Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Reveals Wonder Woman's Costume and Teaser

Nuec_Sol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#401  Edited By Nuec_Sol

@nixnightbird: Sorry but you're way off. I follow combat sports and I will tell you, none of those women (except the last) look like combatants. They're body builders with breast implants. You can't make the argument that Wonder Woman look combat ready, and judge purely by beach muscle. Here are some actual women hold or held world titles in a combat sport:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#403  Edited By Jphu8414

Looks good but why does snyder put a dumb filter on all photos he releases?

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

incredible

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no idea people were so uptight about the costume. I mean, it's a ridiculous costume to begin with.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Me like it a loty and she has put on weight I don't know what people are talking about.

Avatar image for regnierofhexter
    RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: IDK but you are kinda right but if she nails the part in film then I guess its forgivable

Avatar image for super_average_guy
    Super Average Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I love the costume. It turned out really good, but I have 3 major changes that I hope are made for the movie.

1. Get rid of the stripper heels!

For all the talk about making super hero costumes more realistic for movies and not using the "cheesy" elements of their traditional costume, high heels are the most unrealistic aspect of her costume. She is an Amazon warrior. She should have a warrior's foot attire.

2. Bring back the colors!

Hero outfits don't all need to fit with Batman's color palette. Superman (with Chris Reeve), Avengers, Capt America, Iron Man, Spiderman have all proven that you can have costumes that are very close to the comics in style and color palette and still be great movies! Wonder Woman especially has a specific reason for wearing brighter colors. She's the ambassador to the U.S. They don't have to be neon bright but please don't make it super dark and gritty or brownish or whatever.

3. Her Eyes are Blue!

One of my pet peeves when it comes to super hero movies is the total lack of respect for the physical details of characters. Getting these physical traits accurate is one of the major things that allow fans to experience total immersion, and believe they are watching their favorite character come to life. Often what happens is they cast an actor who has a certain hair color, and then magically the character now has that same hair color as the actor in the movie. If a blonde actor with a long goatee were cast to play Abe Lincoln you better believe that they'd be dying his hair black and giving him a proper Lincoln beard. Why can't super hero movies get that same respect? Wonder Woman's eyes are blue and I would think it'd be an easy fix.

4. Okay one more...

This is somewhat related to the last one, but it would be great if she put on a little more muscle. Amazon warrior and all...

ComicNerd105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By ComicNerd105

@super_average_guy said:
    No Caption Provided

I love the costume. It turned out really good, but I have 3 major changes that I hope are made for the movie.

For all the talk about making super hero costumes more realistic for movies and not using the "cheesy" elements of their traditional costume, high heels are the most unrealistic aspect of her costume. She is an Amazon warrior. She should have a warrior's foot attire.

Hero outfits don't all need to fit with Batman's color palette. Superman (with Chris Reeve), Avengers, Capt America, Iron Man, Spiderman have all proven that you can have costumes that are very close to the comics in style and color palette and still be great movies! Wonder Woman especially has a specific reason for wearing brighter colors. She's the ambassador to the U.S. They don't have to be neon bright but please don't make it super dark and gritty or brownish or whatever.

3. Her Eyes are Blue!

One of my pet peeves when it comes to super hero movies is the total lack of respect for the physical details of characters. Getting these physical traits accurate is one of the major things that allow fans to experience total immersion, and believe they are watching their favorite character come to life. Often what happens is they cast an actor who has a certain hair color, and then magically the character now has that same hair color as the actor in the movie. If a blonde actor with a long goatee were cast to play Abe Lincoln you better believe that they'd be dying his hair black and giving him a proper Lincoln beard. Why can't super hero movies get that same respect? Wonder Woman's eyes are blue and I would think it'd be an easy fix.

4. Okay one more...

This is somewhat related to the last one, but it would be great if she put on a little more muscle. Amazon warrior and all...

She's wearing wedges. Black Widow and Sif both wear wedges yet no one seems to complain about that.

The photo is filtered you can find what the suit really looks like online with it's color - it looks cool.

Meh. Batman's eyes are suppose to be blue too it doesn't matter. There's even a carnation of Wonder Woman with brown eyes.

She is still working out and getting muscle she looks amazing right now and she's still working on it.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By DarkDay
    @nuec_sol said:

@nixnightbird: Sorry but you're way off. I follow combat sports and I will tell you, none of those women (except the last) look like combatants. They're body builders with breast implants. You can't make the argument that Wonder Woman look combat ready, and judge purely by beach muscle. Here are some actual women hold or held world titles in a combat sport:

I'm gonna be that guy and say that if we were going by that particular set of rules then Superman and Batman would look rather different as well. Beach muscle as you call it is most assuredly more for show than it is for work, but body builders are the idea of strength to the average layman and it is an ideal that will probably be with us for quite sometime.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

vs

Bulk doesn't make you a good fighter, but in the cultural lexicon it is short hand for look at how intimidating and capable I am. So while I agree with you, it is sort of like shouting at the tide at this point.

Avatar image for divine_disorder
    Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@the_stegman: It may just be part of the act but again it makes me think that he really doesn't want to be there. Like he is above all this super-hero comic-con stuff.

@_nexus_: It's my only concern with him. You see Cavill, Gadot (and even people like Stephen Amell) really embracing their roles, they seem happy. Hopefully, this is more than a paycheck to him.

There are other photos out there of this same event. Affleck smiles in some of them, and in some it's Cavill who isn't smiling. I think you worry too much.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Looks like something xena warrior princess.

Nuec_Sol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#413  Edited By Nuec_Sol

@darkday said:

@nuec_sol said:

I'm gonna be that guy and say that if we were going by that particular set of rules then Superman and Batman would look rather different as well. Beach muscle as you call it is most assuredly more for show than it is for work, but body builders are the idea of strength to the average layman and it is an ideal that will probably be with us for quite sometime.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

vs

Bulk doesn't make you a good fighter, but in the cultural lexicon it is short hand for look at how intimidating and capable I am. So while I agree with you, it is sort of like shouting at the tide at this point.

No Caption Provided

Well my original comment referred to the huge difference female body builders and female fighters, and a buffer Wonder Woman with a boob job wouldn't be as realistic as many think.

I get what people expect male heroes to look like, and truth its not to far off since many male fighters are very ripped.

e.g. fighter/Army Ranger Tim Kennedy

DcNoobReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

typical comic fans are never happy, while your all in tears, swearing your undying comic knowledge, us "lesser' fans """""""""""""""""" will be enjoying all of this.

Avatar image for garrowaficionado21
    GarrowAficionado21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paul2814: Actually dude she's too skinny in my opinion i'm not saying she should be 'thick' or a fucking muscle woman but bigger as in taller more toned; but still sexy... no offense to her, shes a great actress but she's just too pathetic looking to play Wander Woman

Avatar image for super_average_guy
    Super Average Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicnerd105 said:

@super_average_guy said:
    No Caption Provided

3. Her Eyes are Blue!

4. Okay one more...

She's wearing wedges. Black Widow and Sif both wear wedges yet no one seems to complain about that.

The photo is filtered you can find what the suit really looks like online with it's color - it looks cool.

Meh. Batman's eyes are suppose to be blue too it doesn't matter. There's even a carnation of Wonder Woman with brown eyes.

She is still working out and getting muscle she looks amazing right now and she's still working on it.

Well actually I don't like them wearing heels or wedges either. Wonder Woman should have some flat boots or greek warrior sandals with shin guards or something to that effect. She's a warrior and it'd be cool to see her kick some bad guy in the face and not see dainty looking footwear.

Maybe to you details like eye color don't matter, but to myself and many other fans those details make the experience that much more enjoyable. If it doesn't matter either way to some, why not make it blue so everyone will be happy?

I hope she is still training. I think she's friends with the Rock. She needs to hit the gym with him and smell what he's cookin ;)

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

It is much better than it could have been I like it overall, my only concern is the shoes - never worn heels before but wouldn't it be dangerous to be doing stunts in them? I understand for a character like Catwoman where heels are essential to the look but they aren't essential to Wonder Woman and therefore seems like pointless risk for Gal Gadot and for what? Fetish Fuel? Either way costumes seem to evolve with each movie these days eg. Cap having 3 already.

Avatar image for batmanvssupermanbatmanwins
    BatmanvsSupermanBatmanwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.