falls into a vat of chemicals, and he suddenly has magical unexplained powers and abilities? You have got to be kidding me. Additionally, does Snyder's Bruce actually believe that he's seen the last of the joker? Is it because the joker shouldn't have been able to survive that fall? The same way that Snyder's Bruce claimed that the joker hadn't made it as far into the cave as he actually did? Yes, more incredible amounts of arrogance and incompetency from Snyder's Batman, how wonderful.

- Now back to the Batman killing ordeal. This is incredibly ridiculous in my opinion. At what point is enough enough? It's clear (from poor writing or not) that Bruce can't do a damned thing to protect his family from the joker, and that he isn't willing to do what's necessary to keep them safe. At this point, i honestly feel like the joker could kill Alfred, Richard, Barbra, and Jason(again) and Bruce would only do so much as put him in Arkham. Moreover, you're telling me that everything this man has done, no one has killed him yet? You might as well call the joker God..

- In all seriousness, the Joker is one of the most illogical and ridiculous characters in all of comics.

- At what point is enough enough? If someone wanted to make a case as to why they thought comic books were stupid and or idiotic, they could read up on multiple Batman runs and make a pretty good case.

- However, these are just my opinions. Feel free to discuss yours.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe the Joker has not yet blown up 2 buildings so the american military has allowed the Joker to live.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

Why doesn't the legal system give him the death penalty instead of stickng him Mental Institution that he can easily escape from?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

LOL WHY DOESN'T BATMAN JUST KILL THE JOKER?

So avant-garde.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LaserLambert

@the_stegman said:

Why doesn't the legal system give him the death penalty instead of stickng him Mental Institution that he can easily escape from?

yeah why do people heep the blame on Batman? Saying Batman is responsible for Joker for not killing him, what about people who are of actual authority?

more to the point, the Joker doesn't actually exhibit any qualities of a person who would be thrown in a mental institution.

just kill him. #TEAMPENGUIN

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

Its because after Batman catches the Joker, he apologizes and Batman forgives him.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Exactly my point.

- Additionally, Bruce sees this and does nothing about it. He doesn't kill want to kill the Joker, or probably even stop him, and he doesn't attempt to address the legal system at all.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

1. Why Bruce does not kill The Joker once and for all? 2. Why is the Joker still alive regardless?

- As far as i'm concerned, it's because he's an idiot and the writers are Joker fanboys who are employed by a company that is scared of Changing the status quo.

- There is no logical reason for the joker to be alive and no logical reason for Bruce, and everyone else, not to kill this idiot on sight.

- Honestly, i feel like Bruce himself is Gotham's worst villain as he apparently needs the Joker to kill people so that he can temporarily put him away to quell his asinine insanity.

- In short, Bruce is just as much of a villain as the Joker himself and he is the Joker's accomplice in mass murder.

- In short, there is no logical reason why this character should still be alive regardless of what Bruce does or doesn't have the wits to do.

- I would honestly like to know how this man manged to drop off the face of the earth, and avoid detection from ""The world's greatest detective" for over a year. I mean ,seriously.

- The man falls into a chemical vat and he is suddenly one of the smarted people on the planet?

- This problem doesn't even stem from the New 52, this issue persists from books such as Death in the Family, and even Batman #1 (1939?).

- Seriously, this guy should not even be able to lay hands on Batman and yet he does. Batman has fought the likes of Lady Shiva, Deathstroke and countless others, yet he consistently struggles with the joker and receives constant crowbars to the head. To top it off, the writers attempt to make excuses such as, and i quote, "Forgot how fast he is!". I don't really care how fast he is, Batman has undergone training in multiple forms of martial arts, from the world's greatest masters, there is no reason on this earth why the joker should be able to lay hands on Bruce. It's as if the writers up at DC said "hey, he's a good villain when he's far away from Batman and can plot, scheme and manipulate him from far away, so let's give the man a magical skill set so he can actually be a factor and do some damage".

- Moving away from that, and on to Death in the Family. There are an incredible amount of issues that i have with that book , so i'll try to stay on topic. In what possible way on this earth does the Joker evade Batman AND Superman? The man is subsequently shot on a helicopter, falls into the ocean and magically escapes the grasp of not only Batman, but Superman as well. Superman, with all of his super senses, was unable to locate the joker who had been shot and fell into the Ocean. Seriously DC, when the hell did the joker become Aquaman? At some point, this ridiculousness has to end. I'm not even going to go into the rest of that book at this point in time.

- On another note, i also feel as though any joker story will be cliche at this point. I mean seriously, what is he going to do next? Kill robin again? shoot batgirl again? kill alfred? Let's be serious here. This character has been tremendously overused, and i'm incredibly ecstatic that Snyder will be working on "Zero Year" for almost a year, so he won't be able to make anymore present cannon stories. Moreover why exactly is this man still alive? It's about time to be killed. I do believe that Bruce should have killed him, but the joker honestly should have been killed by someone by now. At what point does somebody put a stop to the repeated cycle of this man going to Arkham, subsequently breaking out -- as if they didn't know it was going to happen--, and killing thousands of people, only to repeat the process? This man walked into a police station and murdered damn near every single officer in the building. Are you serious DC? The man falls into a vat of chemicals, and he suddenly has magical unexplained powers and abilities? You have got to be kidding me. Additionally, does Snyder's Bruce actually believe that he's seen the last of the joker? Is it because the joker shouldn't have been able to survive that fall? The same way that Snyder's Bruce claimed that the joker hadn't made it as far into the cave as he actually did? Yes, more incredible amounts of arrogance and incompetency from Snyder's Batman, how wonderful.

- Now back to the Batman killing ordeal. This is incredibly ridiculous in my opinion. At what point is enough enough? It's clear (from poor writing or not) that Bruce can't do a damned thing to protect his family from the joker, and that he isn't willing to do what's necessary to keep them safe. At this point, i honestly feel like the joker could kill Alfred, Richard, Barbra, and Jason(again) and Bruce would only do so much as put him in Arkham. Moreover, you're telling me that everything this man has done, no one has killed him yet? You might as well call the joker God..

- In all seriousness, the Joker is one of the most illogical and ridiculous characters in all of comics.

- At what point is enough enough? If someone wanted to make a case as to why they thought comic books were stupid and or idiotic, they could read up on multiple Batman runs and make a pretty good case.

its comics. jokers is a fan favorite character and a major part of the mythos. just as batmans moral code is. why doesn't spiderman kill kingpin or green goblin? why doesn't superman kill lex luthor? because killing them is a waste of time as they will always inevitably return through some convoluted means that nobody wants to read. its a comic book man. gotham must be a bad place because if it weren't there would be no need for batman. there must always be crazies in metropolis because if not superman is pointless. same goes for any number of characters. idk why you've singled out batman and the joker but regardless its a completely asinine idea that batman should kill the joker and then ruin his entire mythos.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because then Joker would have won, proving the point that one bad day can push one man to his limits. Haven't you read The Killing Joke?

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@thejman251 said:

its comics. jokers is a fan favorite character and a major part of the mythos. just as batmans moral code is. why doesn't spiderman kill kingpin or green goblin? why doesn't superman kill lex luthor? because killing them is a waste of time as they will always inevitably return through some convoluted means that nobody wants to read. its a comic book man. gotham must be a bad place because if it weren't there would be no need for batman. there must always be crazies in metropolis because if not superman is pointless. same goes for any number of characters. idk why you've singled out batman and the joker but regardless its a completely asinine idea that batman should kill the joker and then ruin his entire mythos.

- Well, that's fine if that's your opinion.

- However, i refuse to pay money to read idiocy. If nothing is going to change and the same stories are going to be told over and over, there is no reason for me to support DC and it's idiocy. Moreover, i'm insulted that DC has the audacity to put on a facade of using logic and intelligence, when their primary book is a boat load of illogical and fatuous drivel.

- Additionally , i disagree with your saying that Killing the joker would ruin his entire mythos. Many interesting stories could spin off of that, along with many villians.

- Regardless, i see no reason why the Joker should be alive on any level.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Okay here is my take on this. There are some great opinions and thoughts in this thread, so sorry if I overlap anyone.

But it comes down to this, Bruce knows he is a vigilante. His actions are technically illegal. Therefore if he murdered someone it would actually be a even further breech of the law. Additionally Bruce is not the judge and/or jury. He simply is a man who is taking it upon himself to catch criminals that the police seemingly cannot catch themselves. He is a super citizen. And he has sworn never to cross that line. It is what prevents him from losing himself. I mean several times he has commented on if he crossed the line he would never go back, and I think if he did he would become crazier and crazier as time went on. So it is good that he does not cross his moral line.

I think the gripe here should really be against not Bruce, not Gotham, not the State, but rather it United States Government. The Joker clearly has committed crimes of treason and crimes against the United States which equate to obvious domestic terrorism. It is the duty of the United States Government to convict, imprison and execute the Joker.

This is where the breech in reality that is present in comic books becomes frustrating. It is one thing to have men and women take the law into their own hands because they know they are the only ones who can stop criminals like Joker, Luthor, and so forth. But it is extremely frustrating to have these criminals escape constantly when they should be tried by the Countries Court as terrorists. Luthor makes a lot more sense getting away or escaping or getting charges dropped he has what seem to be infinite resources. But Joker lacks these types of resources. Heck even a chemically induced lobotomy would be fine.

It is obvious why comic books do not kill major villians, because they would eventually run out of fan favorites and would be forced to invent new characters and villians who may not bring in the sales. That is not a negative comment, but rather the truth. DC and Marvel are companies and therefore cannot kill off characters like the Joker because it would reduce sales.

Now in some ways that is a cop-out because if they can make characters like the Joker become popular then why not try to make new characters just as popular. Personally if I was in charge I would have lots of characters killed off, but in ways that would please the fans and would make sense in good stories, and then I would create new foes to replace the old ones.

But I am not in charge and neither are many of us in this forum. We can only wish list and make suggestions and hope the companies listen to us, but the chances of that are slim.

In the mean time we simply have to keep on enjoying comics and ponder our own solutions to these sorts of issues.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

If Batman murdered the Joker, Batman would be arrested, tried and convicted, then sentenced to prison for a very long time. While this would certainly change the status quo of the series, I don't believe the fan base would welcome such a change. The fundamental core of Batman is anti-crime. He wouldn't try to duck his culpability in a murder. He wouldn't hire the best legal defense team money can buy to help him beat the rap. Having crossed that line, he would plead guilty as charged, and end his career as Batman.

You can argue that the Joker deserves to die for all of the heinous crimes he has committed, over the years. The whole reason that we, as a society, have a legal system, is because we have agreed that no one man has the right to make that call. The ones that do are not hailed as heroes. They are arrested as criminals. Saying Batman is responsible for the Joker's actions is like saying the police are responsible for the actions of every criminal who is released, or escapes, from prison, who then goes on to commit another crime. A person is solely responsible for their own actions. That's it. If my brother starts beating up the neighbors, that has nothing to do with me. I am not obligated to intervene. At all. I probably would, but that would be my choice, not my responsibility.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

By the logic of this post I ask why doesn't Superman just take 30 seconds out of his day and eliminate every criminal on Earth? He could do it very easily so is Superman responsible for all crime on Earth?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251:

with that logic then every hero should go ahead and kill all their rogues and start over. or quit because theyre as bad as the problem theyre "solving". why should doom be alive? or kingpin? or green goblin? or Magneto? or Purple man? or bullseye? I could go on for days. Im starting to think this is just an anti dc thread -_-

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LaserLambert

@thejman251: well come on man, why don't you tell us who your favorite villain is and explain to us why he/she/it should be alive then?

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always find it funny when Marvel fans say "Why don't they kill the Joker?" Out of all the villains out there, the Joker is the most recognizable and marketable one. You'd have to be a retard to kill off this character.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Or just very pro Punisher in which case he should probably actually read some Punisher comics since even Frank knows he's doing the wrong thing.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can argue that the Joker deserves to die for all of the heinous crimes he has committed, over the years. The whole reason that we, as a society, have a legal system, is because we have agreed that no one man has the right to make that call. The ones that do are not hailed as heroes. They are arrested as criminals. Saying Batman is responsible for the Joker's actions is like saying the police are responsible for the actions of every criminal who is released, or escapes, from prison, who then goes on to commit another crime. A person is solely responsible for their own actions. That's it. If my brother starts beating up the neighbors, that has nothing to do with me. I am not obligated to intervene. At all. I probably would, but that would be my choice, not my responsibility.

Actually you are obligated to intervene if you brother starts to beat your neighbors. It doesnt mean you are obligated to physically get involved but you are at lest obligated to call the police otherwise you would be an accomplice to the crime of assault and battery if you did nothing. Anyway thread derailment ended.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ITS HIS DAMN MORALS!

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@moon_bat_87: That's true, however, my point still stands. Calling the police doesn't mean I'm taking responsibility for my brother's actions. It means 1.) I'm honoring my civic duty to not stand idly by while a crime is being committed, & 2.) I have no desire to go to jail, therefore I am taking steps to insure that does not happen to me, thus, again, taking responsibility only for myself.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@thejman251:

with that logic then every hero should go ahead and kill all their rogues and start over. or quit because theyre as bad as the problem theyre "solving". why should doom be alive? or kingpin? or green goblin? or Magneto? or Purple man? or bullseye? I could go on for days. Im starting to think this is just an anti dc thread -_-

- Yes, because lex luthor definitely escapes out of prison every tuesday and kills thousands of people.

- Oh wait, he's currently locked in a prison that he cannot escape from? As i thought. Hence, it's not "every hero". Q.E.D.

- Additionally, i don't read marvel at all and hence, i don't care.

- You can think this is an anti DC thread all you want however, the OP is clearly about the Joker and Batman.

@thejman251: well come on man, why don't you tell us who your favorite villain is and explain to us why he/she/it should be alive then?

- I don't have a favorite villain. Oh, that isn't what you wanted to hear? Well, that's a shame.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey said:

I always find it funny when Marvel fans say "Why don't they kill the Joker?" Out of all the villains out there, the Joker is the most recognizable and marketable one. You'd have to be a retard to kill off this character.

- Oh, i hope you aren't attempting to call me a Marvel fan as that would suggest an extremely high amount of ignorance.

- Regardless, you'd have to be a retard to continue to pay money for these idiotic, illogical and repetitive stories.

Avatar image for deathstrokemerc
    DeathstrokeMerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't kill Joker because he would be sending a message to the people that it's ok to be judge jury and executioner. If Batman can do it why can't we mentality.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey said:

- Oh, i hope you aren't attempting to call me a Marvel fan as that would suggest an extremely high amount of ignorance.

- Regardless, you'd have to be a retard to continue to pay money for these idiotic, illogical and repetitive stories.

Why do you have to keep using such harsh language? Dude, we are all comic book fans here, we dont come here to fight and call each other names. It is one thing to debate and to discuss as friends, but come on please relax.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: It's so ironic, your hatred for the Joker and your name is jman, and the leader of the Joker gang in Batman Beyond is called J-Man. Bizarre, I thought you were joking when I first saw you rant on him.

Anyway, you hate specific villains, so what, are all villains other than Joker tied for your favorite? come on man, I'm not calling you on anything, I don't hate the Joker, but I have grown tired of him.

I mean, every repeat offending villain should be killed off immediately? and it is the responsibility of that vigilante and not the authorities to see to it that it happens? You should read Judge Dredd is all I can think off.

Why not suggest something constructive to improve the character of the Joker? You just want to see him gone for good?

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thejman251

@thejman251 said:

@bogey said:

Why do you have to keep using such harsh language? Dude, we are all comic book fans here, we dont come here to fight and call each other names. It is one thing to debate and to discuss as friends, but come on please relax.

- I only responded with the word "retard" after this individual used it.

@thejman251: It's so ironic, your hatred for the Joker and your name is jman, and the leader of the Joker gang in Batman Beyond is called J-Man. Bizarre, I thought you were joking when I first saw you rant on him.

Anyway, you hate specific villains, so what, are all villains other than Joker tied for your favorite? come on man, I'm not calling you on anything, I don't hate the Joker, but I have grown tired of him.

I mean, every repeat offending villain should be killed off immediately? and it is the responsibility of that vigilante and not the authorities to see to it that it happens? You should read Judge Dredd is all I can think off.

Why not suggest something constructive to improve the character of the Joker? You just want to see him gone for good?

- Yes, it's ironic because the Joker is definitely the only villain in the universewho's name starts with the letter J. Moreover, no other character exists in any medium who's name starts with the letter 'J'. Oh, and my name couldn't possibly begin with the letter "j". That would simply make too much sense for you, wouldn't it? Moreover, Batman beyond is definitely canon. Oh wait, none of that is true? Surprise, surprise. This simply sounds like a hot steaming pile of ignorance.

- Did you not read the part where i said that i didn't have a favorite villain? Are you going to continue to respond to my posts without reading them, as if you actually read them?

- That would depend on the situation. However, the joker has been around since 1939(or so) and it's quite evident that what's being done isn't working and the he needs to die. It's the responsibility of the vigilante and the authorities. Especially when that vigilante claims to be "protecting" the city" and he continues to hand over said villain to the authorities, regardless of who he kills or what he does , while knowing full well that they won't do what's necessary.

- There is no improving this idiotic character. The idiotic and fatuous fanboyish writers along with their inane writing and sheer amounts of WIS/PIS/CIS are what has kept him alive for all of these years, in addition to DC's idiotic fear of changing the status quo. Hence, he needs to die immediately. If they wanted to improve his character, they had 72 years or so to do it.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PCN24454

Batman said that it was because he was worried that someone worse would take his place. He was probably voicing the writers that have to think of a better villain than Joker. It's just easier for them to keep him. Well, easier for sales.

Besides, Batman wouldn't have to kill Joker if the Corrections system was competent.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251:

@sog7dc said:

@thejman251 said:

- However, i refuse to pay money to read idiocy. If nothing is going to change and the same stories are going to be told over and over, there is no reason for me to support DC and it's idiocy. Moreover, i'm insulted that DC has the audacity to put on a facade of using logic and intelligence, when their primary book is a boat load of illogical and fatuous drivel.

- Additionally , i disagree with your saying that Killing the joker would ruin his entire mythos. Many interesting stories could spin off of that, along with many villians.

you're right. ur totally not bashing dc and using a lame argument against joker and batman to shroud it. (<=====sarcasm. because you actually are doing those things) way to only acknowledge one of the characters I mentioned. you have no clue what youre talking about. with your logic comics would cure one addiction with another. instead of one villain that the vast majority of readers enjoy. lets have a bunch of new villains no one cares about (which would inevitably be repeated). answer my question about the other villains I mentioned. tell me why they shouldn't be killed? you cant. Because your argument isn't an argument. its mindless babble. you don't like the character? fine but don't pretend to disapprove of what one character/publisher because theyre doing what literally EVERY COMIC DOES.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshmightbe

@thejman251: So basically you're going to call everyone stupid if they like something that you don't. Gotcha that's not pompous douche behavior at all.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: his opinion. same as he doesnt like yours you dont like his. arent opinionated people on the web awesome?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: I have actually asked why Batman doesn't kill or at least cripple the Joker before but I didn't jump down people's throats and call them idiots for not thinking he should

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: there are couple of arguments on the vine that will always lead to harsh words. this is one of them. i try to avoid them or test the water, goes well i continue, doesnt i quit.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LaserLambert

@thejman251 said:

- Yes, it's ironic because the Joker is definitely the only villain in the universewho's name starts with the letter J. Moreover, no other character exists in any medium who's name starts with the letter 'J'. Oh, and my name couldn't possibly begin with the letter "j". That would simply make too much sense for you, wouldn't it? Moreover, Batman beyond is definitely canon. Oh wait, none of that is true? Surprise, surprise. This simply sounds like a hot steaming pile of ignorance.

- Did you not read the part where i said that i didn't have a favorite villain? Are you going to continue to respond to my posts without reading them, as if you actually read them?

- That would depend on the situation. However, the joker has been around since 1939(or so) and it's quite evident that what's being done isn't working and the he needs to die. It's the responsibility of the vigilante and the authorities. Especially when that vigilante claims to be "protecting" the city" and he continues to hand over said villain to the authorities, regardless of who he kills or what he does , while knowing full well that they won't do what's necessary.

- There is no improving this idiotic character. The idiotic and fatuous fanboyish writers along with their inane writing and sheer amounts of WIS/PIS/CIS are what has kept him alive for all of these years, in addition to DC's idiotic fear of changing the status quo. Hence, he needs to die immediately. If they wanted to improve his character, they had 72 years or so to do it.

What is wrong with you? You share the name of a character who is a big fan of the Joker, and you hate the Joker; what does it matter if it's canon??? It is ironic, by its very definition. that's not some slight against that you need to retaliate for, just let it go.

I think you are lying about having a favorite villain to cover for an insecurity in your argument.

Come on, I know you like Bane, what if Batman decided to just kill Bane, because Bane is just too big a bad guy to leave around? is that something you would not be upset with? and don't say:

"- Bane wouldn't get killed you ignorant fatuous moron"

Or something like that.

but ultimately I think your last little bulleted paragraph sort of establishes the whole flaw of your reasoning, which is that you don't have a logical complaint, but that you hate him, and instead of correcting any flaws, you just want him to go away, making you even worse than the "fanboy" writers out there.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is a turd in the punch bowl....I repeat there is a turd in the punchbowl

No Caption Provided

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@thejman251:

@thejman251 said:

@sog7dc said:

@thejman251 said:

you're right. ur totally not bashing dc and using a lame argument against joker and batman to shroud it. (<=====sarcasm. because you actually are doing those things) way to only acknowledge one of the characters I mentioned. you have no clue what youre talking about. with your logic comics would cure one addiction with another. instead of one villain that the vast majority of readers enjoy. lets have a bunch of new villains no one cares about (which would inevitably be repeated). answer my question about the other villains I mentioned. tell me why they shouldn't be killed? you cant. Because your argument isn't an argument. its mindless babble. you don't like the character? fine but don't pretend to disapprove of what one character/publisher because theyre doing what literally EVERY COMIC DOES.

- Oh, and i suppose that you know what "ur" speaking about? Completely hilarious.

- Oh, and i have know clue what i'm speaking about? And i suppose that you do?

- With my logic, comics would actually make sense instead of retelling the same idiotic stories over again with nothing ever really changing or anything significant ever happening.

- Oh, and you're speaking as if these companies are incapable of being creative and creating new Villiains. Cute.

answer my question about the other villains I mentioned. tell me why they shouldn't be killed? you cant

- I didn't answer your question about those other characters BECAUSE I DON'T READ MARVEL. IT'S CALLED COMMON SENSE, I SUGGEST YOU ACQUIRE OR DEVELOP SOME. Additionally, perhaps you should learn how to read instead of accusing others of spouting mindless babble.

Because your argument isn't an argument

- It's funny that you have the nerve to say that someone else's opinion isn't an argument when you can't even read.

its mindless babble.

- Do you actually think i care about your opinion when you lack the basic ability to read my post properly? And you have the audacity to call someone else's pst "midnles bable".

you don't like the character? fine but don't pretend to disapprove of what one character/publisher because theyre doing what literally EVERY COMIC DOES.

- Oh, and you also have the audacity to tell me that i'm pretending to have this opinion. Here's a hint, i'm not pretending.

- Oh, and "your argument isn't an argument" because every comic does not put an idiotic clown in a prison with a revolving door as if something was going to change repeatedly. Comics in which villains are dealt with do exist. Hence, your statement is false.

- Try again, and before you do, i suggest that you learn how to read properly.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251:

Lol ok this is gonna be fun

1. Why write a response if your so confident in my inablity to read?

2. Dc has been making money doing this for over 70 years donuts obviously working for them pretty well

3. Your right because it's just soooooo easy to make

Up new characters and have people love them in comics that's why everybody does it

4.I may not be able to read but I sure can spell lol

5. You are lying through your teeth about not reading marvel

6.everycomic has had villains be detained and subsequently escape or be released in order to cause more chaos. Every single one of them. From squirrel girl to superman

6.Im trying to figure out how it's possible that I can type while simultaneously lacking the ability to read....damn that's a head scratcher

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: So basically you're going to call everyone stupid if they like something that you don't. Gotcha that's not pompous douche behavior at all.

- Yes, because i definitely started calling people "stupid" out of nowhere and they didn't disrespect me or warrant it at all. (obvious sarcasm).

@thejman251 said:

What is wrong with you? You share the name of a character who is a big fan of the Joker, and you hate the Joker; what does it matter if it's canon??? It is ironic, by its very definition. that's not some slight against that you need to retaliate for, just let it go.

I think you are lying about having a favorite villain to cover for an insecurity in your argument.

Come on, I know you like Bane, what if Batman decided to just kill Bane, because Bane is just too big a bad guy to leave around? is that something you would not be upset with? and don't say:

"- Bane wouldn't get killed you ignorant fatuous moron"

Or something like that.

but ultimately I think your last little bulleted paragraph sort of establishes the whole flaw of your reasoning, which is that you don't have a logical complaint, but that you hate him, and instead of correcting any flaws, you just want him to go away, making you even worse than the "fanboy" writers out there.

- I share a similar username to an insignificant and forgettable character, and i'm supposed to care? It's funny that you had the audacity to say that to me as if the Joker is some god of the universe that everything must somehow relate to.

- You think i'm lying hmm?

- Am i supposed to care about what you think if you can't even read? Is your response to everything going to be "you're lying, i don't believe you!"?

I know you like Bane

- Oh, and now you're telling me what i like? Your incredibly amount of ignorance is astounding.

- The flaw of my reasoning? How utterly hilarious?

you don't have a logical complaint

- I don't have a logical complaint? Yes, continue to purchase DC's idiotic stories in which mass murderers escape from prison every tuesday and nothing is ever done to deal with the situation, among a plethora of many other fatuous and inane stories.

instead of correcting any flaws, you just want him to go away,

- You're apparently illiterate. I've already stated that there aren't any flaws that can be corrected.

- The mere fact that the joker is alive is an illogical flaw(which i've already stated, however you apparently didn't read that either. Surprise, surprise) and there is only one way to correct such a flaw. Moreover, the idiotic nature of nearly every character in these stories that do not kill him along with that of the U.S. government cannot simply be "corrected" without him dieing.

- I'm sorry that you want the joker to stay around and simply believe that they can address the flaws in his character however, that's nearly impossible. Fans like you are nearly worse than DC , fanboy writers and all, as you think that the joker can simply "have his character improved" and live happily ever after.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: You implied that people who like Joker were stupid in the OP. This whole thread started on a completely hostile note.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By thejman251

@sog7dc said:

@thejman251:

2. Dc has been making money doing this for over 70 years donuts obviously working for them pretty well

3. Your right because it's just soooooo easy to make

Up new characters and have people love them in comics that's why everybody does it

4.I may not be able to read but I sure can spell lol

5. You are lying through your teeth about not reading marvel

6.everycomic has had villains be detained and subsequently escape or be released in order to cause more chaos. Every single one of them. From squirrel girl to superman

6.Im trying to figure out how it's possible that I can type while simultaneously lacking the ability to read....damn that's a head scratcher

- So you can't read and you "think this is gonna be fun". You strike me as an ignorant troll.

- 1. you're*. Additionally, my responses aren't limited by your disabilities.

- 2. Am i supposed to care what DC has been doing? I'm the customer, so if i think their stories are incredibly idiotic, repetitive and insignificant, i won't buy them. You have no say on the matter.

- 3. Yes, because writers who are professionally paid to write these books are incapable of making new characters. That's the reason why new characters are made fairly often aren't they?

6.everycomic has had

- 4. inability*. you're*. Every comic*.Were you saying that you could spell? I thought that was a joke.

- 5. Please tell me what marvel comics i read you troll. Please ignorantly attempt to tell me what i own and read as if you would know.

- 6. False. Every comic does not have a serial killer clown killing mass amounts of people only to be put in a revolving door with no fatal measures ever taken. Characters do get killed off. Try again.

- 7. Keep wondering, it should come to you with the acquisition of common sense.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: I want to keep going on this, to prove the point that your tactic of just flat-out denying everything that people say without actually presenting a counter view and then insulting them is wrong, but I honestly don't care much about the Joker, I think he's had some good stories, but I just have no personal attachment to him (that doesn't mean I think he should be wiped off the face of the Earth).

Take care.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: You implied that people who like Joker were stupid in the OP. This whole thread started on a completely hostile note.

- That's your opinion as implications are subjective.

- Furthermore, i did not make such a statement at any point in the OP.

- If people are upset because i don't like the precious Joker, that's not my problem.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: I don't care if you like the Joker or not. If he died forever in the next issue he appeared in I wouldn't care. All I'm saying if you come out hostile you can't get pissed for people returning the hostility.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: I don't care if you like the Joker or not. If he died forever in the next issue he appeared in I wouldn't care. All I'm saying if you come out hostile you can't get pissed for people returning the hostility.

- I didn't come out hostile, i merely stated my opinion. The OP was not hostile in any way.

- If some fanboys think that my opinion offends them i definitely do not give a damn.

@thejman251: I want to keep going on this, to prove the point that your tactic of just flat-out denying everything that people say without actually presenting a counter view and then insulting them is wrong, but I honestly don't care much about the Joker, I think he's had some good stories, but I just have no personal attachment to him (that doesn't mean I think he should be wiped off the face of the Earth).

Take care.

- Denying people's opinions? Right. Coming from the likes of you who tried to tell me what my favorite villain was, and the other troll who attempted to tell me that i read Marvel.

- I've already stated my opinions clearly, and the only thing you've done was comment on them without reading along with claiming that "i have no logical argument".

- Have a nice day.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when trolls had a sense of subtlety and nuance.

ssbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

look i understand the point made why batman can not and should not kill the joker for his own sanity and the moral messages sent ti the reader if batman can give up on his one big rule (apart from guns) then what is left to the batman ideology as a reader and as an in universe citizen what i have secretly always wonder though is why some GCPD officer hasn't shot him i mean the opportunities must have been there and i know that in the canon universe it would be a terrible story getting rid of one of the greatest villains in such a terrible way would stir uproar but i wonder how it would affect batman would he be happy or does he really need the joker i think as an elserworlds story it could be quite fun or maybe i am dead wrong either way something to think about maybe

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question isn't why Batman haven't kill joker but why the police and court haven't killed the Joker.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

The question isn't why Batman haven't kill joker but why the police and court haven't killed the Joker.

Because only Batman is smart enough to defeat him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RustyRoy

@pcn24454 said:
    @rustyroy said:

Because only Batman is smart enough to defeat him.

What does that have to do with Batman defeating him? Batman criminals to the cops, if he starts killing criminals then cops will hunt him down. Its courts responsibility to condemn Joker to death.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.