Follow

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movie » Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released on March 25, 2016.

Gotham City-based vigilante Batman travels to Metropolis to preemptively combat Superman, fearing what would happen if the latter is kept unchecked, while another threat endangers humankind.

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' Reveals Wonder Woman's Costume and Teaser

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By sasquatch888
    No Caption Provided

comparable physique ...thumbs up

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By SaintWildcard

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard: Yes you were right about the reveal of the WW costume. I should have guessed you'd gloat about your prediction. I suppose it's a good thing we never put any official money on whether the Wonder Woman costume would be revealed at SDCC.

That's just how I roll
    That's just how I roll

Also by the sounds of that mailing fiasco I doubt I would ever get it. Now if only @humanrocket would man up and accept my 100 dollar bet on whether BvS will make more money than Cap 3.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By HumanRocket
    SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By SaintWildcard
    HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@lvenger said:

Loads of people are lapping this up like it's some kind of divine revelation from on high. Applying thought or logic to these reveals easily shows how empty and vacuous the DC Cinematic Universe is and how Marvel have a much better grasp than Warner Bros or DC could ever hope to grasp.

Geez you're acting like WB never has made a movie before!

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am i the only one who doesnt like the monochrome costumes. I can imagine the fute JL with Batman is all black, Superman is blue and red (one on back other on front), Wonderwoman Brown, flash red, green lantern green....
    The rainbow 7!!!

Plus: She reminds me way too much of Xena the warrior princess... especially because of the colour scheme.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@saint_wildcard: It's silly to think that Cap 3 will make more money than BvS. Now he could have made a reasonable bet on the quality of the film but making a bet on such a subjective stipulation isn't the best money maker either.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#364  Edited By Lvenger

@saint_wildcard: Is that an enlarged image of the revealed WW costume or is it a photoshopped one?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#365  Edited By entropy_aegis

Gina carano + that costume = a REAL Wonder Woman

Wrong as usual.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By SaintWildcard

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard: Is that an enlarged image of the revealed WW costume or is it a photoshopped one?

It says it's the photo with the color filters removed, therefore showing how bright the colors really are.... well I hope it's real.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OptimusMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome. Wonder Woman should get her own movie.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By feargalr

I never understood why people were so worried with how WW would look in the movie, thats like the easiest thing to get right.

Am I the only one concerned with the fact that they hired someone to play WW who has almost zero acting experience? I don't see how she's going to be able to hold her own while on screen next to two very experienced actors... but I do hope I'm wrong...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#370  Edited By Teerack
    No Caption Provided

Left is the new Wonder Woman. Being deemed still too skinny and frail.

Right is Kacy Catanzaro, the first female to advance to the finals of American Ninja. Considered strong and inspiring to female athletes.

Stop assuming someone is weak based off your closed minded ignorant ideals.

Comic fans really need to step into a gym and learn something about fitness and the female body before attempting to whine about it.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By modernww2fare

@entropy_aegis said:

@modernww2fare said:

Wrong as usual.

Except it's my opinion, douchebag -_-

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I see her in full costume... the illusion is back and now Gal has no choice but to accept my love for her. UN-DYING-LOVE. Pretty much any hot lady who wears a Wonder Woman costume will also have to accept that.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I can't wait to see Wonder Woman's wonderful @$$.

No Caption Provided

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks so bad lol

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I hope we see lots of high kicks.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with ya. It's too bad she can't act her way out of a room :-/

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

I'm with ya. It's too bad she can't act her way out of a room :-/

is she that much worse than Gal?

NixNightbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    No Caption Provided

Right is Kacy Catanzaro, the first female to advance to the finals of American Ninja. Considered strong and inspiring to female athletes.

Comic fans really need to step into a gym and learn something about fitness and the female body before attempting to whine about it.

It's not about fitness, especially not the fitness that a human woman could achieve. It's about her being an AMAZON. That word means something, refers to specific appearance and build, and should carry some weight in the casting decision. This isn't some "American Ninja" (whatever the hell that might be) fitness competition-- This is a woman who can go toe-to-toe with Superman in a fist fight and make him sweat and feel it. Your "American Ninja" chick can't lift an aircraft carrier with ease; Diana can! Shouldn't she look like it? If Superman (Cavill) looks all muscled and toned, then so should Diana. If Batman (who isn't even super-strong) looks all muscled and toned, then so should Diana. This skinny supermodel look is lame when the character is supposed to be a superhuman warrior from an amazon culture.

I also can't help but notice that her Golden Lasso of Truth isn't even gold. It's kind of nickel-colored. WB/DC/Zack are terrified of using any bright colors on their characters. Maroon & navy Superman, bronze and nickel Wonder Woman, all-black Batman, and next we'll get a Green Lantern wearing black and muted moss green.

Here's a page of athletic women, many of whom would be far more convincing as an amazon warrior with super strength and a lifetime of intense battle training.

NixNightbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By NixNightbird

Here are some Wonder Women:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

These women look like when they punch Superman, he might feel it. They look like they wouldn't get tired climbing a tall staircase. They look like they do a lot more than Pilates and 20-minute workouts. They look strong, powerful, durable, and like they have trained hard for a very long time.

This should have been what they went for with Wonder Woman. Not that I'm surprised. WB wouldn't dare allow Wonder Woman to look like a real warrior. She has to be sexy and look like a supermodel first, and then they'll make her "seem" tough by having a stuntwoman do a lot of spin-kicks and that lame fighting move we keep seeing women do in movies where they leap up, wrap their legs around the bigger guy's head, and bring him down in a head-scissor flip or spin. A woman who just straightforward PUNCHES and does damage because she's powerfully-built? Nope. Can't have that. She needs to be Buffy the Amazon.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By modernww2fare

Off-topic: I still think Billy Zane should've been cast as Lex Luthor instead of Jesse. The dude looks and sounds exactly like the DCAU Lex Luthor

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
    Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well so far I've read every comment posted on WW's "looks", and I have to admit, when i first saw this pic, I liked it. BUT... I'm beginning to see that many of you have a valid point: they should have used a more physically powerful female actor to play Wonder Woman. It really does make more sense, than having a girl who looks thin in a two piece bikini, play a Warrior Princess.

Ultron345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By Ultron345

Why does EVERYTHING DC do have to be met with skepticism and hate. I couldn't even imagine how much of a circle j**k it would be if Marvel made a movie with Carol in it. This negativity really gets me down in a comic community clamoring for EVERYTHING to be silly and fun.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By ganon15
    @nixnightbird said:

No Caption Provided

^I like this one, reminds me of Adam Hughes' Wonder Woman :) The rest are too manly looking.

@nixnightbird said:

No Caption Provided

Kinda manly, but still has a nice arse

@nixnightbird said:

These women look like when they punch Superman, he might feel it. They look like they wouldn't get tired climbing a tall staircase. They look like they do a lot more than Pilates and 20-minute workouts. They look strong, powerful, durable, and like they have trained hard for a very long time.

This should have been what they went for with Wonder Woman. Not that I'm surprised. WB wouldn't dare allow Wonder Woman to look like a real warrior. She has to be sexy and look like a supermodel first, and then they'll make her "seem" tough by having a stuntwoman do a lot of spin-kicks and that lame fighting move we keep seeing women do in movies where they leap up, wrap their legs around the bigger guy's head, and bring him down in a head-scissor flip or spin. A woman who just straightforward PUNCHES and does damage because she's powerfully-built? Nope. Can't have that. She needs to be Buffy the Amazon.

Lol you have a point

Avatar image for i_love_purgatori
    I_Love_Purgatori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@antihero_jaymok: Yeah because Wonder Woman's muscles is what gives her strength right? LOL

I can bet that even if WB cast a woman that pleased these crybabies they would find something else to bitch and complain about and that is the sad truth!

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
    Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By Antihero_Jaymok

@i_love_purgatori: I'm not saying she gets her strength from her muscles, but physique is important. We all know how strong Superman is, but could you imagine someone as thin as Joel McHale cast as him? His thin, non-muscular frame would ruin any attempt at him wanting to be taken seriously.

But I believe you are correct, even if a muscular body type was cast, people would still b!tch about something...

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

@t_hench: I take your point when referring to the Nolan films. But Man of Steel lacked realism because it lacked humanity, it felt like some producer had just been saying "we need to be more gritty, gritty, gritty" no one reacted to the destruction.

Think back to the Nolan films, you had Rachel trapped on Arkham island with Joffrey, TDK you had the two ferries, TDKR Nightwing getting the kids out on buses. It showed the humanity.

You could say this point is unrelated to the costume so let me put it another way. I feel the Marvel films felt more grounded and 'realistic' because the films had humanity in them. Man of steel, for me, didn't. It doesn't matter how colourful the costume is if the director & writer reach out and make the audience feel something.

I really hope they nail it in this next film. I really want a successful Justice League series of films

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By Fallingcliffs

If anything MOS was more realistic, take MOS vs. Avengers. I mean that whole Hulk scene, yet nobody had issues with the planes, destruction but MOS omg "what did Superman do" lol come on, the grittyness was great and felt emotional like the part where the girl was trapped under the damaged buildings, THAT was something realistic in a case of falling buildings, cities exploding or being destroyed...I know cause I uhh live in one. Rant over...

For this news, great news. I like it, she's more buff than Linda ever was it's really obvious.

I also think this movie will rock. That teaser clip that's pulled off now alone got me more excited then the entire movie of Avengers or DKR.

Few things though, she's not anorexic so those people saying such are beyond wrong. I've seen and known real people anorexic, she's not....far from it.

Secondly, for those people who complained about the hair? really? Wonder Woman's a character who's changed so much over the years especially with hair from just shoulder length to long and straight to curly, so this is kind of ridiculous to me to gripe about that. She's not bald so who cares?

The color gig, the more faded colors which are there just faded fits the tone of this movie so I'm cool with it. Maybe the big and bright rainbow colors work for Avengers but let DC be different for god's sake. Synder and Nolan's darker tone fit their films PERFECTLY.

This movie will own bigtime, can't wait. I don't even care what the haters and skeptics say, some people will complain about anything.

@teerack I agree 100% my friend. People have to stop judging a book by it's cover.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#390  Edited By Teerack
    @nixnightbird said:

@teerack said:
    No Caption Provided

It's not about fitness, especially not the fitness that a human woman could achieve. It's about her being an AMAZON. That word means something, refers to specific appearance and build, and should carry some weight in the casting decision. This isn't some "American Ninja" (whatever the hell that might be) fitness competition-- This is a woman who can go toe-to-toe with Superman in a fist fight and make him sweat and feel it. Your "American Ninja" chick can't lift an aircraft carrier with ease; Diana can! Shouldn't she look like it? If Superman (Cavill) looks all muscled and toned, then so should Diana. If Batman (who isn't even super-strong) looks all muscled and toned, then so should Diana. This skinny supermodel look is lame when the character is supposed to be a superhuman warrior from an amazon culture.

I also can't help but notice that her Golden Lasso of Truth isn't even gold. It's kind of nickel-colored. WB/DC/Zack are terrified of using any bright colors on their characters. Maroon & navy Superman, bronze and nickel Wonder Woman, all-black Batman, and next we'll get a Green Lantern wearing black and muted moss green.

Here's a page of athletic women, many of whom would be far more convincing as an amazon warrior with super strength and a lifetime of intense battle training.

Basically you believe that glam muscles make you stronger which isn't how it works in the slithers. Since most of your power comes from your core. In both men and women there is a very defined point where making your muscles size bigger becomes not important and muscles conditioning becomes everything. People with large muscles get them mostly for show which is they call it body sculpting. People with very fit bodies can lift the heaviest weights you find a most any gym with the right training without looking like hulk or she hulk.

That being said Wonder Woman is meant to be a character with peak warrior like prowess, and a physique more like the one she has in the image above would be the much better fighter compared to the images you're posting since she has a lot of strength, but isn't limited in seed and flexibility because of unnecessary bulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for batsymyplaything
    batsymyplaything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know people want Gal to gain muscle, but she has been skin all her life it seems. I doubt she can gain the muscle you guys want her to in 6 months. That's right, even in 6 months with a trainer.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

I want to know where she is standing? In a volcano only or something better?

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it. She looks slender and athletic which to me always makes sense for a superhero. Fast, and a better fighter....perfect for an Amazon.

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk why Lynda Carter body is being compared to. that was 40 years ago.

Reeve as Superman's body would get laughed at today.

still halter top woman(think we all knew Faora-Ul was a girl). guess we gotta hope for a great story.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@thatlad said:

@t_hench: I take your point when referring to the Nolan films. But Man of Steel lacked realism because it lacked humanity, it felt like some producer had just been saying "we need to be more gritty, gritty, gritty" no one reacted to the destruction.

Think back to the Nolan films, you had Rachel trapped on Arkham island with Joffrey, TDK you had the two ferries, TDKR Nightwing getting the kids out on buses. It showed the humanity.

You could say this point is unrelated to the costume so let me put it another way. I feel the Marvel films felt more grounded and 'realistic' because the films had humanity in them. Man of steel, for me, didn't. It doesn't matter how colourful the costume is if the director & writer reach out and make the audience feel something.

I really hope they nail it in this next film. I really want a successful Justice League series of films

I probably should have elaborated more. What I meant by reality was, when a "god" hits a building, its gonna tumble lol. I definitely wasn't trying to suggest it took a realistic approach like the Nolan trilogy. Just that DC isn't going the Marvel route, downplaying death and destruction, but instead is showing the colossal destruction that would actually occur if we had "gods" fighting in our streets.

This also ties into my vibrant costume comment. Realistically, superheroes would not dress in vibrant colours as it would be a major draw of attention both to the general public and villains.

As for your comments about the humanity of the film...no argument from me lol and yes I too hope they nail this!

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#397  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Heres a brightened up version.

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

Gundale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Nope, she has the face of a whore. I'm sorry, she just looks like a whore.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Face of a whore? What? I don't think she looks like a whore, she looks beautiful. Besides, a whore isn't defined by your face.

@kasino said:

idk why Lynda Carter body is being compared to. that was 40 years ago.

Reeve as Superman's body would get laughed at today.

still halter top woman(think we all knew Faora-Ul was a girl). guess we gotta hope for a great story.

True, back then actors who portrayed super heroes never got "ripped or really buff" like they do now, but just in shape. Lynda and Christopher were very fit, in shape. Reeve did work out but just didn't get "body builder ripped" like Cavill and even Welling did the first few seasons of Smallville did for their roles of Superman. Both Reeve and Welling were models too early on so you do have to be fit/in shape, you just don't have to be "body builder huge". However, for Superman I think it's logical at this point. I think Gal looks fine.

Gritz217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really digging the costume. The Greco-Roman influence is very fitting considering her connection with Greek mythology. People may look and see Xena's influence but that's alright with me. I've always believed that Xena's look would be a perfect base for a modern day movie Wonder Woman. Gadot looks really good in it and she really doesn't deserve HALF of the crap that she's been getting from us comic fanboys. Rail-thin? REALLY? Are we looking at the same picture?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.