which is better:dark knight returns or year one?

buttmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By buttmonkey

is year one:the re-interpretation of batman's origin, better than the dark kinght returns:the now legendary finale(i know there is a sequel to it but i dont acknowlede it) to the career of batman?this is a hard one as i myself love both of these classics that prove just why frakn miller is the best in the business.your thoughts please..

Galamoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Galamoth

I agree, both books are amazing, but I'm definitely going to go with Dark Knight Returns. I loved the tone of year one, but DKR was so crazy with the mutants and everything, it was just a fun ride. The thing is that DKR is a lot longer, therefore having more classic moments for me.

My favorite part of Year One is when Batman is hiding and neutralizing the SWAT team, and one of the guys shoots at a cat, and batman gets angry about it and throws the guy through a brick wall. Haha.

Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Psychotime

I can't get myself to look at DKR, because I hate Miller's art. But Year One was great, so I gotta give it a chance one of these days.

Albino494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Albino494

Just read The Dark Knight Returns and it was great! Haven't read Year One yet but thats on my To Do List :P 
    Not sure which one I would like better though... I'll post back on here when I have read Year One :)
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ComicCrazy

For me definitely Year one
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

I actually much preferred DKR

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

DKR was brilliant except for Carrie Kelly. She really, really hurt the story overall. Year One is better for that reason.

Albino494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Albino494

Like I said, I would post back here when I read Year One. It's a tough choice, both a brilliant classics. I did like the concept of the story better in The Dark Knight Returns, but I did end up enjoying Year One more. Couldn't say why, it just seemed to suck me in more, even though The Dark Knight Returns was more epic. It's weird, I don't even know why I like it more, I just do. 
    Both are awesome books though that have my highest recommendations XD
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By batman_is_god
    @Psychotime said:

"I can't get myself to look at DKR, because I hate Miller's art. But Year One was great, so I gotta give it a chance one of these days."

You are missing out. It is my favorite book.
    E5TEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have read both, and while reading I think I can say that DKR was better, but I love year one much more. The art, the gordon perspective, and the young batman's personality really do it for me

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.